user profile
Sign in
user profile

Potential High Pricing Error

by Seller_SZZ7kF2J6dFba

Hi,

Could someone help me please. I’ve received an email twice from Amazon saying they are deactivating a listing due to its price. I received this…

Dear Seller,

We have detected potential pricing errors in your Amazon product listings. We have deactivated the listings at the bottom of this message to prevent a negative customer experience.

For more information on deactivated listing and to fix pricing errors, visit Fix Price Alerts page in Seller Central. These will have all inactive offers due to a pricing error for a seller.

In order to reactivate your listings, consider the following:

1. Visit the Fix Price Alerts page by clicking on the link above.
  2. You can also go to Fix Price Alerts section in your Seller Central account. Select Pricing and then select Fix Price Alerts from the drop-down menu.
  3. Update your offer price to a reasonable price that is in accordance with Amazon’s Marketplace Fair Price Policies.
  4. You can also consider the Match Low Price, suggested Lower Price, or Buy Box Price.
  5. Please keep in mind the Amazon fees while setting a price to avoid pricing errors related to extremely low prices or to prevent selling items at a loss.
  6. You cannot list the items at a price in excess of 210.000 GBP except for collectibles.

If you have questions or need help, click the “Get support” link at the bottom of Seller Central.

Regards,

Amazon Services Europe

The price is correct and it is NOT a ‘potential high pricing error’. I sell a large amount of this product. If it was overpriced people would not buy it. If I reduced the price I wouldn’t be able to make a profit on it. What can I do?

Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks,
Paul

Tags: Buy Box, Fees, Listings, Pricing
48 replies
48 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_lljyzgTxr5fgI
In reply to: Seller_SZZ7kF2J6dFba’s post
This post has been deleted
user profile
Seller_OUpYgolvKmwAO

On may listings, but whenever I select to refresh the listing it just comes back with the same thing… seller support just send back the same message each time

What’s annoying me is my price is less than the only other supplier on one listing and they are still listed, on another I am the only seller

So infuriating

Tried to have a phone conversation…but they are not offering callbacks and the chat system is not in operation …so the only way is the email when you get a standard message back

user profile
Seller_SFn2k8gXXx5Co

We have a product that was flagged as “Potential high pricing error” in the last week. We haven’t adjusted the price in over 12 months. After many attempts of adjusting the price and receiving the same warning plus many emails to support (receiving the same stock answer) we copied the ASIN and decided to place 1 at a low price and 1 at a higher price to see what price the Amazon system would accept (and if we would accept the answer). The end result was £33 was flagged as “Potential high pricing error” and £32.99 was flagged as “Potential low pricing error”

We email support but received the same stock answer. We have emailed seller-performance many time but with no response.

I beginning to believe that due to the pandemics effect on Amazon staff most responses are from bots

user profile
Seller_skKjD1EelqjA7

I have started getting this loads in the last few days. Never had one before in 8 years!
I think Amazon are introducing a new algorithm to combat price gouging during this pandemic.
However, it’s not working, as honest sellers are getting caught up in it.
My products I need to adjust the price here and there when the raw material to make them goes up or down.
I’m increase the price by £1 which is fair and we have done for years and getting the pricing error and product inactive.
Crazy. I spoke to seller support and they just said it was automatic. I swear the person on the phone sounded like they were in Africa on a farm!
What the hell are Amazon doing??
Two good things about Amazon

1. They have a lot of web traffic
  2. They ship your product
    Everything else about them is horrible. I swear they’ve taken years off my life.
    I wish there was another big “everything store” online to rival them, maybe they’d put more effort into customer care, and by customer, I mean sellers.
    No question we’ve helped them grow to the size they are now, they couldn’t care less.
user profile
Seller_skKjD1EelqjA7

One of our top-selling products was offline all last night, losing sales rank, and the price was the same as it has been selling the past few weeks, the only way I could get it back as active was to lower the price by £1 which means our margins are squeezed. It’s already £5 below the Recommend Retail Price.
This has to be illegal, Amazon are acting like gangsters, they can’t dictate your price if you are already selling below the RRP. They virtually have a gun to your head DICTATING to you the price of your products, when they have no idea of your costs.
Pricing has always been integral to Amazon, the price regularly needs to be adjusted up and down within reason in response to competitor pricing and manufacturing costs.
What can be done about this?

user profile
Seller_Gyxl3CWGjSd3N

This is now at the point of bordering on the ridiculous as i have just had another raft of my sku’s deactivated because of pricing errors that are not and have never been errors before and the prices have never changed in the last 6 months. What do Amazon want us to do? Sell everything for 1p??? At what point do they fix this?

user profile
Seller_skKjD1EelqjA7

Also, the sale price does not seem to be working. This has always worked previously.
The RRP for this product is £39.99. However, it’s new and we need to generate interest so we’ve had a sale price of £18.99, more than 50% off the RRP. I’ve tried to reset the sale date from today to the end of the month, hours ago, but it’s just not working. It’s not showing on the Manage Inventory page, only the £39.99 price is showing.
As long as you don’t go over the RRP, any price you set should be fine, right?
The only issue is, price gougers could set an unrealistic RRP price themselves, for example; setting an RRP of £39.99 for a £4.99 face mask, or hand sanitiser.
Our products have nothing to do with coronavirus. Maybe they could have tighter restrictions on specific coronavirus products?
They need to do something, as currently their website is broken.

user profile
Seller_65vP23fbOUKlY
This post has been deleted
user profile
Seller_65vP23fbOUKlY

Have to say, that support has got so bad over the past year but now topped with coders in the back office coming up with new automated programs that just do not work coupled with support that do not have a clue about the system, blindly following the crib sheet and just send out the same copy and pasted template answers - mine was even someone elses, they did not even bother to change the asin/Sku before they pasted in. I have asked them a direct question, but they just ignore and send the same old template.
At the moment, on our inventory, they are blocking anything that has anitibacterial or disinfectant in the title/text. They have even blocked our bamboo bathrobes which the price has been the same since they were first launched (bamboo, naturally antibacterial). Not sure if any of you guys have noticed a common denominator in the products blocked?
Personally, I think this is an excise to allow their preferred brands to succeed by simply closing anything else that might compete while the Covid-19 is going on. Amazon are not interested in sellers these day as they have so many now.

user profile
Seller_PrU01iqr9OZJa

I’m experiencing the same issue and have raised many cases having followed all the steps so many times & combinations, the fix price alerts is in my view not working. I’ve even deleted and relisted, and still the same problem.

All I get back from Amazon is the same auto response, referring to fair pricing policy.
So frustrating as I am the only seller of the ASIN. I am in fact the owner of the product and it is up to my company to set the prices. We had good sales, but then Amazon deactivated, somehow after a week, I managed to get the ASIN activated (goodness knows how) and again we received lots of orders for 4 days, and then BAM we hit the same problem.

I think there is a technical issue, but Amazon will not investigate.

Can anyone in this forum link offer any advice? Has anyone had any success in getting a deactivated listing activated permanently?

Go to original post