Account suspended - Counterfeit goods

Please can someone advise me on this situation.
We sell second hand video games and consoles. Our main source of income is usually from markets and shows which have all been cancelled so listed and sold a large chunk of items on Amazon over the weekend. As of Tuesday our account was suspended with the below email. I am unable to provide the information they require as all of our good are second hand, bought via private sales and some have been in stock with us for a long period of time. They are also genuine products, just second hand! I am trying to get a response from Amazon but our emails are not being responded to and our call back requests are not going through either. As a lot of people, this is now our only form of income and we are screwed if we don’t get sales up and running and our funds released. Please can any experienced person help me :sob:

Hello,

You currently may not sell on [Amazon.co.uk] because you are offering items that may infringe intellectual property rights or may be inauthentic. A list of these items is at the end of this email.
Hello,

You currently may not sell on Amazon.co.uk because you are offering items that may infringe intellectual property rights or may be inauthentic. A list of these items is at the end of this email.

Funds will not be transferred to you, but will stay in your account while we work with you to address this issue. You can see your balance and settlement information in the Payments section of Seller Central. If you have questions about those, please write to

To sell on Amazon again, please send the following information to

• Copies of invoices, receipts, contracts, delivery orders, or authorization letters from your supplier issued in the last 90 days. The quantity of items shown should match your inventory.
  • If you are not the brand owner, provide an authorization letter and a complete set of documentation, including authorization letters, to prove a valid supply chain.
  • If you are the brand owner, provide a copy of the brand registration certificate, and business license or personal identity card.
  • Contact information for your supplier, including name, phone number, address, email, and website.

You can send .pdf, .jpg, .png, or .gif files. These documents must be authentic and unaltered. We may call your supplier to verify the documents. You may remove pricing information, but the rest of the document must be visible. We will maintain the confidentiality of your supplier contact information.

We will review your information and decide if you may sell on Amazon again. If you do not send the required information within 17 days, we may no longer allow you to sell on Amazon. Failure to provide us with the information above may result in funds being withheld.

Learn more about our policies in Seller Central Help:

• Amazon Anti-Counterfeiting Policy
  • Intellectual Property Violations
  • Policies and Agreements
    To talk to someone about this email, ask our Seller Support team to contact you

ASIN: B00004YWK9
Brand: Playstation
Title: Sony PlayStation One Console - White

ASIN: B000EBGC1G
Brand: Nintendo
Title: Resident Evil - Deadly Silence

ASIN: B000TV6MXO
Brand: Sierra
Title: Crash Bandicoot: Action Pack (PS2)

Sincerely,

Seller Performance Team
Amazon Payments

• Copies of invoices, receipts, contracts, delivery orders, or authorization letters from your supplier issued in the last 90 days. The quantity of items shown should match your inventory.
  • If you are not the brand owner, provide an authorization letter and a complete set of documentation, including authorization letters, to prove a valid supply chain.
  • If you are the brand owner, provide a copy of the brand registration certificate, and business license or personal identity card.
  • Contact information for your supplier, including name, phone number, address, email, and website.

You can send .pdf, .jpg, .png, or .gif files. These documents must be authentic and unaltered. We may call your supplier to verify the documents. You may remove pricing information, but the rest of the document must be visible. We will maintain the confidentiality of your supplier contact information.

We will review your information and decide if you may sell on Amazon again. If you do not send the required information within 17 days, we may no longer allow you to sell on Amazon. Failure to provide us with the information above may result in funds being withheld.

Learn more about our policies in Seller Central Help:

ASIN: B00004YWK9
Brand: Playstation
Title: Sony PlayStation One Console - White

ASIN: B000EBGC1G
Brand: Nintendo
Title: Resident Evil - Deadly Silence

ASIN: B000TV6MXO
Brand: Sierra
Title: Crash Bandicoot: Action Pack (PS2)

Sincerely,

Seller Performance Team
Amazon Payments

I wish I had the answer for you but I have a feeling your screwed :frowning:

Its the rigid amazon framework not looking at all the fact the games are second hand so therefore you won’t have receipts. I do wish amazon would sort out this issue of legitimacy allegations with second hand products particularly with games where you know no fakes exist in the market (not the case with Pokemon GBA carts for example). The games and console you have listed we both know there are no fakes of these around!
You could try emailing the MD but I think that may be clutching at straws.

Unfortunately as you have found it pointless selling used games on Amazon stick to Ebay.

So do we, have done for years and we haven’t had a problem. First thing to ask is, have you sold these items before on Amazon or is this your first time? Secondly, how did you list the items in question? Did you use the database listing for each item or have you created your own? And finally, when you went to list the items, were there any noticeable restrictions on listing?

