user profile
Sign in
user profile

Account verification - Amazon requesting buyer billing address details

by Seller_p98eWIdeWulsz

Dear All,
I have recently purchased an item from my amazon account for a friend, using his bank card and billing address, and the item was delivered to me to my day time work place (not the limited company address).
However, I have received an email from Amazon Payments requesting the information below about my friend, failure to do so will result in my account being suspended within 14 days.
I have tried explaining that this person has nothing to do with my seller account, but in vain.
Any advice please.
Thank you

Dear seller, Thank you for your email, however, we need documents for xxxxxx. We received your message about our request for information. Within 14 days, we need you to provide the document(s) listed below. It is important that any information provided is easy to read and marked with the email address registered to your Amazon account and reference ID 1162294752.

– Complete address for xxxxxx.
– Passport/ID document: A scanned copy of the photo and information page of a valid passport or a scanned copy of both sides of the ID for xxxxxx.
– Proof of address, such as your last utility bill (if the address on your passport or government issued identification is not current) for xxxxxx.

You can fax this information to our secure fax line at 0800 068 5450 or +49 8938 038 403 if faxing from outside the UK. The cost of sending this fax will depend on the number of pages you send and the fees charged by your provider.

If you do not provide this information, we will be unable to complete our review of your account.

Once we receive the document(s), we will confirm within 24 hours of receipt and continue with our review of your account.

If you have any questions, you can contact us at any time (https://sellercentral-europe.amazon.com/gp/contact-us/contact-amazon-form.html).

Sincerely,

Amazon Services

Tags: Address, Bank account, Billing, Payments, Registration
4 replies
4 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_ejwc84JNL5Uk6
In reply to: Seller_p98eWIdeWulsz’s post

Buying and selling accounts are linked. To make this purchase you had to change the card details and the billing address on your account I believe - so this is what Amazon are assuming is your new information and they have put you into Verification situation for the “new” details on your account. Did you afterwards change the info back too? You would have been better to pay for the item and ask your friend to reimburse you once it arrived. I’ve never heard of anyone doing the way you have before - why did you??

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post