user profile
Sign in
user profile

Incorrect Variation - Policy Violation Warning

by Seller_4AXyE7TOXAaqY

We’ve received a violation report stating that a violation among our variation has been detected.

For context, our products are divided into variations that are categorized according to either their size or color.

The first violation sent prompted us to check our variations and there was a SKU which isn’t in it’s proper group.

After talks with Amazon Support, it was found that a department called Amazon Retail was a contributing factor to the transfer of a SKU to another variation which lead to improper variations.

We fixed everything and had everything in the proper variations. However when we appealed discussed that we were not the ones who moved stuff around but we fixed things to Amazons standards, Amazon kept on declining our appeal and still keeps it as a violation.

How can we fix this?

Tags: SKU
10 replies
10 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_VJ4XoAkjDpjPH
In reply to: Seller_4AXyE7TOXAaqY’s post

Hello @Atherton_Home_Drinkw ,

This is Abella and would help with your questions.

From the post above, I understand that you have concerns on your listings as your ASIN got removed due to listing violations - Incorrect variations.

Variations are sets of products that are related to one another. Good variation relationship listings allow buyers to compare and choose products based on different attributes such as size, colour or other characteristics from the available options on a single product detail page. For more information, refer to Variation Relationships Overview.

Also you can’t add a brand name under the generic item.

Please click here to learn more on ASIN creation policy

To reactivate your listing, kindly submit more detailed Plan of action.

• Acknowledgement of violations
  • Root cause analysis/identification
  • Corrective actions taken immediately to resolve the issue
  • Proactive steps that will be taken to maintain compliance

You can use the following guidelines to create your plan of action:

**Be clear and concise. ** Your plan of action should be factual and direct. Focus on the facts and events that led to the issue.

If you have further questions, please keep us posted. The forums community and I, are here to assist you with your concerns.

Regards,
Abella.

user profile
Seller_tz74iYhHLULoK

Personally, I would just ignore it - we also have them from time to time and it’s always an issue with Amazon, not ourselves. We have tried to provide the information that they ask for, but within a few minutes you receive the automated reply that the appeal has been rejected.

In our case, we own the products and the variations we create are legitimate and within TOS.

Until Amazon start to monitor these violations with humans and actually listen to what is being told to them, you will just go round and round in circles and waste your time.

user profile
Seller_D5KYdlo8xU3Pz

This is interesting. I have the same problem. Amazon says that we have inconsistent child variations and they removed 2 child listings. I checked the Parent Product and it has different colours and sizes of the parent product and I cannot find any trace of the child variations they removed in my account. Perhaps they don’t belong us.

I appealed and asked for clarification but 2 seconds later it was rejected. i don’t think they read my email. They sent an automated response.

user profile
Seller_D5KYdlo8xU3Pz

They reply with the same automated email to my second email as well.

How can I resolve this issue ? Do I need to phone somebody? But will they be able to help ?
It is so frustrating and time consuming.

user profile
Seller_tz74iYhHLULoK

We still have the same issue. We have a parent product that we manufacture of a 6-set pack. We want to add a 4-pack set and a replacement parts for the 6 and 4 packs. We did this and received the violation, twice. Every appeal comes back as an automated response and is in no way helpful.

I have since learned that customers would need to buy our product (original 6 pack) and then when they need a replacement part, instead of going back to the original listing and adding it on, they would have to search and find the listings for it.

Go Amazon! Makes complete sense to me.

user profile
Seller_tz74iYhHLULoK

I still think it’s utterly ridiculous and counter-intuitive to be honest.

The 6 pack contains A, B, C, D, E and F
The 4 pack contains A. B, C, and D
The 4 pack replacement contains D, D, D and D

It is the most logical set up for this type of product and we are the manufacture. I cannot understand why we would even want to sell the replacement packs in another listing because they are essentially the same as the original packs and you wouldn’t likely purchase them by having to search.

It would also likely evoke customer negative feedback “I bought this 6 pack and wanted to buy the replacement packs too, but they don’t sell them” etc etc.

The only logical way I can get around it is to create an infographic pointing the customer to a separate listing. Madness if you ask me, especially considering on our own website we regularly sell the 6 pack, with a few extra replacement packs as the upsell in the same product page.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post