Account ccount has been deactivated - Buyers not receiving orders or experiencing late receipt of orders

Hi

I have the following suspension / deactivation, is there any chance i’ll be allowed to sell back on amazon or get the funds (4 fig sum) tied up with sold items.

"Dear seller,

Your Amazon.co.uk account has been deactivated. Your listings have been removed. Funds will not be transferred to you but will be held in your account while we work with you to address this issue. Please ship any open orders to avoid further impact to your account.

Why is this happening?
Your order defect rate exceeded the target of 1%. Amazon’s Order Defect Rate Policy can be found at https://sellercentral-europe.amazon.com/gp/help/200285170. Your Amazon seller account has been deactivated in accordance with section 3 of Amazon’s Business Solutions Agreement. Following are the issues found on your seller account:

– Buyers not receiving orders or experiencing late receipt of orders.

Review your account for these and more issues in the A-Z claims, buyer contacts, negative feedback and, chargeback sections.

How do I reactivate my account?
Please evaluate the issues highlighted above and share your plan of action in the below format to avoid these in future:
– The root cause that is driving the mentioned issue(s).
– The actions you would take to resolve the mentioned issue(s).
– The steps you would take to prevent the mentioned issue(s) from rising again going forward.

Please ensure that your plan of action addresses all account performance issues shown in the Account Health dashboard: https://sellercentral-europe.amazon.com/performance/dashboard?ref=ah_em_op.

How do I send the required information?
Click the Appeal button next to this message on the Performance Notifications page in Seller Central to submit the information at https://sellercentral.amazon.co.uk/performance/notifications?ref=ah_em_op.

What happens if I do not send the requested information?
If we do not receive the requested information, your account will remain deactivated and funds in your account may be held for 90 days.

We’re here to help
If you have questions about this policy or information requested above, please reference https://sellercentral-europe.amazon.com/gp/help/200370560. Additionally, please find assistance creating a plan of action at https://sellercentral.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/G201623610.

Has your account been deactivated in error?
If you believe there has been an error, please submit an explanation. Your explanation should include the following information:
– Evidence or examples that demonstrate that your account complies with our Order Defect Rate Policy.

You can view your account performance at https://sellercentral-europe.amazon.com/performance/dashboard?ref=ah_em_op or select Account Health on the home screen of the Amazon Seller app on your iOS or Android device. The Account Health dashboard shows how well your account is performing against the performance metrics and policies required to sell on Amazon.
– Download iOS App at https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/amazon-seller/id794141485.
– Download Android App at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.amazon.sellermobile.android&hl=en_GB.
Sincerely,
Seller Performance Team
Amazon.co.uk"

I have heard I should post my Plan of Action here for people to scrutinise before I send the appeal to Amazon:

Buyers not receiving orders or experiencing late receipt of orders."
Thank you for the opportunity to appeal my seller account deactivation. I understand Amazon takes failures to comply with their requirements very seriously and would like to share with you my Plan of Action in which I explain what I have done to resolve the issue and prevent it from happening again.
Firstly I apologise for buyers not receiving orders, or experiencing late receipt of orders. In future all orders are to be sent by special delivery or next day delivery ie if fulfilled by merchant, and I will trying to use the fulfilled by amazon (fba) so that it comes from Amazon’s own warehouse therefore I will be able to ship 24/7 days of the week. Not only that I will attach the relevant tracking in order to show where the goods and that way the customer will be able to track where the item is. In addition I had been fulfilling some orders using a 3rd party site - a practice I will be stopping/
Specifically for the buyer not receiving orders, I need to double check that I 1) keep the amazon stock inventory level consistent with my stock in my warehouse in order that I only sell what I have in stock and also to avoid a lag due to restocking issues which has resulted in the late receipt of orders.

What went wrong:
Items had been ordered by customers however I did not have them in stock. Hence this resulted in a large number of items being dispatched later than my usual dispatch time meaning they resulted in a late delivery or refund.
Multiple customers have expressed concerns with regarding the authenticity of their goods that were purchased from my store. I failed to properly address this issue on time and professionally.
Due to my inexperience as a seller on Amazon, I tried to source from retailers and 3rd party sources who cannot provide me with valid invoices or proof of authenticity.

