user profile
Sign in
user profile

Account Deactivated over selling "Carex Hand Gel" :(

by Seller_0gNI1bh2rdU2I

My account was deactivated for selling carex! I never sell the items at extortionate price as i bought them for £18 for 8 500ml. And sell them for £52, Amazon hypocritically took 20% of that and 20% went to P&P as item notoriously fragile and will most definitely shatter on transit if not carefully packed . The total investment is £18 + £10.40 + 11 = £39.4.

Sold @ £52
Cost @ £39.40
Profit@ £12.60

And still Amazon deactivated my account with impunity. And now I have no way of contacting no one as all buttons disabled. I reply to their senseless AI Robot 3 times and it still asking me to explain why i sold the items at high price:(

Now the only money I have to buy food for me and my little ones is locked in.

I don’t know what to do now.

Amazon turn into dictatorship over night and bulldoze their way into peoples accounts. I understand that there are few greedy people out there taking advantage of the CV19 but so is Jeff Bezos!!!

Tags: Pricing
128 replies
128 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_BS5lg2keRs2QO
In reply to: Seller_0gNI1bh2rdU2I’s post

Unless I’ve got my maths wrong it looks like you paid over the norm for them and then tried to pass that on.

Edit - did you buy them from a store?

user profile
Seller_lljyzgTxr5fgI

So, you don’t think a 300+% mark up is not extortionate? You bought for £18 and sold for £52 but don’t understand why your account has been deactivated? The Amazon fees and postage are irrelevant in the overall calculation of gross profit. Sorry, this is profiteeering (or price gouging) and Amazon have hit you hard.

Amazon turn into dictatorship over night and bulldoze their way into peoples accounts. I understand that there are few greedy people out there taking advantage of the CV19 but so is Jeff Bezos!!!

Don’t blame Amazon for your own business decisions. You chose your selling price and this price gouging malarkey has been bandied about for weeks. Are you saying you didn’t know about it or know the risks?

user profile
Seller_amUAzjvL5uIzu

Your price gouging & Amazon have correctly terminated your account.

user profile
Seller_bdSdLjti4IugQ

You don’t think £6.50 per bottle of 500ml Carex is extortionate? It normally costs £1 when on offer or max of £2 any other time so I’d say that’s high… How much your costs are are no concern of Amazon’s they’ve seen you charging £52 for some Carex which is clearly unacceptable.

user profile
Seller_Gyxl3CWGjSd3N

I’m going to defend the OP a little here and just say its all good and well people telling them to forget postage or amazon fees etc but how do you do that when you are selling online, have to post, often tracked 24 for prime and pay amazon fees? Yes you can often find product cheaper on shelves but this is online shopping and nothing gets shipped for free and nor do amazon do anything for free either. This isn’t a post in support of alleged price gouging either, its the cold hard facts of selling online on platforms such as Amazon. I often see 30% bandied around as the ideal profit margin to be making yet i am absolutely nowhere near that on my stock and im a tad over 10% on virtually everything just to try and be somewhere competitive. If thats considered price gouging then we might as well all shut up shop and give it up.

user profile
Seller_LpjhinHAD7f55

This time amazon have got it right

user profile
Seller_0gNI1bh2rdU2I

I bought them from Ebay. 200 in a box. The whole thing doesnt make sense!!!

Everyone is talking about “Price Gouging” .
Seems that people are been brainwashed by the elite.
Thousands of items are been sold at extortionate prices all over Amazon.

I was just doing business and Amazon took almost the same cut in profit as myself. Whats wrong with that.

The other day is saw an Amazon Millionaire bragging on YouTube how she bought things for £1 and sold them for £20. Is that price gouging too?

I never stated the RRP as i didnt buy them from Tesco or Asda as there was none in there in the first place!!!

I know everyone is on the edge here but dictatorship is not welcomed in any free market society.

And yes my MATH is not wrong i only made £12.60 in top of my £18 investment and Amazon made £10.

Now Y’all telling me that its ok for Amazon to take more profit home that the sellers?

No wonder Jeff Bezos is one of the wealthiest people on Earth.

user profile
Seller_EOmLRMFX8Oo9x

Well said Retro, I agree 100%

user profile
Seller_Owdxic6jQ3PDQ

submit an action plan

1- admit your mistake of buying the item so expensive and trying to pass the cost to buyers…its wrong no matter how you look at it and amazon dont care tha tyou actually over paid for them,even if you are losing money you are still selling the item overpriced

2-promiss in your action plan after you explain your mistake (its important for you to understand why its wrong before you promise not to resell this essential items at a higher price

good luck

user profile
Seller_0Amk0hnQkPWMH

£52 a bottle IS extortionate. You are profiteering and price-gouging, so no wonder your account has been deactivated. Sorry but I have no sympathy for you whatsoever. Just plain greedy

Go to original post