user profile
Sign in
user profile

Getting a single (customer damaged and returned) item back to UK from Italy FBA

by Seller_QCw1TUKU03aIV

Hi

I am hoping someone can help me relocate a customer damaged and returned item that was sold from FBA UK as Pan-European FBA to an Italian customer end October, and then returned as customer damaged within a day or so of extended Xmas/COVID deadlines in February.

As It was customer damaged, it now sits in an Italian depot, requiring me to create a removal order or dispose. As it was a £150 item with more than double that in profit, I don’t want to give up but anticipate there might be some prohibitive costs, if I only can work out how to do it to make that call!

Seller help (!) have told me I have to relocate locally in Italy using one of their preferred providers who can then transfer back to me. Only challenge is that the ones I have contacted from their roster don’t deal in single units for a small scale supplier who has currently no Euro plans, rather they do bulk returns for larger scale sellers.

I stopped all my European listings in December ahead of Brexit but didn’t anticipate I could be tied up by a sale from the end of October haunting me in February post Brexit!

Would be grateful for any advice or referrals anyone can give me to solve this by getting it back to UK for assessment, or disposal of costs add up too much! Thanks in advance

Tags: Customer
8 replies
8 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_64jziShTiTjOq
In reply to: Seller_QCw1TUKU03aIV’s post

How can you possibly make £300+ profit on an item selling for £150?

user profile
Seller_6fydnvOwuH7PO

I would probably use a “regular” international parcel forwarder like mailboxde or mygermany (they generally target buyers but should work fine for FBA removals too).

user profile
Seller_NoLYurmb006tq

If you do it the way the person above mentioned be aware you cant claim any vat back in the item so the cost they will charge you including import fees can only be processed as a gross amount and not vat on a uk return

user profile
Seller_QCw1TUKU03aIV

Thank you both for your responses. Following your prompts I found two companies that could help and have asked one to receive and then send the product. Once successfully received, I will post on here for future reference. Thanks again

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post