Thank you for taking the time to ask questions about the Amazon Seller app. Seller feedback is a big part of our planning process and your comments help us identify the most important features to launch next. So, keep it coming! You can always submit additional comments or feedback directly via the app by selecting “Send Us App Feedback” from the top left (‘hamburger’) menu.
The Seller App helps you monitor the health of your business and provide great customer service, including the ability to respond to buyer messages on the go. Sellers who use the app have been shown to have a higher seller rating than those who do not.
To keep up on what’s new with the app, make sure you have the latest version (iOS, Android and stay tuned for updates via Seller News. We will also launch in-app tutorials for can’t-miss feature updates.
Like talking to us?
A number of your questions were requests for features in the app. We’ll start with the questions, and we’ve grouped the feature requests afterwards for readability.
**1. “Why are some items in the ‘hamburger menu’ and others on the main screen, with some items on both? There doesn’t seem to be any logic to it.” - @BarryM, UK
Our goal is to ensure our tools are easy to find and our experiences are consistent across devices so we modeled some of our in-app navigation based on the Seller Central website design. Items in the top left menu (also known as the hamburger menu) reflect the tabs on the top of the Seller Central website. The items on the app home screen are secondary navigation items, which you can view by hovering over the tabs on the Seller Central website. We will revisit this app navigation as we release new features in order to provide quick access to critical business workflows as they become available.
2. “I would like to see business reports folded into the app. It’s a pain to have to go to the mobile site to get quick business report information.” - @GotIt_Products, USA
Amazonians love data and we agree that the app is a great tool to help you see the status of your business at a glance. We are actively working on making more metrics available.
Today, you can use the sales charts on the home screen to analyze your sales. Tap a bar in the sales chart to see sales by ASIN. Then, tap again a specific ASIN to see the sales trend for that particular ASIN. Tap the settings wheel to select the date range or units.
Tip: to compare today’s sales against the same day last week, tap the settings wheel and select “Last 30 days”.
3. Current Balance shows next estimated disbursement amount and not actual balance. Could both be displayed? - @BarryM, UK
Not right now. In the mobile app we display the current balance and next disbursement date for standard orders, but not for invoiced orders as these balances can have different disbursement dates. The current balance displayed is the same as shown in Seller Central for standard orders and may vary from the amount transferred based on new activity in your seller account, including: product sales, fees, refunds, chargebacks, and A-to-z Guarantee claims. For details on Pay by Invoice, see our help page.
4. “Is it possible to put the carrier tracking number and mark it ship on the Amazon seller App?” - @Deep_Discount_Center, USA
Yes, it is possible to add tracking information and confirm a shipment in the app. For merchant fulfilled unshipped orders, tap ‘Manage Orders’ and then tap ‘Confirm Shipment’ to enter ship date, carrier, shipping service, and tracking ID.
5. Is it possible to increase the size of the fonts for older sellers?" - @Deep_Discount_Center, USA
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We tested the font size control on Android and iOS and discovered that the iOS version of the Seller App does not support font size accessibility. Our team is working to correct this, and we will support using larger font sizes on iOS this year.
To change the font size on Android: Open the “Settings” menu on your Android device. Scroll down and tap on “Accessibility”, tap “Font Size”, and modify the font to your desired setting. This same font size will be used in the Amazon Seller App.
Features in the works
• A link for each item in your inventory that will direct to the product’s page on Amazon. @PattyEsc, USA
• The ability to view multiple Amazon stores (e.g., United States, France, and Japan) in the app without signing out. @Nomad, USA; @Western_Outlets, USA
• Receiving push notifications for multiple Amazon stores without signing out. @Angelic_Pretty, USA
• The ability to view and reply to support cases within the app. @Nomad, USA
Features we plan to build next
• Visibility into categories and products requiring approval & the ability to apply for approval directly within the app. @PattyEsc, USA
• Displaying more detailed information regarding account deactivation in the Account Health section of the app. @WillsFamilyStore, USA
Features we will evaluate for future development
• Notifications when you have a new product review or seller feedback. @heritage_wholesale_, USA; @SDC, USA; @Nomad, USA
• Buyer Seller Messages unified inbox for all Amazon stores (e.g., Australia, Germany, Mexico) you sell in. @The_Seal_Extrusion_C, UK
• The ability to add keywords and create new advertising campaigns. @CableDude, USA
• The ability to scroll to see if you are the featured offer in the Buy Box. @TheGreaterGood, USA Read more about things you can do to increase your chances of being the featured offer.
• View the status and tracking of customer returns. @Shubhangi_Kitchenwar, India
• Toggling Seller Fulfilled Prime on/off. @papyrophilia, USA
• Browsing and commenting in the Amazon Seller Forums. @DK_DESIGNER, USA
• Printing packing slips and buy shipping for multiple orders in one action. @RobertAtIVC, USA
• A-to-z Claims notifications and details. @Curios_House, UK
Want to talk to another team at Amazon in the next Q&A? Tell us which team here.