Automatically Suspended? What can I do?

Hi all!

I just recently opened an Amazon.au account, but it was automatically suspended as they need documentation for verification purposes.

They say they require the following documents:

“Please provide the following documents and confirm that there is a valid credit card on file:
– A bill that is dated within the last 90 days for piped or natural gas, electricity, piped water, or internet service with name and address visible
– Business license, if applicable.”

The issue I am facing is that my business does not actually pay for any utilities as I currently live and run the business in a family members apartment, free of cost. Therefore, I am unable to provide the above. Is there any other documents I can provide Amazon to get unsuspended?

Thanks in advance for your help!

In order to prevent fraud, the documents need to be the same as the details you registered your account with. Even if you’re running the business from a different address to your own, as it is “a business” it should be registered with the appropriate tax authority for your location. If you’re using a different address for business purposes, that needs to be registered too. Your credit card also needs to verified and have an available small balance on it (around £5 or $10 AUS). If you cannot provide the documents to match your registration you will not be able to get verified and will thus remain suspended.

Hi Retro, Thanks for taking the time to respond.

The business itself is registered on the same address that I have on my Amazon account and the same address connected to my card. However, as mentioned, I cannot provide Amazon with any utility documents, as I do not receive any on the company name, due to living there rent-free.

So I’m a little stuck on what type of evidence will suffice in this case?

OK. You should have a tax document with a tax reference on it from your revenue authority. That may help in place of a utility bill. Advise seller support of your situation and advise that you don’t directly pay for any utilities.

Would a bank statement suffice? That should have the correct name and address on it?

I suppose it would depend if the name on the statement is the same as the business, Peter? You know how it is with Amazon, everything has to match up and rightly so.

Hi @PeterB . I have just sent over my Bank statement and a copy of my company registration with Companies house. I hope this will do the job. Everything on those documents links to the address, including my card.

If this fails, I guess I’ll have to go with @Retro_Emporium advice and just tell SS that I don’t pay any utility bills. I just hope It doesn’t cause more issues for me though!

Thanks for the replies!

Hope you can get it sorted out!

Hopefully these docs will suffice and you’ll be up and running. All the best :slight_smile:

Seems to have done the trick @PeterB! I can officially sell in Australia :smiley:

Would either you or @Retro_Emporium happen to know if there are any Tax repercussions if I were to send stock to a friend in Australia who would package my products and send them to FBA warehouses?

Appreciate the help!

There would definitely be some form of GST or import duties, I would suspect.

Hi good afternoon plz can you tell us why the account has not been opened its a brand new account we have not sold anything or listed anything on your site , we have provided all the information requested by amazon

plz can you let us know what other information is required to get our new account opened

Forums do not control accounts, try using ‘the help’ button on your account (top right hand side of your screen… Messages | Help | Settings.)

You should also have notifications under ‘Manage Your Case Log’.

Good Luck,

I have just had the same issue opened a amazon.com NA account through the “Sell internationally” link on the seller hub.

Straight away my Amazon.com NA account is suspended stating…

“Please provide the following documents and confirm that there is a valid credit card on file:
– A bill that is dated within the last 90 days for piped or natural gas, electricity, piped water, or internet service with name and address visible
– Business license, if applicable”

and my Amazon.co.uk account is also suspended stating

“we found that your account is related to an account that may not be used to sell on our site. As a result, you may no longer sell on Amazon.co.uk.”

am awaiting amazons response

I need this kinda business. All profit with no overhead…….

Hi,

You won’t be able to open an account unless you have utility bills in your name at a proper address, you can use your home address.

Amazon are very strict on signing up and make it very difficult on purpose to deter less determined sellers. When you are on it’s great though! I had to have a complete day off work just to sort it.

Mike.

One tip, make a note somewhere safe of what you tell them, I can never remember if I they have my home or business address, or which phone number etc.

Thanks Mike, I have a UK account which was starting to do pretty well had that all set up and working with credit card info and address and documents all fine, as soon as i clicked complete registration for the .com NA account it didn’t give me more than an hour before suspending both, why not just ask me to provide the documents?

I hope i don’t loose my inventory and have to relist as there is / was 277 products