Accurate month end FBA stock take - best report

Is Monthly History Inventory the most accurate and reliable report to use as a stock-take report for a given date?

e.g. If I want to know what inventory was in stock at the end of business on the last day of April 2019, or that matter any other month end date

I am slightly concerned that when I run the April report, some SKUs have inventory lines for April and March. It looks like these should be added together to get the correct quantity at 30th April. Seems odd though.

Can anyone confirm this is the best report and explain why some SKUs have two lines ?

Thanks

Could you not just use Daily Inventory History on 1st day of the month?

Also what’s the purpose in doing a stock take monthly? I can understand year end, but not every month.

SKUs have a line for each FC or being in transfer.

Thanks.

Daily Inventory History reports are only available for a short while so I can not go back beyond the first currently available.

I need to track total inventory value for my monthly accounts. Otherwise Sales the P&L is meaningless. I don’t account for individual SKUs in my accounts system (Xero).

I’ve just managed to do a daily inventory history for April 2018 by using exact dates as the event date.

I do a stock take annually rather than monthly because all I need it for is the balance sheet. I don’t track any inventory in my bookkeeping software at all.

Thanks for pointing out the Daily Inventory History report. I’ve always used the Monthly History or the reports under the Inventory Reports menu which do disappear.

That’s really helpful.

I now need to understand whether those marked *XFR should be added, subtracted from the totals or ignored. I think it is these transfers that force two lines to be shown - e.g. a March line and and April line when running the April or even the 31st March report. This is a very tricky area!

Time to rest the eyes now but thanks again for your help

I’ve been looking into these reports recently. I found that if you take the daily inventory history report (GET_FBA_FULFILLMENT_INVENTORY_SUMMARY_DATA) and ignore the WhseTransfers records (which includes the *XFR ones that you refer to) then the transactions that have happened during the month do very nearly agree with the differences between the Monthly inventory reports (GET_FBA_FULFILLMENT_MONTHLY_INVENTORY_DATA).

Going back to what you said about getting March and April figures in the April report that seems to be a blip this month. Usually the report has been returning just the records for the month you ask for. (try going back to February, January and see what you get).
So I think if you want the End of April figures you should just be using the rows starting 04/2019. I have created a separate forum post about that though and I’m hoping someone will be able to shed some light on it because it seems to be unique to this month.

That’s fantastic. Thank you so much.

Reassuring to know that two months’ lines in one month’s report is unusual. Bizarrely my March report contains a few April lines! It does appear to be the transfers that trigger this.

After comparing the same SKUs on the Daily Inventory History, Monthly Inventory History and Amazon Fulfilled Inventory reports, I am still confused!

Duplications and splits seem to occur at the end of the month due to a) the time difference between UK and EU i.e. 23:30 on 31st March in the UK is April in Europe!
and b) warehouse transfers that straddle a month end.

I have found inconsistencies as to how *xfr entries are counted.

I suspect that the Amazon Fulfilled Inventory report is the most accurate but sadly they are not retrievable after a few days. Maybe support can access them?

Maybe it is me, but this absolutely business essential KPI (period end stock levels) seems to be very difficult to access, and all too easy to get badly wrong.

And that’s why I only do it at the year end. It’s far too much effort to do every month unless you use some inventory management software.

closed #11

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.