Account Suspension inaccurate product information to detail pages

We are now under account suspension and I was wondering if you could help us out. We have never sold on Amazon before and are making all sorts of mistakes.

Would you be able to help us out?

Here is the current suspension notice.

Hello,

We reviewed your account and the information you provided, and we have decided that you may not sell on Amazon.co.uk.
Why did this happen?
Our review of your account found that you have added inaccurate product information to detail pages. Sellers on Amazon.co.uk are not allowed to include any of the following information about their specific listings in detail page titles, descriptions, bullet points, or images:

– Availability
– Price
– Condition
– Promotions/offers
– Alternative shipping offers (such as free shipping)

We’re here to help.
To learn more about this policy, search for “Condition Guidelines,” “Prohibited Seller Activities and Actions,” and “Product detail page rules” in Seller Central Help.

How do I reactivate my account?
Please provide a plan of action with the following information:
– Greater detail on the root cause(s) of the policy violation.
– Greater detail on the actions you have taken to resolve the complaint.
– Greater detail on the steps you have taken to prevent policy violation going forward
– Greater detail on how your account has complied with our policy.
– Greater detail on evidence or examples that demonstrate that your account has complied with our policy.

THIS WAS OUR APPEAL

Dear Amazon Seller Performance Team

Thank you for allowing me to appeal my seller account suspension for inaccurate product information in the product detail pages in greater detail. After a lot of thinking and reading up on your product detail pages, we think we have found the issues.

The root cause of the issue

The use of special characters

I have been thinking back and we did have some bad data in the use of special characters. These were the use of **.

i.e. View all our Products In the Title and in the detail page Massive 600 drops
I also believe that the characters (…….) are not allowed and we have used these in the titles.

We believe the initial root cause was the words View all our Products in the title of 5 listings. We did not realise that this was on the end of the titles on these 5 affected ASINS and we should have been more observant.

These Listings have now been reinstated after we have corrected this issue.

After speaking to other users on the seller forums and reaching out for help we believe that the 3D images need changing, and we need to remove the following words from the 1st bullet point of the product detail page.

This is an example of the offending text that needs to be removed.
Please note that the image is a 3D bottle design. The price displayed is for 1 x 10ml bottle.

The actions that you have taken to resolve the issue.

Actions taken to resolve the issue

The initial 5 Affected ASINS have been corrected and reinstated by yourselves.

All the other listings have had the ** bad data removed. This was done before the suspension.

• At this moment in time, we are unable to edit the images or the bullet points. If you would kindly lift the suspension, we will make these changes straight away. We will change all the images and remove this bullet point and double check for bad data/ special characters. We will also remove the (…….) from the titles of our listings.

The steps that you have taken to prevent the issue.

• We are going to keep up with amazons TOS on a regular basis and make sure our listings comply. We are going to read amazons policies again, especially the product detail page rules and make sure we are compliant with your listing policies.
• Here is an example of one of our listings that has had all the bad data/ special characters already removed.

Here are some examples of our listings

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07PC1JW5X?ref=myi_title_dp
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07QK1QD5T?ref=myi_title_dp
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07RY1MRG9?ref=myi_title_dp
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07P67W75N?ref=myi_title_dp

We have had a report from a customer for.

Reason for contact: Damaged, Defective or Incorrect Item Details: The item has arrived, but it was damaged and had leaked out into the package. Please research the issue and contact the customer. The customer wants to return the item hence requesting for a return label.

(We asked for photos and authorized the return)

1 a-Z for Package did not arrive

However, they have the package

A customer called as she had used the oil however attempting to reorder she then realized the item is not as described on the website regarding the label and the 10 Ml is incorrect as well as the delivered bottle was not at that volume hence she is requesting assistance going forward. The sellers have tried assisting however it was unsuccessful and unsatisfactory for customer hence she is seeking a full refund for the product in question. Please research and assist the customer.

