user profile
Sign in
user profile

Business buyer wants a VAT invoice

by Seller_JLVJpixEZB2lX

How do i go about this please i am not VAT registered. Amazon has sent me a message to say i need to send details to 2 orders and not sure how to proceed. Thick persons instructions please

Thanks in advance

Tags: Registration
39 replies
39 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_zRxGmTYygCKIT
In reply to: Seller_JLVJpixEZB2lX’s post

We’re not VAT registered either. So download a copy from our website.

But if you don’t have that capability, then just do it in excel and print to PDF.

user profile
Seller_gOlDFgS5Li5Jc

you can not send a vat invoice as you are not vat registered but you must send an invoice/receipt to them
there are many free invoice generators on google just mention in one of the boxes that they havent been charged vat for the transaction

user profile
Seller_2BrPSydGy6oyq

As you are not VAT registered, then you can’t provide a VAT invoice, but as advised above, best to just create an invoice and upload, state either no VAT charged, or 0.00 VAT, or not vat registered?

user profile
Seller_DROodOAYHftnc

There have been several threads about this over the past few months.
You have to create your own invoice/receipt.
Many of us who are in the same situation as you and not VAT registered use www.invoice-generator.com
You need to change the currency to GBP, enter the info required, download it to your computer then upload it to Amazon via the ‘Upload Invoice’ button.

user profile
Seller_JLVJpixEZB2lX

Thanks Jilly appreciated
Alison

user profile
Seller_QxstRAEa55lu2

I get asked this now and again. With books there is no VAT in the UK, and only 4% in Spain, so after reminding the buyer of this (that its not worth the effort, basically), I usually reply that the buyer placed their order with Amazon. The buyer contract was made via Amazon. My (separate) contract of sale is with Amazon, as I don’t see the money until they deign to pay me the net proceeds. Furthermore, Amazon might have charged VAT, but I don’t. Therefore, the responsibility for a VAT invoice falls on Amazon.
I don’t know if this is technically correct, but it usually sends customers away without any further response! If they insist anyway, I just cobble together an invoice from the Amazon email and delivery details page, indicating the commissions I pay etc, so I cannot be seen to be liable for the full value of the purchase cost.

user profile
Seller_tKLSFTtx6f51Y

Hi mate, this is what I do. I just made a template in Word and fill it in as needed, print it to PDF and attach to Amazon:

Of course if you get LOTS of orders then you’d want something less manual.

If you’re not VAT registered (and I’m not even business registered as I don’t make enough revenue), then you can’t possibly provide a VAT breakdown, only a sales receipt like the above (which you must now supply to business users).

Only ever had one business order, but it must have sufficed as I didn’t hear anything further.

user profile
Seller_xUKHc5xSYJmI4

If you are running a business you are required to provide an invoice if the customer requests one. It does not matter if you are VAT registered or not. There are far too many sellers on line who run a business but do not provide trading information. Sometimes it appears its some sort of Tax evasion.

user profile
Seller_DROodOAYHftnc

Amazon have said that that is not sufficient (it does state it on their help page regarding business buyer invoices but cannot find it at the moment), and it is now mandatory to be uploaded to the site.

user profile
Seller_iE1dIDiy7MSpc

Just include an invoice in the package that you send to the customer.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post