user profile
Sign in
user profile

ASIN Deleted - & Reviews deleted too!

by Seller_y8pE2DUzYwZsD

Hello Jessica_Amazon

I’m directing this for help from you, as there was a case that you handled, it showed up in google search results. A long shot , but I’m still gonna give this a try as I see that you are still replying to cases & help resolve.

Amazon India doesn’t seem to be bothered even if a product listing was deleted by a mistake that was caused by the executive who was assisting me on call to add a variation to an existing product. While the amazon executive Debashruti C. was assisting me on call and I confirmed with her that I hope my reviews won’t be deleted. She confirmed it won’t be affected. And then she hung up the call to leave me deserted with the no clue of what exactly happened. There was no return call , no update on case. Absolutely nothing from their side . And in my multiple calls post this to Amazon - each executive had a different approach to the the issue and none had common ground or answer to what happened. It’s sad to disappointing and unprofessional to say the least on part of Amazon India to let executives learn at cost of the Sellers loss!

They just don’t have the option to restore. Which is very strange. I’m sure there is a backup somewhere, but they aren’t coming forward to help the sellers!

Amazon India doesn’t seem to be listening

Amazon India Case IDs - as on 30Nov2020 All have different replies.
{Moderator Edit (Jessica) case IDs removed}

Pls Help

Regards,
Deepak B

Tags: Listings, Pricing
12 replies
Most helpful reply
user profile
Seller_y8pE2DUzYwZsD
In reply to: Seller_KKcTTZzy6Jd6Q’s post

Thanks a lot Jessica for all the help & Clearanceshed that little bit of info on “Partial Update” was indeed very helpful and critical too. IMHO, to restore so as to not replace with a new data & restore old reviews, it was crucial. I would test this with a dummy product creation & see how it goes at a later point.

So what I did was Put OLD ASIN & upload file. This failed (probably due to the Partial Update selection )
So I entered the SKU as well & as the ASIN & it succeeded this time ! Everything was restored along with images ,description & all of it!

Though, I have a different issue now…
As a buyer, I’m unable to add my own products to the CART,
After I click “Add to Cart” it takes me to the CART & says “Your Amazon Cart is Empty!”

I’m however able to buy products from other sellers.

And as of a minute ago - I tried this…
As a GUEST added the item to cart (success) & then logged in…
Then it gets me to page that also has this msg in RED .
“You appear to also be the seller of this item. We’re sorry, but Amazon Marketplace transaction rules don’t allow for buyer and seller to be the same person.”

So thank you both again for your timely help!

Regards,
Deepak

Jump to reply
12 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_y8pE2DUzYwZsD
In reply to: Seller_y8pE2DUzYwZsD’s post

Hello,
Anyone else there who can help resolve this issue, if Jessica isn’t available to assit!

Thank You.

user profile
Jessica_Amazon_

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

It is not possible for me to investigate the matter fully but I can give some advice.

Product reviews are tied to the particular ASIN they are left against. If the ASIN has been deleted then the reviews will not be displayed on the site. You need to recreate the listing ensuring you use the same EAN/ASIN. As I mentioned the reviews are tied to the specific ASIN so you need to make sure the same ASIN is recreated.

For products within a variation you need to ensure that the variation has been created correctly and all of the child items share the same category in addition to the parent ASIN. If there is a discrepancy then it is possible the review/s will not display on the page. Any reviews for ASINs in the variation will display on the site.

When you relist an ASIN or link ASINs in a variation it can take anywhere from 48-72 hours for the reviews to display on the site.

I hope this helps.
Thanks,
Jessica

user profile
Jessica_Amazon_

Hi Deepak,

Thanks for your reply,

Google will cache information for a certain period which is probably why you are still seeing the old data, this is outside of Amazon’s control.

Product reviews are tied only to the ASIN and will remain in the system even if the ASIN is not active. The SKU does not link to product reviews as the SKU is unique to each seller.

The issue you have is that the original ASIN was not listed with an EAN. When you attempted to relist a new ASIN was created as there was no specific data such as an EAN to link to the old ASIN.

I don’t work specifically on the amazon.in marketplace so I am hoping the upload process is similar. In order to relist the old ASIN of B07YGNKJ2G you will have to use an inventory upload file to do so. In the file from the 'Product ID Type’ column please select ASIN, you then need to enter the old ASIN that the product reviews were left against. You need to complete all the other required data as necessary but you need to ensure that you use the old ASIN in order to reactivate it.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,
Jessica

user profile
Seller_y8pE2DUzYwZsD

We need more of Jessica’s back in our country ,who at least are heading in the right direction of approach
to solve a issue. I have 6 cases opened up & over 10days of followup. And each case reply had a one standard mention - once ASIN is deleted - its deleted along with reviews, among other vague suggestions / assumptions / opinions .

There is still a case that’s unanswered an “Pending action from Amazon”. where the first executive said - he’d revert in 28hrs. with an update & when I replied to it , expecting an answer… the other executive said “So sorry for the inconvinienced caused by the agent from which you have recived the wrong information that you will recive the response within 24 hours.”

It’s very strange! to say the least.

And this is my 3rd such experience & every time it’s a new learning the hard way! I would be very very careful the next time I want some assistance from an Amazon executive & will have to take it with a pinch of salt!

Regards,
Deepak

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post