Dear sellers and forum members,
now the Corona crises reached us too - our account has been suspended as we received 13 policy violations against the fair pircing policy.
Did we sell face masks or gloves for 99.-GBP? No.
We sold latex gloves for 8.-GBP + delivery as we do since years as B004OYWBR8 B005G3R4GY B004OYWBNC B00JF1YGAK B01N6QMTLA etc.
Amazon selles them for 5.-GBP + delivery.
But due Corona it seems they setup an algorithm to check pricing of Corona items and in percent we did price gauging…as its 60% more than the average price.
With this logic this alogrithm will be a nightmare for many sellers i guess.
Here our plan of action - what would you change?
The root cause of the issue
- due the Corona Virus an Amazon algorithm checks all prices of face masks, gloves etc.
- as we ship from abroad we did add a part of the postage into the article price
- the algorithm reported us as our price has been higher than the average price
- so we received warnings as we did violate the “fair pricing policy”
The actions that you have taken to resolve the issue
- we changed the pricing model of all articles we sell and will charge the customers only the article price – without any hidden shipping addon
- so we could lower the article price by 2.-GBP – 3.-GBP per item now
- we even removed all articles where we have no competitive price
- we removed all latex gloves from amazon
The steps that you have taken to prevent the issue going forward
- I and my team know about the Fair Pricing Policy: https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/help/G5TUVJKZHUVMN77V
- i spoke to Mr. $name who is responsible for our Amazon UK account to keep an eye on “Corona” relevant products. We didnt and wont add a corona bonus here or onto other articles!
- we did setup a max. price for all items now to avoid wrong prices in future
- we will raise the shipment costs and not the article price in future if the carriers (FedEx etc.) charge us more for shipment
- we dont do price gouging or use an external software which raises our prices automatically
- we wont list articles if we don’t have a competitive price as this would harm the reputation of us and amazon
- we did setup a blocklist for gloves and face masks now (see attachment)
Thanks for your time and support