user profile
Sign in
user profile

Product review department

by Seller_U7E47r8lMqZBk

Hey I’m after some urgent help?

Has anyone had the situation whereby a customer has claimed that the product they have purchased from you is fake?
This is absolutely not the case, and I’ve sent a report to the product review team to include invoices and photos etc. I have not had a response from them, so foolishly thought I’d ask Seller support for an update. Only to be told, that despite being able to prove my stock is genuine, having sold this item for 5 years, and being a 5 star seller, and having stock of this in the FBA warehouse, I can no longer list it sell this item ever! Wtf?

It then led me to check an item on which I had had a similar problem earlier last year, and YEP you guessed it, this item has also been blocked and when I’ve queried it with Seller support I’ve been told the same thing, BUT on this one I had a reply from the product review team to say my product was fine.

Why do Amazon automatically vilify its sellers without whom they wouldn’t have a business?

Why don’t they ask the customer on what basis they are alleging my products are counterfeit… BECAUSE THEY’RE NOT!

Tags: Customer, Product reviews
17 replies
17 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_t4qiTnhVAnRmT
In reply to: Seller_U7E47r8lMqZBk’s post

This is who Amazon is now,
The best advice for sellers is do not bet your mortgage on an Amazon selling account, it is a terrible gamble and the false hope created of high turnover, decent margin, leading to spending and enjoying the fruits of your labour, can very suddenly come down crashing around you and VERY scarily quickly.
I am sorry to hear you are going through this

user profile
Seller_DTrNv5POp8UZl

I concur s5s. amazon are now just a machine… I was selling massage oils FBA happily for 5 yrs, Amazon had been fine with exemption sheets then 1 day changed that to wanting SDS sheets, no warning, no “from this date” email… nothing and wouldnt send my stock back it was SDS sheet or destroy £100s of stock… I realised very quickly amazon held my business in their hands so “eggs in 1 basket” and all that just had to accept it and pull all my remaining stock back costing more, before they destroyed more but it certainly makes you realise how vulnerable you are…
…honestly you will get a better result banging your head against the wall, at least you’ll leave a dent… Amazon just dont reply, justify or care anymore, it’s all about their bottom line, then laughingly theyll ask a poll survey of whether sellers think amazon are looking out for them… dont make me laugh​:rofl: at one time you could at least talk to someone and theyd action or explain… now you’ll get bot responded email and a dead end from SS who just say theyll pass it on, then the same bot response comes back 3 days later… and dont think emailing the MD or jeff@amazon.com makes any difference, they only reply to very short emails (I sent one re my hazmat issue, they didnt reply, I sent it again but shorter, no reply, so sent it again about 1 asin and they replied…(I waited 2wks each time) so if that’s customer service it stinks… Yes its disgusting that a buyer / competitor can buy your item, say it’s fake and its removed but amazon would rather do that than invest in staff to actually look into it, I mean that would cost money for amazon so just blocking it is more cost effective … it’s all about the £$£$£$

user profile
Seller_U7E47r8lMqZBk

Hi,
Thanks for your advice, Ive used this supplier for years, but I do get what you are saying.
I’ll totally reword the appeal again and make it much shorter.

Thanks

user profile
Seller_U7E47r8lMqZBk

Thank you,
I’ll redo it again, and take note of all you’ve said.
Wouldn’t it be nice is seller support actually “supported” us?

user profile
Seller_U7E47r8lMqZBk

Hi,
So I’ve taken all your advice, thinned my appeal down, as below, and received this today?

Hello, You still have not provided sufficient information to reactivate your account. We may not reply to further emails about this issue. For privacy reasons, we do not provide details about our investigation methods. You can see your balance and settlement information in the Payments section of Seller Central. If you have questions about those, please write to payments-investigate@amazon.co.uk.

6th April 2020 Appeal Version 12

1) Copies of invoices or receipts from your supplier issued in the last 365 days for the ASIN

I have provided invoices but apparently, they are not acceptable to you. I can do little about that. I have attached despatch notes which show supplier and my address.

One of your colleagues suggested I give you a copy of a bank statement, my goods are paid for on my credit card statement, copy attached.

My supplier is listed as xxx I can provide many more credit card statements if required.

I purchase my goods in sets, this is NOT AGAINST the LAW. I understand that you do not like this. I will stop doing this with immediate effect and source new suppliers. But will not purchase anything until I know my account is going to be reinstated.

I will cease to use xxx with immediate effect.

The invoices that you won’t accept are dated June 2019 so well within your required time frame.

xxxI was stocking up ready for the Christmas markets so purchased more stock than usual.

The invoice that you won’t accept is dated September 2019 so is well within your required time frame.

These documents should reflect your sales volume during the last 365 days.

I sold 25 xxxin less than a month.

I am going to delete this listing and dispose of the stock. I will not sell this range at all until I can find a different supplier.

xxx not sold great, but hey ho! I am going to delete this listing and not stock xxx products at all in the future.

Please include contact information for your supplier, including name, phone number, address, and website. We will maintain the confidentiality of your supplier contact information.

I have sent info. On xxx Don’t bother reading it, I’m not going to use them in the future.

2) A plan of action that explains:
The root cause(s) that caused led to the complaints about the authenticity of your items.

Packaging needs attention.

I’m disabled. Work from home.

Which is why I use your FBA Service.

I was poorly last year, neighbour helped, packed these up, obviously not very well. Will not use said neighbour again.

xxx DOES NOT COME IN A BOX , item is small (size of a pen), so wrapped in plastic, label sellotaped to it, might look scruffy. Will not sell this brand or this item anymore. End of problem. If packaging small items like this will source new different packaging.

