Account suspended. No reply to new revised POA

Hi
Unfortunately you have clearly not followed the advice offered by @Victoria_Amazon

You have kept this in, why/ what part of your problems were related to giving away free items?

How exactly does the new system make sure all orders are collected on the right day?
Be more specific.

Overall IMO your plan is too light on specifics of what actions you have taken, you have generalized but added very little meat to the bones.

What control steps were they then? Just tow signatures? Or do the two members of staff have some work that they do prior to adding a signature? Be specific.

Please reread Victoria’s post and try to formulate your plan using her advice for guidance.

I think that this Plan of Action is a lot better than the previous one, however the problem is that you were already suspended over the same reason last month and appealed it.

You are in a very difficult situation as suspensions like this can be very difficult to get overturned.

Your appeal cannot include a single identical sentence of the previously submitted one.

Actually, if this was your first suspension, this particular Plan of Action would very likely get accepted, however at this point I would advise you to post here your previous appeal which you used to lift the previous suspension to see what are the differences between them and if they aren’t identical.

I have revised as per below. Though I didnt believe it would be a problem as they have now already accepted the POA for the damaged / defective items…

Dear Seller Performance team,

First of all thank you Amazon team for providing me a second chance to get my Account reinstated.

My account has been suspended due to High Order defect rate, and after recent analysis of my business and performance, I found that there were more issues on my account which need to be addressed.

What happened:

• I received multiple complaints from customers in the form of A-Z claims and negative feedbacks complaining about non-receipt and damaged or different item issues.

• This was because 1. A customer had received an item which was different to description and arrived damaged. 2. A customer had not received his order at all.

• This was caused by;

(a) Using inadequate packaging materials. Causing complaints regarding the receipt of defective and damaged products. We were using pizza style boxes and bubble wrap.

(b) Goods not receiving a full and proper test on delivery from our suppliers’ warehouse.

© Unclear packing lists in our inventory software.

(d) Item had been prepared for dispatch but had not arrived with the customer. This was because the consignment did not leave the warehouse as the package was not in the correct area for courier collection.

• Our management did not take urgent action to establish a theory of probable cause and implement preventative measures.

• Overlooking of notification emails and not paying the proper attention required to our account health. (ODR rate)

• I made a mistake by conversing and resolving a matter with the buyer. This led to an A to Z claim being opened and granted to the customer. Which could have been resolved by keeping communications direct through the Amazon returns console.

What I have done to resolve the issue:

• All customer messages received were answered on time. I shipped all remaining and pending orders immediately, ensuring that all products are in the correct quantities and exactly as described in the listings and updated them with valid tracking numbers, complying with Amazon’s requirements.

• I checked all my recently shipped orders to verify that their tracking numbers are valid and that they were either already safely delivered to customers or will be delivered on time.

• I have gone through my entire account’s inventory and permanently deleted all ASINs, which were subject to complaints about products being not as described or materially different. I also reviewed all my remaining listings to ensure that they 100% match the description in every detail.

• I have checked all my current stock in my warehouse to ensure that there aren’t any damaged products and discarded all units, which weren’t in a pristine condition, meeting Amazon’s standards.

• From 23rd September we have changed our packaging to purpose made laptop boxes with handles and inflatable air packs and fragile labels are attached.

• We are focusing on FBA to make our order count more manageable – we have now begun to send our items to Amazon fulfillment centers.

• All return requests have been tended to direct via Amazon to prevent them escalating into a to z claims, making all communications via the Amazon messaging console to simplify the buyer communication experience.

• A customer care team has been implemented to immediately attend to customer queries regarding delivery and returns, thus avoiding A-to-Z claims and All A-to-Z claims will be accompanied promptly.

• We have maintained the use of shipment manifests. At end of day we track our shipments to ensure every package leaves our warehouse promptly. Each consignment receives a signature on the date of dispatch to prevent straggling items.

• We now have a dedicated shipping area, separate from our packing and delivery area. All goods are placed here as soon as they are packed ready for courier collection. This is to ensure that when the courier arrives all goods prepared for the day will be collected on time.

• I have carefully read and reread all Amazons policies and help pages, especially the ones regarding minimum performance standards and condition guidelines, to ensure that I don’t violate them again.

Example Policies;

1. Unacceptable and Prohibited Items

2. Return policies

3. Monitor your account health

4. Amazon Services Europe Business Solutions Agreement

5. UK Seller Delivery Policy

• All items are now checked and prepared on delivery from our supplier. Goods that are found to be damaged or defective are rejected and returned to our supplier.

• We have implemented a faulty item disposal area in our warehouse so that damaged goods are separated from our inventory area.

