user profile
Sign in
user profile

I have just had the funniest return request ever the item is wet ... IT'S RAINING

by Seller_Z6wySw1ecrzSB

I sold an item to a customer . The customer contacted me to say it had arrived wet . I apologized on behalf of the Royal Mail for the wet delivery , The customer wants to return the item as it’s wet , however stating no damage to envelope etc … I thought here we go another scammer . I excepted all their demands . The next thing Amazon ban me from selling the CD title as , oh the comedy moment " We removed some of your listings because of customer complaints about items listed at the end of this email. Customers may be complaining because the items they received did not accurately match the condition or description of the product mentioned in the product detail page of your listings. " It was delivered in a bloody storm it got wet , what planet are Amazon on ! I can’t be held responsible for the weather !

Tags: Customer
56 replies
56 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_BuNMsd0so0Amp
In reply to: Seller_Z6wySw1ecrzSB’s post

Mars - where it does not rain.

user profile
Seller_7I19cO8IipzQL

You will need to write a POA explaining the root cause of the problem and the procedures you are going to put into place to ensure that it never rains again when an item is being delivered.

user profile
Seller_lljyzgTxr5fgI

Unfortunately, you are responsible. It is your responsibility to get the item to the customer in the condition it was stated as being offered for sale. Yes, it was delivered in a storm and it got wet and you are not responsible for the weather. However, had it been in a plastic mailer for example, it wouldn’t have got wet so Amazon take the view that if you’d packed it differently, the outcome would have been different. Much as I understand and sympathise, I am just stating the obvious.

user profile
Seller_f5cnodyVjLD4S

Some bubble wrap, plastic mailers, sorted

user profile
Seller_OPIGLOYfyTIdQ

You know in Amazon you are responsive for the weather.

user profile
Seller_xUKHc5xSYJmI4

We change some of our packaging methods to cover weather conditions such as covering the small boxes with grey mail bag or extra bubble wrap where the product is fragile. In the 9 years of trading I cannot recall ever had a packaging complaint. Also we buy the correct size boxes to ensure there is no excessive and over packaging. To reduce packaging costs and do our bit for the environment we recycle most packaging.

user profile
Seller_0GZsb8cMcbGcy

i think it is just something going around at the moment i have had 3 items removed for being used and not new because of 2 customers though how this can be the case when they are in sealed packets i don’t know and sorting it out what a joke you sell 100’s of a product then 1 complaint get your listing removed where is the common sense surely amazon can see how many you have sold with no problems.

Oh that’s right i can open the sealed packets to check the items are all good then send them opened
i am sure that they won’t report me for selling used items they will just think how look it as been quality inspected for us what nice people they are yer right these last 3 months have been the worst i have had for customers complaining or should i say basically lying to try and get a freebie and the support from amazon forget it.
gone completely down hill compared to when i started selling on here about 9 years ago

user profile
Seller_uPnpcSoOhY0yL

Welcome to selling on Amazon. We sell food supplements and we’ve had customers that have peeled off our protective seal and then decides to return the product. Gets a full refund and that item becomes unfulfillable and we’ve to bare the cost.

user profile
Seller_OnnKvSWHgddMt

hi I just ordered cat toy .Usually they are in amazon brown outer box but this was a thin cardboard box left on my doorstep in heavy rain

user profile
Seller_C1SkC4KxmyscM

I’m so sorry that happened to you, I am sure if you contacted Amazon about this they would have to see your side of it. Let us know how it goes.

Go to original post