Changing over EAN Codes and uploading stock in EU (DE) ISSUE HELP!

Hi all,

I have been in an awkward situation where I was uploading a flat file for inventory into DE from UK but coming back with errors. After raising this with Amazon DE they have advised me that its due to the EAN numbers linked with the products. I previously purchased numbers via eBay not knowing about GS1 but about a year ago I purchased GS1 and have done all my listings with those codes.

I want to change over the codes as DE have requested the following and not sure what to do:

I would like to inform you that the information requested is necessary as the Product Ids mentioned in the feed file could be processed. As few of the product ids might have been GS1 registered or not.

In order for us to approve your account’s usage of these Product Ids with the brand name ’ zoaun’, we need the following:
The proof of affiliation can be in the form of:

1. Copyright
  2. Trademark
  3. Legal Agreement
  4. Letter of Affiliation
  5. Email

Please note that the proof of affiliation:

1. Should be clear & legible
  2. Should contain letterhead (preferably with logo)
  3. The letter must also include the issuer’s name, the point of contact at the brand or manufacturer so that Amazon can contact to verify (this can also be found in the footer of the letter or indicated in text)
  4. The affiliation between the Brand & the Barcode Owner should be clearly called out
  5. The letter should be authentic (see Signs of a Digitally Manipulated Document here)

Now can I change over the EAN codes and then submit the information? Or shall I give them a call and explain the situation to them (scared of anything happening to the account with having a lot of stock there).

Also with reference to the email and what they have asked for I am a small business and do not have a trademark or legal agreement. I do have a GS1 account and my own company email address but what can I provide them to resolve this?

Any help will be forever grateful.

Thank you!!!

My suggestion would be not to make any changes to the listings prior to getting approved and providing Amazon all requested information.

They gave you multiple different options to choose from:

1. Copyright
  2. Trademark
  3. Legal Agreement
  4. Letter of Affiliation
  5. Email

Whatever you decide to provide needs to meet the additional criteria mentioned in the notice.