user profile
Sign in
user profile

Are you being asked for copies of bank statements?

by Seller_kTYyIH9cOXoSb

Hi
I noticed a request on my seller account asking me to upload and send a copy of my bank statement to Amazon. Having sold on here for 2 years there’s never been requests like this before. Anyone else been asked to do this?

Tags: Bank account
17 replies
17 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_DROodOAYHftnc
In reply to: Seller_kTYyIH9cOXoSb’s post

Yes, I had it about 3 months ago, and I have been selling on here for nearly 12 years, and I know of others who have also,
As long as the request is in your seller account notifications then it is genuine, but beware of scam emails asking for the same info.
I was told by SS that they now verify/check everyones’s info every 2-3 years.
They didn’t accept my bank statement - goodness knows why as nothing changed - and I had to send them a document from HMRC showing my UTR - that was then all accepted.
You will get an odd email telling you that you can now sell on Amazon !

user profile
Seller_W6IbwSPxN8QUm

Definitely only act if alerted in account notifications as said above but also you can blank out all transactional/balance data too. They need to see account / sort code numbers, registered name and addresses, to ensure it all corresponds to what they already have on file - EU money laundering regs I’d guess!

Passports, addresses, bankstatements, driving licence, blood samples sent in by Prime, whether or not you passed your 100m breaststroke at school, your favourite choice of fragrance, they want to know it all.

user profile
Seller_CghWRCoXIMHhT

Hi Yes, I had a very suspicious one with Chinese characters and a warning that I wouldn’t be allowed to sell if I didn’t provide the info - this was 10 days after I’d been told that I HAD gone through verification. people here told me not to open the suspicious mailing ( thanks!) but to contact Amazon. I did that, had to upload the bank info again, and was once again told that I have passed verification and can start selling. The trouble is I still haven’t sold any books!!! I’m asking seller support to confirm that I have been ‘switched back on’ or whatever it is that they do to you. Might as well go on holiday…Good luck anyway!

user profile
Seller_pWXoFlBTTi79U

I’ve been a pro seller on here for over 5 years then 2 weeks ago was asked to verify everything!
It’s Amazon policy to do this now and then- mine was a random check of the verification teams performance and it was over within 24 hours. Email seller-performance if you need to, I’ve always found them really supportive…

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post