user profile
Sign in
user profile

Seller can not print return label

by Seller_vTCC47DVMGUB8

After a return request the buyer has messaged to say:

Please can you organise for the item to be collected for the refund, as I am unable to print a label as I am struggling to purchase a new printer anywhere.

Would they not need to still print out a label for the courier?

Tags: Royal Mail, Shipping labels
30 replies
30 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_NoLYurmb006tq
In reply to: Seller_vTCC47DVMGUB8’s post

Let them do it at hermes drop or PO and just credit the postage back if its low value if its not DPD will pick and label if you have an account

user profile
Seller_j4qOx3FnSoENm

Devil on my left shoulder is whispering - not your problem
Angel on the right of course is saying good customer service would be to try and find a solution.

Depending if you are offering free returns on your own or via Amazon.
For us we use Royal Mail tracked returns so the buyer can just take their smartphone to the post office where they will scan the QR code and the label will print off for them at the post office.

user profile
Seller_DROodOAYHftnc

Send them a label in the post.

user profile
Seller_5xogxoILPrN4X

Thats a new one , they are usually disabled and cant get to the post office, i would like a £1 for all the ones like this of we have had

user profile
Seller_NoMNQDGnEW5Bx

There should be a way of doing a QR code return like Amazon themselves do when you want to return something, must be possible for those few people who cant print one off

user profile
Seller_vTCC47DVMGUB8

A couple of good points I will look at. The Hermes option, s that in a drop of shop?

Unfortunately I do not qualify for return labels with Royal mail as I do not have enough returns, not sure why that would be a problem as with everything computerised, all they have to do is switch a button to let you use it.

Sending a label to the buyer via the post? Would that be a pre-paid label? Maybe the issue here is that the buyer dos not want to pay the postage? Why did the simplest solution not come to me sooner, we get so wrapped up in technology we can’t cope when it goes wrong or is not available.

Maybe I should suggest they put pen to paper and write out a label on a sheet of paper, the old fashioned way, they could then sellotape it to the box and stick stamps on.

user profile
Seller_WMvaZxtViUiaq

Good luck with that one - we had a customer who said this and they were given a full refund without returning it.

user profile
Seller_UAEOZ1ySymSv1

When you book with Hermes now, they give you a code that you can use at the drop-off point and they will print the label there.

user profile
Seller_sFEUMUfeW5484

He could email the label to a friend etc etc. In my many years of dealing on Amazon, these people tend to be time wasters trying to get a freebie.

user profile
Seller_NoMNQDGnEW5Bx

who is paying for the postage, the customer or you?

Go to original post