1 X negative comment on one product and the

ODR is

0.21%
1 of 476 orders
60 days
N/A

We have sold 476 items and on the whole, have not had any major issues.

Most of our listings follow the same format with regards to bullet points, Title, description.

The only difference is the size of the bottles which we sell in 10ml, 30ml, 50ml and 100ml.

I’m seriously considering removing all 24 of our listings and starting again but with the help of the forum. I don’t know if its a competitor reporting us or we are going seriously wrong somewhere.

We just want to get things right.

@Kika I know we inboxed you earlier this morning but a problem shared is a problem solved and hopefull may help someone else

I’m not an expert on these things, but you product description raises a lot of red flags. Listings are for the product and manufacturer, not for the seller/distributor. In theory any other seller can sell the product your listing, however they could charge 10 times the price, therefore any lines about value for money /lowest prices etc can not be guaranteed and are misleading.

Likewise any comments on ratings are again misleading if you suddenly get 10 negative reviews. Stick to the benefits of the products, based on facts. Remove all references to the seller and anything that is subjective or that can change over time.

Hi

Its our own brand. We make and manufacture eveything ourselfes. We are just going through registering the trademark.

Do do you think it’s related to the description?

We are an established distributor of Hemp products. We are now in our 2nd year of business with solid reviews for our products

Quality, price and customer satisfaction is what matters to us.

We have a close working relationship with our suppliers which allows us to keep our prices low. We also have full traceability on our oil from the type of seed used and the field it was grown it.

We are now able to offer you the best quality Hemp oil at some of the cheapest prices in the UK.

You can easily get lost in clever marketing and an expansive number of products. All our oils are full spectrum and contain the whole array of Hemp Compounds at high concentrations.

We don’t have fancy boxes and no expensive office rentals, we don’t have shareholders or investors. We are a small family owned business and our customers come first.

We sell the two main types of oil available in the UK (RAW and GOLDEN). All at an affordable price, so everyone can have a go at trying Hemp Oil and improving their general wellbeing.

Is this the root of the issue?

I totally understand where you are coming from though.

Phil

you’ve most likely been reported by a competitor - the sale of CBD products is prohibited on Amazon. Whilst you do not advertise the product as CBD it blatantly is.

So as a plausible scenario, i buy your product. I then decide to sell it on, listing it as used, but against the original product listing. All of this is totally legit. Now when you read the description:

“We are an established distributor of Hemp products. We are now in our 2nd year of business with solid reviews for our products” - I’m not

“Quality, price and customer satisfaction is what matters to us”.- I couldn’t care less, just trying to get some money back

“We have a close working relationship with our suppliers which allows us to keep our prices low. We also have full traceability on our oil from the type of seed used and the field it was grown it.” - I don’t

“We are now able to offer you the best quality Hemp oil at some of the cheapest prices in the UK”. - the box is damaged and I’ve put the price up

“You can easily get lost in clever marketing and an expansive number of products. All our oils are full spectrum and contain the whole array of Hemp Compounds at high concentrations”. - This is ok, but word it from the manufacturer’s perspective.

“We don’t have fancy boxes and no expensive office rentals, we don’t have shareholders or investors. We are a small family owned business and our customers come first”. - I do

“We sell the two main types of oil available in the UK (RAW and GOLDEN). All at an affordable price, so everyone can have a go at trying Hemp Oil and improving their general wellbeing”.- I only sell this one, but at an expensive price.

I think you’ll get the gist. Word everything from the manufacturer’s perspective. You can talk about low cost/lean production techniques, but you can’t make the jump that this will be sold at a low price. Avoid subjective words like affordable.

@3dots

I think you are right. I didn’t think that this was the issue but now you have explained this to me I totally understand where you are coming from.

I will submit a revised POA with an example of a revised product description.

Thanks for your help.

At some point, even if you get reinstated this time, you will be banned again because

I am sorry to hear that your account was suspended but I remember all your previous forum threads and discussions, where I repeatedly told you about all the violations present in your listings and advised that if you don’t correct it, you may get suspended for “inaccurate product information to detail pages”.