We have received complaints about inauthentic products and we have now carefully reviewed our entire account and inventory including amazon policies, Amazon’s seller polices, all orders received for the affected ASINs, reading our seller feedback, product reviews, checking the a- z claims and return comments.

We have determined the root cause for the complaints was the products received by the customers being materially different from the products being advertised on the amazon platform. The products were materially different due to Poor Quality, Incorrect packaging/old packaging, Products damaged in transit, Not as Described. in addition. Products were sourced from retail arbitrage which doesn’t entail a proper invoice.
In addition the need to be aware of intellectual property violations, and product authenticity and avoid any violations is paramount.

What I have done to fix the problem
I will only list what I have in stock and not use an incorrect stock level.
In addition when shipped from merchant fulfilled it will be within the shipping time to avoid a late delivery.
All relevant return requests have been authorised and processed.
I have read all Amazon policies, with regards to the propert ways of how to source and Amazon’s Anti-Counterfieitng Policy to ensure that I will not violate them again.
All listings which resulted in authenticity claims and high returns have been deleted from my account’s inventory and will not be listed again.

We have identified customers who have made complaints regarding the authenticity of our products and issued full refunds. We have resolved all a-z claims and responded to customer feedback.

All the affected ASINs have been removed from my inventory, the stock has been returned to our supplier and we will purchase the stock from an alternative but legitimate authorised supplier or brand manufacturer . The invoices from these suppliers will be kept and used if needed.

WHat I will do to prevent similar complaints in the future:
Before listing any products for sale on Amazon, I will check that the products or listings do not violate intellectual property, trademark, copyright or patents.
All inventory is to be sourced from manufacturers or authorized distributors who can provide me with invoices meeting Amazon’s requirments.
I will seek permission from brand owners in before Iist on Amazon.
In addition to address packages that weren’t received I will ensure all tracking is attached to the product to maintain a high tracked item rate for the Products and the customer will know when to expect the package - which will be as soon as possible.

I will regularly read Amazon guidelines and policies to make sure I am not in volation of any rules. I will be looking as well at any policies or laws that could affect me or my account proactively.

I believe that this plan addresses the issues and hppe that I will be able to continue selling on Amazon.

Yours sincerely,

xxx

Hi
Sorry for the delayed response in replying to your post.

Your POA is too much like an essay, at first glance.
Try and use bullet points and eliminate long paragraphs if possible.
The rep assessing a POA is in a hurry and wants to pick out relevant facts quickly, if he has to dig then it will likely result in a rejection so that he can move on to the next, better formatted plan that he has to read.

Content.
Avoid anything not directly related to the suspension reason.
In your case it was late dispatch and non delivery, so why are you mentioning

This is a very serious issue that you must address, but not here in this POA as it is unrelated to delivery.
So all references to

etc should be removed
Again, yes you MUST address this as a matter of urgency, however your suspension is for delivery and dispatch issues, so stick to that topic.

Root cause:

This needs to be explored in more depth.
Why did you not have goods in stock?
Why were your inventory levels on Amazon not reflective of your stock levels in your warehouse?
For late dispatches why hadn’t you extended your handlng times to cover delivery of new stock to yourself?

Identify all the reasons for late and non delivery, the “why” not just the “what”.
When you have done that the rest of your plan will flow naturally as you show Amazon how you immediately addressed those problems identified, both to rectify existing customer issues and to immediately act to prevent new issues arising.
You will need several actions in your POA, some of which Amazon should be able to verify by checking your account.
Words are not enough, you need to enact those words too.
So if you state that you have now extended your handling times to give you longer to dispatch orders then you need to specify when this change took place and how long you extended your handling times to.

