user profile
Sign in
user profile

Customer claims not to have received item

by Seller_rWlDE8fJxJ5ER

I sent an order “signed for”. Royal Mail website says item received and signed with customers first name but he claims not to have received anything. Any suggestions on the way forward please?

Tags: INR (item not received), Royal Mail
45 replies
45 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_esvgLzKXw2YAl
In reply to: Seller_rWlDE8fJxJ5ER’s post

I would send a polite mail stating the above.
Send a copy of the signature as well.

Probably worth checking that the actual address is correct.
But 99% of the time, that will put people off.

user profile
Seller_YkcmMaRQOX2Uc

I’ve known postal delivery staff (what’s the latest appropriate term for them!?) and other couriers - including AL - to sign things themselves and chuck it through a letterbox, or just leave it with a neighbour. The amount of times I’ve had an Amazon notification that the item has been handed to me, and even has my name as the recipient, but it went to main reception instead of my workshop on-site. Other businesses on-site have come to me as well, as their notifications state it was signed for by ‘Pip’, when I’ll always send the courier to reception if there’s no answer at the relevant unit.
Sounds like a lazy postman… If they have a scan of the signature that’ll give it away, and then it’s a claim through RM!

user profile
Seller_uKu3ay3KR3v2H

Just keep it short and sweet with Royal Mail delivery confirmation. Don’t mention address confirmation, investigations etc which only puts ideas into their heads. If they turn difficult, advise them to go through the official Amazon channel of a none receipt claim which 99% will not act on, in the rare case they do, the claim is automatically declined due to delivery confirmation.

user profile
Seller_95YyNyoS06fVn

Good Afternoon,

We had something similar to this and we actually got the police involved. The order was signed for. The Customer said the order needed to go to the Far East and gave another address after the delivery was completed. They then opened an A TO Z. The police put us on to the Action Fraud Prevention team who took all the details and we were issued with a crime number. When we attached the fraud number to the A TO Z appeal the case was closed in our favour. The police advised that with the crime number no refund could be given to the customer. We noted this on the case also. Not sure if this will be of help but it saved us the guts of £500 with a scammer. If it helps here are the details for Action Fraud - 0300 123 2050

user profile
Seller_j0crb70EojY3j

Tell the buyer to check with everyone in the house etc and open an investigation with Royal Mail. Unfortunately the buyer is probably not telling the truth - I get a false claim every day.

user profile
Seller_ANQHLJisIvsbi

I had the same as you some time ago
I wrote the customer a polite letter stating that I will resend the order next day
in the mean time I was going to write to the royal mail and ask them to start an investigation and because of the seriousness of this the police may be investigating this as well
so if you contacted can you assist both the royal mail investigation unit and police

guess what got a nice message back that day stating the item had indeed been signed for

it may help

user profile
Seller_TyVE1SPEF5vHF

Ask your customer to file an A to Z and let Amazon deal with them.
I have one from Germany delivered on the 8th Dec fully tracked and a signature, he claimed a non delivery last week nearly 2 months after it was delivered !!, Amazon will not help the buyer.

If the buyer is scamming you Amazon will log this against their account, get that A to Z filed.

user profile
Seller_NoLYurmb006tq

You can get the signed image from the RM tracking, if you send this to the customer and state it shows it was delivered and signed for politely asking to check no family member has signed and ask the customer to get back to you.
If they get back to you and say no contact Amazon SS via live chat for and “request advise” this will be logged against your account that you have requested support in refrence to the order number so if they file a claim you have a stronger chance of winning.

user profile
Seller_bhSWqoVh7Pn98

Phone Royal Mail. Ask them to check GPS tracking, it shows where the postman/woman delivered when the terminal had the signaure.

If GPS at the Buyers address, check if flats, if not it is correct to about 1 metre, therefore only going to be at the Buyers address or immediate neighbour.

Sometimes though GPS says it is elsewhere, so then you know where the parcel is.

Eg confused Postie:

Buyer: 10 Garden Court, 25 High Street (which may be flats above or next to shops).

Delivered in error to: 25 High Street (which may be a shop).

Worth asking, but RM only hold GPS records for a short time

user profile
Seller_X8qCI68Wb4N60

I had the same problem and I have pictures from the delivery company and parcel was signed for and also gps showed was delivered and also email from
Delivery company stated was delivered and amazon !!! Still refunded the cusomter and they won the A-Z

How can this be when you have all that and pictures to show it was left with them… and we still lost the claim!

This is happening more and more , people know if you stick it out you will get a refund no matter what! Us as a seller have no chance now days…

What is the point of sending out parcel tracked and signed for when you still don’t have a leg to stand on with amazon …

Go to original post