• Further quality control steps were implemented requiring a signature from 2 members of staff before goods can be dispatched. The format is a sheet with check boxes with the following information:

Product Name Model CPU RAM HDD Window Version Colour Battery DVD

Each box needs to be ticked and signed by 2 members of staff.

What I will do to prevent this from happening again:

• From now on, all orders will be sent on time and confirmed as shipped within the Expected Ship Date, using a fast and reliable shipping carrier, which will obtain the signature proof of delivery, this will prevent late-receipt and non-receipt complaints.

• In case that I am for any reason unable to fulfill my orders, the entire account will be set on Holiday settings. As the company director I am responsible for overseeing the performance of my staff during each step of the dispatch process. Therefor if I am not available the store will be closed.

• To ensure all goods are received on time we will work with our carrier DPD group closely to monitor the timeframe our customers are receiving their products.

• We have pushed back our collection time with our courier to 4pm Monday to Friday. Should any consignment not be ready for courier we will drop them at the DPD depot before their closing time at 8pm.

• Due to product damage or package delays. I will continue to monitor the couriers performance closely. If there are any issues we will be changing to a more adequate courier.

• I bought a new type of packaging - cardboard boxes with handles and inflatable air packs, which will be used to package all orders, preventing damage and complaints about receipt of damaged and defective items.

• I will carefully review my items before listing them for sale to ensure that they 100% match the listing and it’s description in every detail. The condition will reflect the actual state of the items. Before shipping goods to customers, each order’s products and quantities will be double checked to be confident that everything is included and nothing is missing from the package. This will prevent complaints about items being received materially different or in the wrong quantities.

• We will send all of our buyers a feedback email regarding the quality of the product as well as regarding our services {like; product delivery system, product information and our update timing from the beginning to end (from the order placing to the order delivery) etc.} to constantly improve our service.

• I will regularly review my performance metrics to verify that | am within Amazon’s targets. All customer messages will be answered on time, return requests will be authorized within 24 hours. All orders will be shipped and confirmed as dispatched on time.

• We are on target to be under 1% in the next few weeks. We are anticipating good sales growth over the next couple of months and will work hard to maintain a perfect ratio.

• I believe that my Plan of Action sufficiently addresses the issues noted in the suspension notice and I am looking forward to continue selling on Amazon.

Best Regards

@Kika The old POA was very different and was accepted almost instantly.

Dear Amazon Performance Team,

This letter is in context to appeal the suspension of my Amazon Seller account. I comprehend that mistakes have been made thus hampering customer satisfaction and relations with my business and Amazon as well.
I take complete responsibility for this, and I’m sorry for the harm I caused the Amazon brand due to the poor experience these customers had with my products. I value the privilege to be able to sell on Amazon, and I’m committed to ensuring that Amazon’s customers are completely satisfied.
My account is due to be suspended due to Order defect rate, and after recent analysis of my Business and Performance, I found that there were more issues on my account which needs to be addressed.

Account suspension root cause analysis and action plan:
The reason, the mistakes I made: High order defect rate

Analysis of Why this happened:
Customer received products that were not as described or fit for purpose. We handled the return of the item via telephone and arranged a courier to collect the items directly from the customer to be refunded. Customer didn’t receive the item they ordered within the specified time-frame.

Defective item Issue: We had returns opened for two of our items from one buyer and upon analysis of all past orders, A-Z Claims and Feedback review, it was found out that there was an issue with two of our products.

1. One of our products was shipped with the incorrect operating system installed.
  2. A product we were selling did not live up to the buyer’s expectations.
  3. Management did not take urgent action to establish a theory of probable cause and implement preventative measures.
  4. Overlooking of notification emails and not paying the proper attention required to our account health. (ODR rate)

Issues that lead to the above escalation of the problem were:

1. Management made a mistake by conversing and resolving the matter with the buyer via telephone rather than the returns system which is available to us via the Amazon platform. This led to an a to z claim being opened and granted to the customer.

Delivery Issue:

1. The item had been prepared for dispatch but has not arrived with the customer.

Steps were taken to resolve existing issues for starting the Business again on Amazon:

1. FBA Through this experience of suspension, we have come to realize that the long-term success of our business lies with the ability to sell on Amazon. We understand that the most reliable and long-term solution to do so is to enroll our products on to the FBA program, and we have planned to have our inventory sent to FBA. Through this measure, we will be able to eradicate all dispatch, defect, shipping and cancellation issues altogether.

2. All return requests will be tended to the same day they arise through the amazon seller central console and not via telephone conversations.

3. A customer care team has been implemented to immediately attend to customer queries regarding delivery and returns, thus avoiding A-to-Z claims and All A-to-Z claims will be accompanied promptly.

