user profile
Sign in
user profile

Amazon.nl VAT requirements?

by Seller_s0q4eT0IHyb5N

Hi,

We are looking to expand into the new Amazon.nl system. I was just about to create my listings - but wanted to make sure we don’t have any VAT obligations? We are registered in the UK, and also use PAN-FB (so are registered in DE, FR, ES, PL, CZ and IT as well).

Would selling in NL also mean we need to be VAT registered there? Or is it just shipped from the other marketplaces?

Thanks in advance

Andy

Tags: Registration
7 replies
7 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_f5cnodyVjLD4S
In reply to: Seller_s0q4eT0IHyb5N’s post

Here’s the latest info…
Do I need to register for VAT in the Netherlands?

You need to register for VAT in the Netherlands, if you store your goods in the Netherlands or if your sales exceed the distance selling VAT threshold of €100,000 in the Netherlands.
Since Amazon does not have a fulfilment center in the Netherlands, we will fulfil your FBA orders on Amazon.nl through our EU wide fulfilment center network from your inventory in other EU countries. Therefore, you do not need to register for Dutch VAT to start using FBA on Amazon.nl (as we will not store your goods in the Netherlands), until your sales exceed Netherlands’ distance selling VAT threshold of €100,000.
You can get more information on the Belastingdienst (Netherlands tax authority) website. To learn more about VAT in EU, click here.

Please note: The responsibility to ensure VAT-compliance lies with each Amazon Seller individually. You should seek professional advice if you are unsure of your obligations, Amazon does not accept any responsibility for non-compliance of Sellers with local VAT rules.

user profile
Seller_Yja9oH7DLHk2I
In reply to: Seller_s0q4eT0IHyb5N’s post

Would we get a distance selling limit from each country that we store stock in?

If we use PAN-EU the stock could get sent from any of the countries?

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post