user profile
Sign in
user profile

Amazon quoting UK Consumer Law 2 year warranty on electrical goods

by Seller_cBJpey0lOMZqe

Good Morning

The other day I posted as a customer wanted to return a product for a full refund after 13 months. The product is electrical and has a 6 month warranty with the manufacturer, I have explained that it is 13 months later and is not in warranty. Amazon have now sent a message via the customer that says “the power supply has blown and customer want to return the item and have a refund. It’s been 13 months since the customer received the item but based on the UK Consumer Law, this item should have a 2 year warranty from the seller”.

Now I can’t find this law anywhere. I have looked at the Consumer Rights Act and can’t see anywhere that electrical items should have a two year warranty.

Any advice?

Tags: Customer, Refunds
6 replies
6 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_qZO3ZCjoBXEeL
In reply to: Seller_cBJpey0lOMZqe’s post

Free of charge, 2-year guarantee for all goods

You always have the right to a minimum 2-year guarantee at no cost, regardless of whether you bought your goods online, in a shop or by mail order.

user profile
Seller_FnJT8GoodqsLT

the legislation states the seller must repair or replace them free of charge or give you a price reduction or a full refund . in the case you have mentioned above i would say that you could simply send them a new power supply, you only have to give them a full refund if you cannot repair the item as its just the power source that has blown i would be inclined to simply replace that

user profile
Seller_t9axAefQD4v9m

After 6 months it is up to the customer to prove the item was faulty when it was received.

The UK consumer rights act 2015 says the retailer is responsible for any faults that occur within 6 months. As it is 13 months I would be comfortable in marking any further messages as no response needed.

user profile
Seller_EJIX7rqDNQJi2

The message which you received was not sent to you by Amazon. It was the buyer’s complaint forwarded to you by the Customer Service.

They are just referring you what exactly the buyer has told them and you are under no obligation to honor the request.

While other sellers provided you some advice regarding the 2-year guarantee for all goods, in a fact, on Amazon they would not require you to accept any returns or issue refunds at this point.

The order is no longer eligible for the A-Z guarantee, the buyer can’t leave you a negative feedback either or obtain a refund through Amazon using any means.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post