user profile
Sign in
user profile

Is it ok to login to my seller account from a different location?

by Seller_Xo4Z606J15V4I

Hello, I have a quick question.

I am going on a weeks holiday, staying in the UK still and may need to access my Amazon seller account. I will turn on the holiday mode but of course Amazon expect you to answer questions from buyers, which is fair enough as it’s their rules not mine.

I will be taking my laptop which is what I use to access my seller account from the office/studio. Is it safe to login from a different IP though? I am sure I’ve read somewhere before that Amazon will dish out suspensions or account closures because the seller used a different IP to login! Is that true?

Tags: Holiday, International expansion
8 replies
8 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_z6B2L9xab6HlP
In reply to: Seller_Xo4Z606J15V4I’s post

It will generally be fine.

There have been some sellers reporting suspensions based on IP address, but those cases seem to be where there is a genuine/likely link between two sellers. I haven’t heard of any cases of suspensions only for logging in from a different IP.

user profile
Seller_Gyxl3CWGjSd3N

I would say no, no and no again. I certainly never risk accessing the account if i am anywhere else.

user profile
Seller_2BrPSydGy6oyq

I have done this over past years, on holiday etc., without problems, I think it helps if using the same laptop, rather than one not normally used by yourself.

user profile
Jessica_Amazon_

Hi,

Thanks for your post.

There are many reasons as to why accounts would be suspended/blocked but the decision will not be made on a sole factor.

Many sellers access their accounts while they are on holidays such as @The_Pink_Panther.

Enjoy your holiday!
Jessica

user profile
Seller_fMsCVAHNu4txH

I’ve logged in from many different holiday locations, without issue.
However you need to be confident that the network you’re connecting via is secure (e.g. mobile data on your phone, not hotel WiFi).
And (more importantly) make sure that you have 2FA enabled on your account first.

Edit: Note… your IP address will change regularly even on your home broadband

user profile
Seller_vMsxjZPrdu6uI

your IP address will change regularly even on your home broadband.

Just to support the above views, your IP address will change each time you switch your router on and off, or it loses power for instance. In any case, the data is likely to be encrypted and not looked. There would be so many variables to a different IP address that it would not be a reliable indication of having another account on its own.

user profile
Seller_amUAzjvL5uIzu

Just use the phone app.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post