Our account was suspended for related account reason in Nov-19. One appeal got rejected in Dec-19. After reading all forum posts i have redone my appeal. Please see below our appeal draft with names removed. It gives all details after a thorough check. Kindly advise if any changes needed:
We now understand that some of our actions were against Amazon policies which resulted in our suspension. After our investigation and lots of research with our team, we found the areas that we have failed.
The root cause of the issue
We did not carefully read the “Prohibited Seller Activities and Actions” and in particular the policy on “multiple seller accounts” which states that operating and maintaining multiple Seller Central accounts is prohibited.
Because of lack of knowledge, we opened multiple seller accounts without prior permission from Amazon.
The details of the 3 related suspended accounts is given below:
2a) Account A was the first one to be established only for European marketplaces for travel accessories category which remained active for some time but stopped trading from April-2019. We forgot to close that account.
2b) Account B was established for European marketplaces in different category with all different details but that business never really started and we forgot about the account itself.
2c) Account C account was established only for Indian marketplace in sports and fitness category.
Email: Account A
One of the related account Account A could not submit the tax declaration/tax registration certificate in time for German tax compliance because that account was inactive and we missed the email from amazon regarding the deadline. Hence their German storefront was blocked. We think that as a result of this suspension, other two related accounts (Account B and Account C) got simultaneously suspended on 15th November 2019.
The identity, credit card and bank account information of Account B was not updated.
The actions that you have taken to resolve the issue
- I have carefully read the “Prohibited Seller Activities and Actions” and the complete policies and Agreement section on Amazon. The above actions were in violation of the rules on multiple seller account.
2)The required tax declarations by Account A have been submitted and the related suspended account has been re-instated for all European marketplaces including Germany (see attached confirmation from Amazon on account re-instate). We have since closed that account permanently (confirmation attached).
I have carefully looked at any other possible account in the family which may be related to our account. We found one more personal seller account with email ABCD@yahoo.com which was in good health and which we have made the request to close(confirmation attached). This account was opened long time back for selling only personal used items which has not been used for long time and was always in good health.
The credit card and bank account info of Account B has been updated based on details for one of the shareholder directors of the said company. The company for Account B has already been closed so its identity can no longer be verified now.
We now have two people monitoring all emails so that important emails from Amazon on compliance or any other related matters are not missed.
The steps that you have taken to prevent the issue going forward
In future if there is a legitimate business need for a new seller account I will first take prior permission from Amazon.
I have explained the policy on multiple seller account to all family members in my household so that no one else also opens a new account by mistake.
To avoid a repeat of this issue due to multiple related accounts, we have already taken steps to fully close all inactive accounts in Europe including this one. Once that is done we will continue only with the Indian account(Account C).
We remain committed to diligently follow the policies and guidelines of Amazon. We assure that we have now read all policies and procedure carefully and such mistakes will not be repeated. We earnestly request you to please re-instate and then close our account at the earliest based on following key points:
- Because of lack of knowledge there were multiple seller accounts opened without permission from Amazon but each of them had a legitimate business need due to different shareholders, different category and different marketplace. Each of them had a different bank account, different email, different category and was in good health when the other seller accounts were opened.
- All of the accounts were opened when the other related seller accounts were in good health so there was no attempt to open a new account because an existing account had got suspended.
- The European accounts were opened early in our Amazon journey and since we had stopped operating in Europe the accounts remained open by mistake. All the European accounts were in good health and one got suspended only in October-19 for a technical reason which affected many other sellers , and which led to suspension of the other related accounts. As soon as we realised the mistake we took the step to re-instate and close one account, close the personal seller account and now submitting the appeal to re-instate and close this account.
- It seems we have got into cyclical loop where one account cannot be re-instated while the other remains in suspended state. Once this account is re-instated and closed it will help to re-instate the Indian account, which is the only one we want to retain.
If there is anything missing in our Appeal we are committed to do and provide whatever else is needed to re-instate our account.
- Account block and account re-instate confirmation for Account A
- Account closure confirmation for Account A
- Account closure confirmation for ABCD@yahoo.com