user profile
Sign in
user profile

Big chunk of inventory vanished

by Seller_2tFFZMJtc4QEf

I inquired Amazon about it and they have been able to reimburse the missing 26 units for one particular ASIN in that same shipment. No luck with the other ASIN of which 56 units are missing! Their response was:

Upon further investigation, we have found that the units mentioned below are marked as “Investigation Completed – shipment contents counted and confirmed”.

FNSKU- XXXXXXXX, -56

When receiving items in the fulfillment center, we physically count units being received. If we find quantity discrepancies between what we received and what was expected per the shipment details, we initiate a second physical check to re-count the units received.

Items are marked “Investigation Completed – shipment contents counted and confirmed” in Seller Central when we have completed the second physical check, and the quantity discrepancy still exists.

In response to your request, we have completed a further review. This review confirmed that we have no record of receiving the units in question, therefore no reimbursement for these units will be issued.

The shipment is closed now;

I sent the shipment in full after labelling, they have the complete invoice that shows all the units that should have arrived. My guess is that UPS lost some boxes but, shouldn’t that be covered by the insurace?

A bit lost here, any help would be appreciated

Tags: ASIN, SKU
50 replies
50 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_xDtaDZ1Iek9Fq
In reply to: Seller_2tFFZMJtc4QEf’s post

is this a multi-boxes shipment?

We avoided sending in more than 3 SKU per box and more than 1 box per shipment. Even with that, we had SKU counted incorrectly and transfer between shipments! So 1 SKU will be 2 short on 1 shipment but over 2 on the other. Which we know is not possible as it won’t fit in the box!

So depends on what the value of the SKU and how they were sent in. You might want to write MD.

user profile
Seller_cedsnRIkO32W2

Was it all in the same box or several boxes?

Either way, I’d be going to the carrier now with invoices demanding reimbursement and compensation.

Then legal action against the carrier as item not received by recipient.

user profile
Seller_ZQsFwCENU5IQf
This post has been deleted
user profile
Seller_vJ9R9Gx5ZyGzC
This post has been deleted
user profile
Seller_lu7Vgj72OcUQJ

Mine too and trying to get a decent answer off amazon is beyond belief. 3 boxes were sent it - 2 of the boxes had 1 sku inside with qty of 30 in each of the boxes - showed as receiving correctly and now dissapeared from my inventory. Trying to resolve is so stressful.
I absolutely hate selling on amazon now - just come back on after 10 weeks and stressed already. Is it worth it?

user profile
Seller_7WLrNxqVNqkN2

We have had this before, it is something to do with being checked in. We lost about 10 units of an ASIN, emailed many times with no joy and then they all appeared again about 2 weeks later! Very strange. So many wait if they have not been missing long? We have had this a few times now as well.

user profile
Seller_x1xMSBwZsJrTE

It might not be UPS’s fault.

Last December I sent in 3 boxes of the same SKU to Amazon.com (3 x 62 units). They checked in 2 boxes and stole the other one. I found the missing stock quite by chance being sold in Germany by AMAZON!

Amazon denied all knowledge and said no units were missing, even though I sent them screen shots as evidence to their crime.

After a lot of arguing they then came up with FOUR different figures as to how much stock I actually had, and in the end only paid me for 23 missing units.

Several months later they came up with another 9 units, and then only about a month or two back, completely out of the blue they paid me for a further 24 units.

They fobbed me off on the remaining units saying they had ‘over-counted’ one of my earlier shipments (which does appear to be true). However, it’s funny how they never bothered to take into account that they had under-counted on some other shipments…

I still don’t know what the true situation is because their inventory management system is so bad that even their own reps haven’t got a clue what’s going on, hence the reason they kept coming up with different figures all the time.

I checked through my inventory reconciliation reports to find out how many units were in stock at certain times and how many had been sent/sold/lost/found, etc.

It’s a complete nightmare trying to figure out their inventory reports but it’s the only way I could convince them that they were wrong.

Just keep on at them and whatever they tell you, don’t believe a word of it.

user profile
Seller_jFk77S8YBxQBH

Same problem missing stock (39 Units) and same replies back from amazon. Impossible to get anywhere with them as. Items were definitely sent (all in one box) yet they say we didn’t send them yet there is a history of problems in FBA warehouses of items going missing or mislaid. FBA centre in question is Luton.

Also I advise everyone to check “Inventory Adjustments” in their amazon reports section as every month items go missing from your inventory and you can only get reimbursed if you contact seller support 30 days after an inventory adjustment. This is one thing amazon does not automatically reimburse you for.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post