user profile
Sign in
user profile

Royal Mail Click and Drop website flaws, adding 15% extra time on to my working day

by Seller_FIqb8VEb7UAcZ

Click and Drop offered faster posting times for my business and seems to be loved by some sellers, but for me its not that cut and dried.

On my account it remembers Coat at 1 kg then the next lightweight coat has the 1kg on too, so i have to check each order, changing lots of their ‘remembered’ weights. Maybe its my SKU set up on multiple sites.
Another bug bear is you have to hover over each title sold, to know what the item fully is, (why dont they just make the bar bigger in settings) Then if someone buys two items it keeps it secret in a drop down box so you have to remember weights and when something looks more expensive than before that’s the first time you know about it.
Lastly you cant change the print or manifest page to 100 items a day it reverts back to 50 each time.
Basic website complaints really, surely they could try harder.
I highlighted these issues to RM they say they are always looking into making things better… but hasnt this site been running for like 4 years already ! i cant be the first with issues.

Tags: SKU
44 replies
44 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_R8W4ooA3yVAgO
In reply to: Seller_FIqb8VEb7UAcZ’s post

Your only other option is to use an order management software.

I personally use Zenstores, but there are a few out there Linnworks, Shipstation etc.

It depends how much that 15% is worth, they are usually priced by how many orders you receive.

You then set up the Royal Mail account and your seller accounts on there and manage it all that way.

I found C&D impossible to use by itself for the amount of orders I do.

user profile
Seller_ftMMn0UeA4IQP

it will remember by product number, not item so its irrelevant which site it is on. You could sell the same item on 5 sites and have C&D remember each with a different weight if you wanted to. Click on ‘products’ on the dashboard and you can see them all and update them with the correct weight if you need to.

You can teach it new weights per item as you go if you check the ‘overwrite original data’ box at the bottom right hand corner of the screen when making a label.

Dont rely on C&D to deal with your sales, use the dashboards on your selling sites, sometimes things dont get pulled through to C&D very fast. This way you’ll also know when someone has bought 2 of something or multiple items, and wont have to worry about RM keeping secrets from you in little drop down boxes.

Change the manifest page to 100 batches before you manifest each day, it soon becomes second nature and is honestly nano seconds of extra work (and sometimes it is still on 100 from the last time!)

user profile
Seller_MKi6wqe68YZuu

C and D is not there for our benefit. It’s for RM’s.

All that extra data we give them is monetised, available for those who want to buy it.

In exchange, we get the illusion of improvement.

user profile
Seller_bdSdLjti4IugQ

The other day we went over our average weight by 1 gram… 1 whole gram cost us about £45

user profile
Seller_SFeXaR8FsnZ98

i dont think the weight really matters, just average weight dont be more than 2 kg and thats it

user profile
Seller_9I7hqPXrN3nxz

Also can’t duplicate orders from a customer who claims an item hasn’t arrived, have to create a new order and fill everything in from scratch.

user profile
Seller_L3E8iknKXqZNV

Plenty wrong with c and d. It doesnt like overseas characters for one thing. And if you need to re-ship something and have already paid for a label - you have to manually type in the name and address again. Silly - why not allow you to create a new order from existing customer details?

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post