The final section of your plan will be to show some proactive steps for moving forward to ensure that your account remains on top of this problem and late/non deliveries are now a thing of the past.[As far as can be possible]

Thanks for the feedback you have given me so far, I find it helpful, I am adjusting my POA accordingly, I am working to change the essay style of POA to a more bullet pointed style as this will increase the readability like you have said and make it easier for whoever is reading the POA from amazon to see!

There was one issue I would like a bit more help with as I am almost convinced I should bring up the supplier invoice / proof of Authencity issue:

“Please ensure that your plan of action addresses all account performance issues shown in the Account Health dashboard: https://sellercentral-europe.amazon.com/performance/dashboard?ref=ah_em_op .”

In the original email it said address all account performance issues:

I could clearly omit the authenticity of goods issue, but would it make it more likely that they will reject my appeal as they said the following:

“Please ensure that your plan of action addresses all account performance issues shown in the Account Health dashboard: https://sellercentral-europe.amazon.com/performance/dashboard?ref=ah_em_op .”

Blockquote Content.
Avoid anything not directly related to the suspension reason.
In your case it was late dispatch and non delivery, so why are you mentioning

Updated Appeal Letter:

To Whom it may concern,

Thank you for the opportunity to appeal my seller account deactivation. I understand Amazon takes failures to comply with their requirements very seriously and would like to share with you my Plan of Action in which I explain what I have done to resolve the issue and prevent it from happening again.
Firstly I apologise for buyers not receiving orders, or experiencing late receipt of orders.

The following is to be implemented:

• All orders are to be sent via special delivery / next day delivery (if merchant fulfilled)
  • With tracking for customer visibility
  • Or using FBA (fulfilled by amazon)
  • No other 3rd party fulfilment method i.e. through online retailers
  • check stock level consistent with my available stock level

What went wrong:

Items had been ordered by customers however I did not have them in stock.

• Goods were not in stock as I was relying on dropshipping as a method which meant I would purchase post sale for certain items
  • Hence it was a mistake and for this reason amazon stock level did not match my warehouse stock
  • In future I will extend handling times to cover delivery of new stock (I am reviewing the seller university about how to do this).

What I have done to fix the problem

• I will only list what I have in stock and not use an incorrect stock level.
  • I have updated my inventory level to reflect the precise numbers and quantities of products in stock
  • In addition, when shipped from merchant fulfilled it will be within the shipping time to avoid a late delivery.
  • All relevant return requests have been authorised and processed.

I will regularly read Amazon guidelines and policies to make sure I am not in violation of any rules. I will be looking as well at any policies or laws that could affect me or my account proactively.

I believe that this plan addresses the issues and hope that I will be able to continue selling on Amazon.

Yours sincerely,

xxx

Dear

ebam_uk

As Adrian already mentioned very well and he already gave you good recommendations, I also would give general tips, when creating a POA and what the performance team wants to see:

The plan of action should be very detailed and should provide the following information. I would recommend you to divide the plan of action into the 3 parts/titles:
1. Root Cause of the issue (WHY, WHAT, WHEN)
2. Immediate steps you took to stop the issue (what have you done, and what did you change within your business model or processes to eliminate those root causes?)
3. future remedies to assure, that this will not happen again (Provide a timeline. Think long-term)

Here some general tips for all while creating the plan of action;

1. root causes of the problem (these have to be explained thoroughly, with details of why and how the problem happened, after reviewing your current business model and processes, WHY do you believe customers submitted claims and negative feedbacks about for example not received items? Which courier service did you use? What went wrong?

2. The steps you immediately took to resolve the root cause(s) you identified. (what have you done, and what did you change within your business model or processes to eliminate those root causes? Did you change the courier service? If yes to which one? FBA?)

3. How you will avoid similar issues from happening again (Provide a timeline. Think long-term.) HOW will the orders be sent on time, which courier will assure the on time delivery, do you have any agreement with the new courier…?
    When creating your plan of action, explain the issue, and the steps you have taken to prevent similar complaints.
    Please, present further proactive steps and describe them clearly and in more detail, so that the correspondent department can deeply understand your situation.

I hope these recommendations will help you and other sellers as well :slight_smile: