Advice on repeated A-Z claims from one customer please

We have sent out six orders of a map/poster to various addresses in the UK for purchases made by one customer between the 9th of September and the 17th of November. The customer has put in three A-Z claims for three of the orders saying they weren’t received. The orders are relatively small in value so we send them out by Royal Mail second class post so aren’t trackable.

We send orders out daily to a large number of people with no problems so I am surprised that three maps have not reached their destination. I have tried to contact the customer to resolve the issue without success. My main concern is that this has resulted in a 1.44% account defect rating and the message I am receiving from Amazon is that our account is now “at risk” and could result in our suspension. Everything else about our account is good - we have a 99% rating, great feedback etcetera etcetera.

Is there anything I can do to improve the situation and should I be worried about the message I am receiving from Amazon? Any help or advice would be very much appreciated.

Sounds like drop shipper trying their luck. I would try and get phone numbers for the addresses that have been claimed against and ring to check if they received their map.

Undoubtedly dropshipper orders, and they are trying it on. Short of actually sending them recorded and buying shipping from Amazon for a while until your metrics improve and you’re no longer at risk.

As mentioned by others, it is a drop-shipper. They are taking their money and saving 100% on stock costs by using the A2Z on you. You’ll have to ship any orders for this customer tracked/signed for.

Thanks. “A drop shipper” ordering hadn’t occurred to me. I’ve just checked and there are no telephone numbers on any of the orders. I will look out for more orders from this customer and send them out recorded.

outdoorsindoors

Hey,

I would recommend the following steps:

• In your seller central request a removal of the claims and explain the reason why they should be removed, but since you are not using tracking and you don’t have any evidence, that the items have arrived this will be difficult.

• Try again to contact the buyer in order to ask for the claim removal.

• If you already tried everything without success contact the seller support through your seller central.

• To prevent this problem in the future I would recommend you to think of changing the deliverer and use tracking, because if you don’t have evidence for the arrival of the items it would be difficult for you to appeal against “wrong” claims.

!!!The warning about the risk of deactivation is to inform you about the issue, nevertheless before a deactivation Amazon will get in contact with you by phone to request a plan of action in order to solve the problem, so for now, don’t worry.

I hope I could help :wink:

Or maybe Amazon could start removing repeat offenders who are basically shop lifting from sellers. They are not dropshippers they are thieves.

It seems rather strange that only 3 of the 6 orders got an A-to-Z though, it’s quite likely that the dropshipper’s customers have complained that they haven’t received the items (some people will do this when the packing slip has a significantly lower price than what they paid)

Personally I would try to contact the buyer (the presumed dropshipper, not the people the orders were shipped to) regarding the A-to-Z claims asking about the A-to-Z claims.
Within the same email indicate that you’d like to come to a formal agreement with them (most dropshippers with the slightest business sense will jump at the chance at this means they can then operate within Amazon’s (and other marketplaces) rules, as on most sites dropshipping (as a seller) is only allowed with a written agreement and when the packing slips indicate the dropshipper is the seller. (or as a 1-off emergency supply when you accidentally oversell)
Operating within the rules means they can drop their prices, raise their sales (and in doing so raise your sales) and avoid some of the disgruntled customers (which in turn lowers the number of claims they file with you).

We used to have an agreement with a dropshipper that placed 200+ orders per month with us on Amazon.

I can honestly say we’ve never had any problems with dropshippers. But there are other sellers on here who get 100% of their orders A-to-Z’d from some of them,

You have helped - many thanks. :grinning:
I have taken on board all your recommendations and will follow them. x

Would I be breaking Amazon’s rules and regulations to write to the people by “snail mail” to ask if they could confirm they’d received the map? The only contact details I have for them are their names and addresses. There is no telephone number for them and the email contact is for the drop shipper. Maybe this is a waste of time though as even if I could show Amazon customer services that the orders were received, I’m not sure they would take any notice.

Even if Amazon took no notice if the recipients confirmed delivery then you would have evidence to present to the dropshipper and advise them that if they failed to withdraw their claims, or recompense you then you would be obliged to pursue legal action against them.
You would of course advise the dropshipper of this by snail mail too, so as keep all reference to legal action away from the Amazon site.

‘You would of course advise the dropshipper of this by snail mail too, so as keep all reference to legal action away from the Amazon site.’
How would you find out the dropshipper’s address/ full name? There are many I’m sure who would be very interested to know if you have some info on this front

Since the OP would have been in touch with the recipients then it would be easy enough to request the name of the company from whom they actually purchased as part of that inquiry.
At least one of those recipients would be likely to respond with
“I purchased this from…”

“Snail mail” letters done and are ready to be sent out by Royal Mail first class post in the morning. I’ve just received another A-Z claim so I hope that one of the people who purchased the maps do advise me which company they bought the maps through on Amazon. Four out of six orders from one customer going astray? We’ve been selling on Amazon for years and never had this happen.

You may as well draw up the other two letters by the sound of it, since the remaining 2 A-Z’s seem sure to follow fairly soon

I’ve just had an email from Amazon saying they’ve granted the refund on the A-Z claim just submitted even though I contacted the “customer” and responded to Amazon. I thought I had till the 7th of December to resolve the matter. Not that I expect the customer to contact me and you are right, Adrian, I may as well print the other letters off.

The whole situation is absolutely infuriating and very stressful. We’ve worked really hard over the years to build a successful business on Amazon, our feedback etcetera is fantastic, and one rogue person/company can ruin all that. It just isn’t fair.

Thanks to everyone on the forum for your support. It means a lot.

Try the phone book as you know the address some may not be ex directory.

Amaz[quote=“stillabittrippy1, post:7, topic:247925, full:true”]
Or maybe Amazon could start removing repeat offenders who are basically shop lifting from sellers. They are not dropshippers they are thieves.
[/quote]

Amazon don’t care. The love it.

Going through a certain person’s feedback, a notorious scam artist, who is bulletproof despite years of complaints, I estimated, providing he keeps his accounts going - after all, he just pops up with a new one - he might be putting as much as 1 Milllion gross through Amazon’s books a year through his double dip operation, selling to the public, buying from other sellers

you sound naive, but we are on the same side(

Are dropshippers not technically breaking GDPR rules? I’m not sure, but thought you were only supposed to share contact details with a courier service, not some random from Amazon who you are buying from to then supply a customer?