Product is a small tube does not have a bar code. Lip gloss without boxes DO NOT HAVE BARCODES. They are too small. Not just this one ALL OF THEM!

But that does not mean they are fake.

xxxcame without a box. I get that you don’t like this.

Will not purchase this product from xxx in future. Will not purchase this product unless it comes boxed and clearly barcoded in future.

WILL NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING WHATSOEVER FROM xxx IN FUTURE.

The actions you have taken to resolve the complaints about the authenticity of your items.

Already said not purchasing from xxx ever again.

NOT purchasing xxx unless they come barcoded and boxed.

Not purchasing xxx

Discontinue selling the brand xxx totally.

Will look to stock other cosmetic brands from new suppliers, will continue to make detailed checks of everything to attempt to prevent issues similar to this happening in the future. But cannot prevent customers telling lies.

Furthermore, all stocks of these two ASIN’s will be recalled as soon as my account is re-activated, the listings deleted, and the products DESTROYED.

I have no concerns about the item being counterfeit because it’s not.

Going forward, keep 1 item of each line, test and check everything for authenticity and quality.

I have no issues with my supplier, or I would not have used them for 6 years! But as you have insisted, I will cease to use them with immediate effect.

I appreciate customers first impressions are very important, and xxx aim is to be professional at all times.

The steps you have taken to prevent future complaints about the authenticity of your items.

All listings will be reviews.

Images updated, verified and checked.

Wording checked to align 100% with listings.

If no box. It will be clearly marked.

Continue from there with monthly checks.

Recall items not selling and review quality, packaging, sell by date, listing etc. and either destroy or repackage and return.

Listing: Is the product accurately described on Amazon? Have you ensured that there is no ambiguity and the customer is well informed?

As already mentioned, I intend to do a full audit.

I do regularly check my listings. But full check will be done. See above.

My business is cosmetics.

Source new suppliers.

No splitting of sets.

Ensure listings are 100% correct.

Images will be updated.

Packaging: Is the product in its original packaging as listed on Amazon?

Packaging is an issue.

Boxes and barcodes are an issue.

Cannot purchase and split sets.

Already looking at new suppliers.

Not prepared to purchase anything until I know my account is going to be re-instated.

What else can I do??

user profile
Seller_U7E47r8lMqZBk

HI,
Thanks for the advice, but where I have put the will do, its referring to updating listings and things, I cannot currently access my listings as they have suspended my account, so cannot actually do it, or I would.
I get your point about calling a customer a liar, but this is all because a customer has claimed that my product is fake, when it isnt, so if that isnt lies, what is it?

user profile
Seller_U7E47r8lMqZBk

Fair comment, thanks.
Ive amended my appeal, what do you think?

1) Copies of invoices or receipts from your supplier issued in the last 365 days for the ASIN

Invoices provided. Unaccepted by ASP.

Despatch notes provided.

Screenshots showing orders provided.

Credit Card statement provided. More available if required.

I purchase goods in sets, Its NOT AGAINST the LAW. I understand that you do not like this. I will not do it again. I will source new suppliers.

I will not use xxx with immediate effect.

The invoices are dated June 2019 for xxx and September 2019 for xxx.

These documents should reflect your sales volume during the last 365 days.

25 quantity of xxx sold.

Will delete and dispose of all stock.

3 quantity of xxx sold.

Will delete and dispose of all stock.

Please include contact information for your supplier, including name, phone number, address, and website. We will maintain the confidentiality of your supplier contact information.

2) A plan of action that explains:
The root cause(s) that caused led to the complaints about the authenticity of your items.

Packaging needs attention – on it.

Labelling needs attention – on it.

Images on listings needs attention – on it.

I’m disabled. Work from home.

I use your FBA Service.

I was poorly last year, neighbour helped, packed these up, badly. My responsibility. My fault. Will not use said neighbour again – full responsibility taken.

xxx DOES NOT COME IN A BOX , packaging not up to standard expected will rectify. Stock will be recalled and destroyed.

New packaging solution in place see attached.

xxx does not have a bar code.

Will not purchase these again.

Stock will be recalled and destroyed.

xxx ](http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/xxx?ref=myi_title_dp)unboxed. Not acceptable to ASP.

Will not purchase this item again.

Stock to be recalled and destroyed.

WILL NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING WHATSOEVER FROM xxx

The actions you have taken to resolve the complaints about the authenticity of your items.

Source New Supplier

Not use existing supplier again.

Ensure products boxed & barcoded.

No gift sets unless sold intact.

Discontinue selling the brand xxx totally.

Going forward, keep 1 item of each line, test and check for authenticity & quality.

The steps you have taken to prevent future complaints about the authenticity of your items.

All listings will be reviewed.

Images updated, verified and checked.

All sell-by dates verified.

Wording checked to align 100% with listings.

If no box. It will be clearly marked.

Continue from there with monthly checks.

Recall, review, re-package, all stock.

Listing: Is the product accurately described on Amazon? Have you ensured that there is no ambiguity and the customer is well informed?

Full stock audit.

Source new suppliers.

No splitting of sets.

Check listings are 100% correct.

Images will be updated.

Packaging: Is the product in its original packaging as listed on Amazon?

Source new Packaging see attached.

Recall & re-package existing stock

Boxes and barcodes essential

Will not purchase and split sets.

Source new suppliers.

user profile
Seller_U7E47r8lMqZBk

Thats what they have told me I have to do in the various attempts Ive made to get my account reinstated. But Ive just been talking to them. and apparently when we receive this email its unlikely that the account will ever be be re-instated. so basically Im screwed and ive done absolutely nothing wrong

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post