user profile
Sign in
user profile

A to Z claim - Refund full amount for late delivery

by Seller_9YiwyAEaQHwIA

Hello,

We shipped a few items late which the customer had paid for next day delivery. The customer was trying to claim the next day delivery fee back and was speaking with an Amazon advisor.

I’ve just had an A to Z claim come in from the customer, I asked the customer why he placed the claim and he said I wanted the next day delivery refund. The item value is £400.

I said, I can do this and refunded the delivery back to the customer.

The customer then responded with the below.

Hi ,The agent placed the claim not me , i told them i received the item , they said they are refunding the whole amount for the inconvenience.You can contact them and they should confirm my story .its all on chat .I am not trying to take something is not mine , Amazon offered the refund for the inconvenience and i said ok .
Regards.

Is this normal? How is this fair?

Thanks in advance.

Chris

Tags: A to Z Claims, Customer, Refunds
27 replies
27 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_2BrPSydGy6oyq
In reply to: Seller_9YiwyAEaQHwIA’s post

Is this one of the 124 prime orders late due to the container late delivery issue you had?

If so, are you really saying you did not refund the next day delivery charges before Customers complained?

Anyway, I think this situation is between you and Amazon, no idea why they think they can refund the whole order amount, or under what policy permits them to refund late deliveries?

user profile
Seller_DROodOAYHftnc

Do Amazon Support REALLY have the right to do that with the seller’s money ?

user profile
Seller_Gyxl3CWGjSd3N

It is absolutely disgusting what Amazon are doing with sellers hard earned money.

user profile
Seller_9YiwyAEaQHwIA

I’ve actually had a further conversation with the buyer, he agrees that’s it’s ridiculous how the advisor has done this.

And I agree with Pink Panther. In this circumstance my issue is with Amazon and not the buyer.

user profile
Seller_WTluE0oRgG3cy

Don’t worry I have 3 this week keeps the watch and have your money back A to Z claims
and we. smack your arse ! with a nice defect even if its not your fault and shows delivered

user profile
Seller_7VbclcPFFRTnc

Unfortunately some agents are more than useless.

Now with regards to the a-z -
Firstly, was the item sent with full signed for tracking? If so you can appeal.

Secondly, (actually this should be firstly !!) have you actually checked the a-z claim to see if it is seller funded or Amazon Funded.

user profile
Seller_PsEqvbFTR3WId

I had the same thing happen a few weeks back. Order was delivered late and Amazon refunded the customer the full amount. Cost me around £135 in losses and for what? it certainly isn’t fair yet Amazon feel entitled to just take the money anyway.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post