In this post:

https://sellercentral.amazon.co.uk/forums/t/listings-evaluation-problem/196130/6

The suspension has nothing to do with the sale of CBD products. It’s solely due to the misleading information and prohibited content in listings.

If you read my comments, you will see what caused the suspension, how to fix it and then you will need to address it in a Plan of Action.

Hi

@Kika

I totally understand where you are coming from. I have already had the images designed and ready to go. I addressed what you told me about in the last POA. I will get the listings updated when I can get past this hurdle.

I think we have totally messed up the product descriptions and that’s another root cause.

Thanks very much for all your help

@Kika

Can we inbox you our revised POA before we submit? Just to make sure that its right.

The other issue I see here is these products are listed under Beauty / Body Lotions where as the majority competing products, particularly those that have high sales rank and longer historical sales data are correctly listed under either of below. Saying that there a also number of other competitors with relatively low product feedback also list either under Beauty / Body Lotions or Body Oils, this to me is incorrect and may be an attempt to circumnavigate the more restictive correct supplement categories but your certainly not the only Seller

Health and Personal Care / Vitamins, Minerals & Supplements (Primary correct catagory) with the following sub catergories;

Omega 3-6-9 Nutritional Supplements
Essential Fatty Acid Nutritional Supplements and Oils
Hemp Nutrition Protein

It would be better if you posted it here for everyone to see as I am getting lots of private messages on the forum every day and I don’t even have the time to answer.

Review the comments which I made in your previous threads, this should help you with appealing.

@Kika

Totally understand :slight_smile:

Thanks

Not sure if anyone else noticed but the title is also full of pipes (these: | ), which are technically special characters, a good title will usually have little-to-no punctuation, that includes commas, brackets, colons, etc.

I’ve only glanced at your first listing and:

• You have 30ml in your title twice (this isn’t wrong per-se but you should avoid repetition)
  • Main image must be the product the customer receives, nothing else at all, no logos, no alternative side-views, no writing, you say you’ve had a new image “designed” but it would take 30 seconds to cut out the middle bottle in paint to make it perfectly compliant.
  • The rest of your bullet points are great.
  • “All our oils are full spectrum and contain the whole array of Hemp Compounds at high concentrations.” is the only usable part of your description, remove the rest and then you should just use your bullet points re-worded to flesh it out.

This has nothing to do with the suspension, just nitpicking here, but do you really not have shareholders? Not even one? Are you not incorporated?

Thanks for spotting the 30ml reference twice in the title. These are the silly mistakes we are making by not being observant enough.

Hi

Point taken :-). We are now but wasn’t last year and I used old text

Hi

They have now come back with this? Im now getting confused. I thiough the original suspension was because I had used price about 4 times on my product description.

Is this now some kind of trademark dispute?

Hello,

Thank you for your message. We cannot accept your appeal because it does not address the report we received. Please provide the following information so we can process your appeal:

– Greater detail on the root cause(s)
– Greater detail on the actions you have taken to resolve PDP specific issues.
– Greater detail on the steps you have taken to prevent PDP specific going forward.

Where do I send this information?
Send this information to notice-dispute@amazon.co.uk.

What happens if I do not send the requested information?
If we do not receive the requested information within 17 days of the original suspension notification, your account will remain deactivated.

Has your account been deactivated in error?
If you believe there has been an error, please tell us why. Your explanation should include the following information:

– How your listing(s) have not violated Amazons selling policies.

ASIN: B07P83NSZF, B07PBBL47R, B07P83NL8C, B07PHSR8MM, B07PBBL47R, B07PC1JW5X, B07PC2RQXC, B07QNBWHPB, B07PTTFL34, B07P83NL8C , B07PBBL47R , B07PHSR8MM, B07P83NSZF, B07PC1JW5X
Complaint ID: 5233706102

@Kika help :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi

Is there anyone who can help us with this latest response?

Thanks