user profile
Sign in
user profile

Customer requesting £10 shipping refund for 80g item

by Seller_G7x6UQqnrm1yO

SO like everyone else at the moment, I’m having to refund customer orders due the RM strikes. But I’ve had a request from a customer asking for a £10 shipping refund for a large letter weighing 80g. it’s been 9 days since they sent it and A. I haven’t even received it and B) it shouldn’t have cost more than £2.85. They’ve not sent me any proof of postage or tracking number. I’ve opened a caselog to see what amazon say. DO I have to refund this??

This is probably the last nail in the coffin for me. As if the strikes are damaging my business enough, the customers are now trying to profit from us for shipping?? I’ll stick to Etsy next year, I’ve deactivated my amazon listings now.

Tags: Customer, Refunds
22 replies
22 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_7VbclcPFFRTnc
In reply to: Seller_G7x6UQqnrm1yO’s post

Did amazon not provided a prepaid returns label ?

user profile
Seller_Gq0aGvAqLaCsZ

I was also under the impression that a ‘personalised or bespoke’ product is exempt from change of mind (not that Amazon follows the law of course’

user profile
Seller_3yhYGU61cigbH

Somewhere in amazons’ policies it says that you don’t have to refund the full amount of shipping if the customer has used a more expensive method than would normally be acceptable.

user profile
Seller_HoDUIzwpPSkfC

Did the customer ask for £10, or did it show it when you went to refund the item ? We had a couple a few months back where it showed £10 when you went to refund it via the returns panel, but didn’t show it when you went to the order from the orders page and then went to refund. Obviously we refunded via the latter method.

user profile
Seller_ODwW59X0uBruJ

I agree with the not refunding until you get the item back. But i as a business would then also ask the buyer for the shipping receipt as this can go through your business accounts as a cost. This would also show you exactly how much they paid for shipping, if they did indeed buy shipping.

user profile
Seller_xUKHc5xSYJmI4

All returns should go through the prepaid returns process. The buyer knows all they need to do select return from the order history.

user profile
Seller_u4SFdJKMStDfU

I’ve had this recently. Amazon policy on this states “Sellers are only required to refund standard postage charges corresponding to the least expensive type of delivery offered by them”. So if your shipping costs are normally £3 then you should only be refunding £3.

user profile
Seller_BXSlplchUW8I5

I had the case about a month ago - a customer returning a product with £26 shipping fees. I then realised then were based abroad (France) and so were paying the shipping fee France to UK.

Maybe your customer is based abroad?

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post