user profile
Sign in
user profile

How to identify an ungateable Product that requires Brand approval?

by Seller_tFxZVdz9SRuay

Hey guys, Just a little confused, I am trying to sell Aftershaves which I purchased, I was under the assumption that if I provide legitimate invoices I am able to get ungated and sell? but upon trying with this particular aftershave, my approval request was declined almost instantly. Which leads me to believe I must need a letter of approval from the Aftershave brand itself? I just wanted to know how I go about seeing if a product requires Brand permission in future? Thanks for any advice and help guys.

Tags: Missing
8 replies
8 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_esvgLzKXw2YAl
In reply to: Seller_tFxZVdz9SRuay’s post

A lot depends on your history with Amazon as well as the invoices.
To put it in perspective, I’ve been selling on here now for about 7 years. Whenever I need to request permission to sell something, it’s virtually always automatically granted.

So as a new seller, with virtually no history, it’s considerably harder for you to sell certain things/brands.
If it was declined and they asked for nothing else, then no matter what letters etc you get, they won’t allow you to sell it.

As a general rule of thumb, I would suggest that you stay away from major brands on perfumes etc, or indeed anything that it “personal” related. Other categories that are hard to get into as a new seller, are things like toys and games etc.

So if you bought stock and have been refused, you will need to sell them elsewhere.

user profile
Seller_DROodOAYHftnc
In reply to: Seller_tFxZVdz9SRuay’s post

Where did you buy them from ?

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post