[Action Required] Information needed for your Selling on Amazon payment account

So I just got this email

Hello,

We need some additional documents to continue with your account verification.

Please upload the required documents to the “Settings” section of Seller Central (https://sellercentral-europe.amazon.com/gp/on-board/configuration/index.html). It is important that the documents are easy to read. The information on the documents should also match the information entered in Seller Central.

Please provide the document in one of our supported languages. The supported languages are English, Chinese, German, Italian, Spanish, French, and Japanese. If the original document is not in a supported language, please provide a copy of both the original document and a certified translation.

For the primary contact person

-- A scanned copy of the photo and information page of a valid passport.

-- A scanned copy of a certified bank letter for the primary contact person. The document must meet all the criteria listed below:
- Dated within the last 180 days.
- Signed or stamped by the bank.
- Shows the bank name or logo.
- Shows the account holder’s name, residential address, and bank account number.

We do not accept screenshots.

Once we have received the required document(s), we will continue with your verification.

If you have any questions, you can contact us at any time (https://sellercentral.amazon.co.uk/cu/contact-us/cmn/BLU).

Sincerely,

The Amazon Payments Team

I originally uploaded a photo of my passport in full and a credit card statement. I have not yet added my bank by the way. But do I really need to scan my passport? I don’t have a scanner and don’t want to waste money buying one if I am able to take clear photos of what they want. As for the bank letter, I could easily walk in and request it.

Then borrow one from a friend, or go to the library and use theirs.
You already uploaded a picture of your passport and it wasn’t accepted so the answer to your question is, Yes, you really do need to supply a scanned copy.