We have sold on Amazon since November but the sales were minimal due to prioritising stock for the shows we attend. I used the listings on the databases provided using the EAN codes, never creating my own.
I still haven’t been able to find anyone to talk to, Amazon seller support seems to be a bit of a nightmare!

Until this weekend it has been pointless but with the lockdown, sales have gone crazy and it was actually giving me light that my very small business could actually survive current events :sob:

Yes, I understand but, what I meant was, have you sold those particular products before? Also have similar products continued to allowed for sale, eg a PS1 Grey?

Sorry, I misunderstood. I have sold PSOnes but not the other items in the list. Do you think removing these items from my inventory would satisfy them? Or will they just penalise me? There are restrictions on the items but these are for new which I never listed them as (because that would have been a lie!)

Removing them is advisable, per se, but it will not help your situation. I don’t want to know how much you sold your items for but were they considerably cheaper or more expensive than your competitors (we aren’t one, at present as we have no stock lol). Has any customer complained about the authenticity of the goods? I am just thinking that a competitor or buyer has made a complaint about authenticity to Amazon.

The PSOne was cheaper than our competitiors but they were more than I’ve ever sold one at a gaming market! Crazy really.
The Crash game is also a lot cheaper than our competitors but was at the value of what which would sell the game. I’m just very confused. I am aware that there are sellers on here we encounter at shows (and we may not be friends with them, if you get my drift…) so you may be on to something there. None of the sales we have made have arrived with our customers yet so it can’t have been them.

I guess I am just in for a massive headache, hoping that I can persuade Amazon to let us have our fund now.
Thank you for your help though, it is appreciated.

I reckon it’s a competitor, especially if you’re relatively new to the market. Some stuff has been selling for eye watering prices of late but we haven’t listed any more games or consoles for a month or so because the prices were being pushed up during the Coronavirus crisis. We don’t, and won’t, profiteer, so we’ll sit on ours until the Christmas period.

For your own situation, you could send a message to seller support outlining that you purchase goods in a used condition noly and have only sold them in that condition. Advise that invoices do not come with such goods and therefore what else can you suggest to help alleviate the problem? However, you may have to wait some time for a response, unfortunately.

Hello @Magic_Whistle_Gaming,

From your post, I understand the main reason for deactivation is listing high branded items which are suspected to be inauthentic or to be violating the intellectual property policy.

To prove the authenticity of the products you listed, invoices are a must even if they were purchased in second hand (used/good to use conditions). As the invoices will verify the product condition when purchased.

As you mentioned you are unable to provide required documents or bills to prove the authenticity or that you have permissions to list them, please indicate same in your appeal along with what are you going to do to make sure you adhere to the policies would help in the account review process.

An action plan needs to be structured, concise, and definitive about the issues identified within your account. I suggest to consider these guidelines keeping in mind your business type:

The root cause of the issue.
After reviewing your current business model and processes, why do you believe the items that you wanted to sell might be risky?

The steps you immediately took to resolve the root cause(s) you identified.
What have you done, and what did you change within your business model or processes to eliminate those root causes?

Removing/deleting the inventory is only a temporary measure but not a long term solution and also it doesn’t assure that this issue will be controlled on your future listings.

• How you will avoid similar issues from happening again? (Provide a timeline. Think long-term.)
  • The preventative measures you can take to ensure that you do not sell products that have been illegally replicated, reproduced, or manufactured.
  • How will you verify the accuracy of your products and will not list unbranded items on branded products?
  • How will you develop processes to ensure that all your branded products are legitimate and authentic?

You can refer to below points while drafting your appeal :

• From where do you obtain your products?
  • What are the proactive steps you are taking to ensure that they are sourced from reliable suppliers whom will provide all the bills, invoices or authorization letter?
  • Do you check your products for authenticity and take your time for quality control?
  • Is there any recent changes made by the brand on the conditions of the product: the packaging, texture, color? As some conditions of some certain products may change with usage.
  • Does the product description of each item in your list reflect exactly how they are?
  • If you purchase your products from abroad, do you assure that they function correctly?

While considering the above points, I also want to recommend you to read the policy links below and show your understanding of them.

– Product Detail Page Rules (https://sellercentral.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/200390640)
– Condition Guidelines (https://sellercentral.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/200339950)
– Amazon Product Authenticity and Quality Help Page (https://sellercentral.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/G202010130)
– Amazon’s Intellectual Property Policy (https://sellercentral.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/201361070).

Regards,
Elena