user profile
Sign in
user profile

Royal Mail codes and the best choice for Amazon

by Seller_Umr58f4J4QHd0

I recently got a RM business account and I am a bit surprised to find out that I end up paying more?
I did the math for my manifest today and I end up paying 2.68£ for a large letter 24 signed( code CRL 24 + signature). When I was buying them through Amazon, they cost 2.45£.

I have the codes BPL and BPR(for signed) on my account as well but I was told to use the code CRL.
it is my understanding that BPR 1 is the normal 1st class signed for, available to everyone. Will that still cost 2.45£ and does RM add VAT to this price as well?

I am not VAT registered. Also it looks like CRL has no compensation while BPR 1 has compensation up to 50.

Also, does Amazon charge VAT on label purchased through them? I can figure out where to look to find this info. May they do and in that case, the cost is the same?

I feel like I am missing something, I was expecting to be saving a bit with OBA not pay more…

Can someone advise me if it is worth it to add the signature? I used to only send signed for because as a personal customer I did not have a delivery confirmation, but with the CRL code now, there will be a delivery confirmation. Does Amazon treat a delivery confirmation differently than a signature in case a dispute is opened?
I have not had too many issues until now, but I would like to be prepared.

Tags: Payments, Registration
2 replies
2 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_BmC7sDrkWEgDv
In reply to: Seller_Umr58f4J4QHd0’s post

amazon will refund the customer whenever there is a dispute, because they bill themselves as the most customer friendly experience on the planet - as a customer i love this, as a seller, I suck it up for the volume that can be achieved on amazon

they are even refunding customers on FBA items that arrive late so good luck getting them to side with you!

I think the RM24/48 is probably best to use if you are doing SFP

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post