user profile
Sign in
user profile

Estimate fees nowhere near actual fees

by Seller_RaEXqB7ffOxS3

I just sold two books for £15 each. In the estimates for each item it said the fees would be £6.26 each. That’s a total of £12.52 when the actual fees came to £23.23. I’m aware that those are estimate figures but there is big difference of £10.71 between them. I based my profit off these estimates. How I’m I meant to make a profit and also be competitive with other sellers prices at the same time when the fees are so high and nowhere near the estimates that Amazon has calculated? I was only left with £6.77 so I actually lost money instead of making a profit. If I increase my prices I will no longer be competitive with the prices of other sellers for the same item. I’ve tried contacting seller support but I can’t seem to get them to understand so far. Is anyone else having this problem?

Tags: Fees, Pricing
42 replies
42 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_7VbclcPFFRTnc
In reply to: Seller_RaEXqB7ffOxS3’s post

You need to account for VAT on those fees as well as the closing fee on books thats on top of their referral fee

user profile
Seller_f5cnodyVjLD4S

Hi.
You will find that your European FBA sales will have increased fees when being fulfilled from a different country outside of the local marketplace. (EFN rates)

user profile
Seller_BS5lg2keRs2QO

There must be something else at play other than VAT since even adding the fees together that you quoted in your later post they don’t come close to £23. Was this an international order?

user profile
Seller_NoMNQDGnEW5Bx

The fba fees are for all of that statement period not the two sales so will include Storage fees etc depending how long your period is

user profile
Seller_RaEXqB7ffOxS3

I have 5 books in storage at the minute sequin and the commission fees id imagine us among the amazon fees of £15.02 Ninja.

user profile
Seller_RaEXqB7ffOxS3

The time period is for the 12 days we are already in October. I presume it will continue for the month.

user profile
Seller_8fVWTZLgnIbOp

did you sell outside your own country? Then the estimate is wrong and you need to look into the FBA shipping cost table- its much higher. VAT should not be much of an issue with books.
If you can compete with Amazon, thats a good question and challenge

user profile
Seller_khqDzhyCsMDkP

i feel you… luckily i don’t much sales… i just started back to sell 1 month ago after stopped for 1 & 1/2 year. … i almost fainted & my item was 5 times your price…fees wasn’t that much last time…

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post