user profile
Sign in
user profile

This confirmation statement nonsense is suspicious as hell

by Seller_7LwAK3FfdwJbC

Amazon can go to companies house and get an over view of all beneficial owners and persons of significant control.
What they can’t do is get the full detail as we’d see. As far as I’m concerned, this is confidential company information.
I’ve asked Amazon dozens of times now to justify why they need this particular information in this detail, and what they intend to do with it. The answer is always “it’s our process”.
Ok then, my process is before I hand over company information to an untrustworthy recipient I find out why it’s being requested and what’s being done with it. Considering NONE of the following companies have this information and have never asked to see it: 4 company bank accounts, PayPal, eBay, Worldpay, Elavon, Global Payments, Amex, and Visa. If they haven’t asked, why are Amazon?

This appears to be an underhand data gathering process where Amazon can profile your business. Until someone can come up with an actual reason I see this as little more than a malicious form of data mining, and we will NOT be providing the information.

Tags: Bank account, Payments
60 replies
60 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_EHYOwAkoZV3Hb
In reply to: Seller_7LwAK3FfdwJbC’s post

Fair enough.

user profile
Seller_7VbclcPFFRTnc

presumably then you’ll remain suspended…

user profile
Seller_KmFaLHgG5jH9a
This post has been deleted
user profile
Seller_7LwAK3FfdwJbC

Account health didn’t think to check, and I never know where to find it. I’d have still been asking the same questions, only a little sooner.
As for that list, they already have one provided, and 12 years trading history taking money from and paying in to the same account. Not to mention utility bills and passports. They have enough information.

user profile
Seller_77IcbQKVGdZo0

If you don’t provide it you won’t be able to sell on Amazon. You won’t get them to change their minds on what they require.

I agree there is a lot of information that Amazon ask for. It is mostly Identity information. I am fairly sure Amazon handle this data correctly as they are regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and there will be various rules about how the data is stored and what is used for. Most of the information is used to prevent Money Laundering.

I brought a property last year and the identity information that Amazon ask for is akin to that. It is just to establish you are who you say you are.

To be fair setting up a company on companies house I don’t recall ever being asked for identity information, I believe you can set up a company with no verification of who the beneficial owners are.

user profile
Seller_WIndmNYDp7rQF

There house there rules. If you don’t like it then dont use there platform.

user profile
Seller_lljyzgTxr5fgI

It might be as far as you’re concerned but in reality, it isn’t. Being a limited company is a “trade off”, a bit like FBA is with Amazon; you get certain benefits and protections for being in “the club”. In return for being a member of the club, you waive certain rights. One such right of being a limited company, which is removed, is your information is public. Anybody (as in anybody) can find out every minute detail about your business, if they have a mind to dig and spend a small amount of money on fees. All of your company information, registers, shareholders et al should also be available (at any reasonable hour) to be inspected by any person with reasonable cause to do so. That is another right we waive. In return, if the proverbial “hits the fan”, so to speak, we have individual limited liability as to what they can take off us. That’s the trade off.

As far as Amazon is concerned, the rules are very simple. If you don’t want to play by them, they won’t let you sell.

user profile
Seller_2Htw9xCla3oOQ

Look at it from Amazon’s perspective. There are so many dodgy sellers and companies that are registered from god knows where on earth, which are not paying any tax or VAT etc., using fake names as directors, selling counterfeit stuff or fake products. They are trying to protect legit sellers hence the process maybe a little more complicated then other platforms, but play with their rules provide what they need and I am sure you will benefit from the additional buyers that this platform provides.

user profile
Seller_iDiUaLCsDRE0K

Hi @LuvMyDog_Worldwide

Pia here from the forum’s community.

I inferred from the post that you are hesitant to share the details as requested in the performance notification.

To be clear, this is a step in the verification process to identify and confirm the validity of the Amazon platform’s real business owners.

The usage of a payment account requires the legal requirement that your identification be verified. You must confirm your identification in accordance with European regulations and laws in order to utilize the payment services.

To enable Amazon Payment, you might need to provide the needed data and/or documents.

To learn more about EU legislation and regulations pertaining to company payments, you can also speak with a legal advisor.

Thank you for your post. I hope my response is beneficial towards your business.

Regards,

Pia

user profile
Seller_7VbclcPFFRTnc

Op - there seems to be more ltds registered at CH for you (well 4 actually)
Luvmydog ltd and the one I was looking at from your seller profile page - Acme incorporated

As well as a 3rd that is for online sales

Maybe that’s why amazon are asking for further info

Go to original post