user profile
Sign in
user profile

Uk account use in Japan?

by Seller_rKRz5ETB9zP8h

I set up my account in the UK but now I live in Japan. I want to start selling from here is it possible? Im having difficulty listing a product there always seems to be an issue. Is it best I just make a new Amazon.jp account and delete this one?

Tags: Listings
2 replies
2 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_EJIX7rqDNQJi2
In reply to: Seller_rKRz5ETB9zP8h’s post

You can continue trading on the Amazon Europe marketplace from Japan, simply update your account’s “Ship From” address, using this link:

https://sellercentral-europe.amazon.com/sbr/ref=xx_shipset_dnav_xx#shipping_templates

Also, you can open a separate Seller Account on the Amazon Japan site. But this way, you will be only able to offer your items for sale on the amazon.co.jp website.

user profile
Seller_qZO3ZCjoBXEeL
In reply to: Seller_rKRz5ETB9zP8h’s post

Don’t forget selling from Japan to the UK will have some issues associated with it:

Selling on Amazon.co.uk you will need to ship all items duty paid from Japan. Items listed have to be inclusive of customs duties and VAT.

If you are using your account in Japan to sell items already in the UK (avoiding the above issue) then you are required to register for VAT immediately

You will also need to provide a return address n the UK for goods unwanted by customers or provide a paid returns service to Japan.

Finally, based on experience, 99% of anything you buy in Japan to sell in the UK is going to have a language/labelling issue. Any foodstuffs will require relabelling - especially with relevant allergen issues

Just a few things to think about.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post