4. We have implemented the use of shipment manifests. At end of day we will track our shipments to ensure every package leaves our warehouse promptly.

5. The product in question which did not live up to buyers’ expectations has been upgraded with superior features. We aim to undersell and overdeliver. This will carry through to our other products also.

Action plan for future Specific Steps:
2. We will start to register more products to FBA so that a higher percentage of our product catalog is handled through FBA very soon. Through this measure, we will be able to eradicate all dispatch, defect, and shipping and cancellation issues.

1. We look forward to having a reinstatement for our account after which we shall be registering products for FBA and begin our new practices to ensure buyer satisfaction.

2. We have adopted the mandatory use of strict quality control measures. From now forwards two employees must check each unit before it leaves the warehouse.

3. We have set up a new workbench for our quality control staff to check the orders as they are packed. This will ensure the machines are fit for purpose and have the correct specifications that the customer’s have ordered.

4. One of our employees at present is updating our product titles in our third party dispatch program to ensure the correct information is sent to the packing and preparation team.
    Conclusion: FBA and new quality control measures

Analysis: At present, all our products are not registered under FBA and our QC checks were not in line with our sales growth.

Action plan:
If our account is reinstated, we will start to register more products for FBA so that gradually our entire product catalogue is handled through FBA.

Through this measure, we will be able to eradicate all dispatch, defect, shipping and cancellation issues. We look forward to having a reinstatement for our account after which we shall register an increased number of our products for FBA. I value the privilege to be able to sell on Amazon, and I’m committed to ensuring that Amazon’s customers are completely satisfied.

There are lots of identical points across your Plans of Action - the one for the previous suspension and your current one. They need to be completely different.

@Kika I understand. Have had a quick scan through myself.
There are a good few differences and have tried to go more in depth, even thought some of the content is the same. Question is would it matter much now that they have accepted the POA from a damaged item perspective, since I have also now addressed the late or none receipt issues with different solutions and wording.

Also im due to go away this week so the store would close anyhow, I think that would lead us now to remain above the 1% and be back in this position next month as I will be returning from holiday at the end of the month. Is it even worth doing the appeal just now when ill possibly be back in this position next month…?

I’m not convinced your POA has to be “completely different” from the previous one.
If Amazon are requesting Greater detail, or more info on a different aspect then that does not necessarily mean that you have to come up with a whole new set of words to describe your actions, you can simply tweak your existing plan to add that extra detail, as requested.

@Adrian @Victoria_Amazon What about timeframe. As im going on holiday midweek, it will be nearly end of month before we return. Giving us only a week to make enough sales (if we get reinstated) to dilute the ODR. Possibly leading to another suspension? Is it worth just waiting until next month and would there be any repercussions for ignoring the suspension just now

If you don’t generate any new orders then the ODR is likely to get worse before it gets better.
As the number of orders in the frame diminishes so the % effect of each one increases, so even a few untroubled orders would be better than none.
How long will you be away for, btw? A week or 10 days?
You may be better to simply increase your handling time as your holiday approaches [if you get reinstated before then] so that you can safely dispatch any orders on your return and still be within the correct timeframe.
As your holiday draws to a close just reduce your handling times so that by your return you have reset to normal…

Thanks. Ill be away for the week. Will go ahead with those options thanks

You should definitely appeal the suspension as soon as possible.

Your Order Defect Rate getting worse as a result of you not processing any sales would not trigger another suspension, as long as no additional defects are received.

However, as I already mentioned, you will need to prepare a much better Plan of Action which will not include any of your previously mentioned steps and actions.

Quick query. I have a few refunds overdue. I cant even process them as they keep failing due to suspension. I also cant contact amazon to ask them to do them. How am I supposed to deal with them?

There is now a site-wide glitch affecting refunds which was reported on the Amazon USA Seller Forum across multiple threads, so I would advise you to try again later.

We faced this issue around 4 days ago also. Is there anyone we can email as wouldn’t be the best scenario to have atoz claims opened for these

There is no one to e-mail over technical issues, you will need to wait for it to get fixed.

I have been reinstated overnight. Would like to thank you guys for your help @Adrian @Kika @Victoria_Amazon hopefully we should sale out of this review period

Congrats, that’s nice to hear your account was reinstated :))

Don’t forget to gradually increase your handling times as your holiday approaches, then decrease then again during your holiday so that you can dispatch all orders within the expected windows.

That’s a painful one. I’m not familiar with flat files and only have 1 business day to get these handling times down. Is there a quick way or is it worth just hiring someone? Have 400+ listings to edit

400 listings is not that much, I have far more than you and I am updating the Handling Times manually.

You should be able to complete it within a few hours.