Contacting a Customer Is Impossible! Amazon are idiots!

I simply don’t get it.

The customer has opted out, fine, i get that, but now the stupid system will only contact them with certain options.
Returns, Legal and Coordinate large items.

I want to do other so i can attach some relevant photos.

Why on earth have they greyed them out when there is a return going on. Why on earth would they not give me the add attachments option in the returns messages.

Amazon simply are idiots

Any ideas please?

Paul

Just received an automated message from Amazon to say the buyer has opted out from my message.

Buyer’s parcel returned for a reason ‘Not called for’, and I wanted to let the buyer know in case she may have forgotten.

It’s so wrong; communication is key. Apparently, for my message, it’s not critical. That’s an awful service.

Just refund and mark as ‘refused delivery’, She can reorder if she still wants it.

Is the option marked “Other” not available to you? In that option you can contact the customer using the Additional information required option and then use IMPORTANT as the first word of your message. This option is only for important issues and should not be used otherwise. If you are trying to resolve an order issue, this is the best way, if available to you.

Greyed out, ridiculous service!
I just don’t know who makes these decisions.

I assume they are trying to stop spam messages and make them relevant, but in the same tim ethey have made it a tonne worse.

Copy the buyer’s Amazon email into your email software and send your message with any attachments. Worth a try?

The [IMPORTANT] thing is only if sending an email to the buyer’s Amazon email from your own email (not via Seller Central). It’s best to send a message through Seller Central and select “Additional information required”.

It makes no difference whether you send from your email or via Amazon’s email system.
It will go through their servers anyway. So if the customer is opted out, it will be bounced.

If the email is important, then use the option “Additional information required”.
There is no need to write the word important in the message when doing it this way.
The only time that you need to do that, is if sending an email from your own email. But not in the message, you add the word to the subject line.

I agree with the original poster though, their email system is simply not fit for use!

It’s so frustrating trying to contact customers, particularly when trying to arrange delivery, that they simply don’t get the email or it goes in the spam folder.
Amazon simply send FAR TOO MANY emails, which is why so many get marked as spam!

Think you missed the rest of my post! :grin:

Yes, that is what I meant. Use seller central, not personal email. Should have made it a bit clearer.

I am only speaking as advised by SS. It’s what I’ve always done and (so far anyway), it usually gets a response. Some people won’t respond even if they get your message. Oh for the days of writing letters in the post !

“Amazon simply are i****”

I could not agree more with you :slight_smile:

You are correct.

We are now paying the consequences of Amazon letting Chinese scammers run riot on the site. Instead of getting rid of the root cause of problem Amazon have used a sledgehammer to attack the symptoms.

Plus…we are not able to block these kind of customers as well.
It happened with us many times and honestly I always save customer,s number as amazon will never help to resolve these issues.

Totally agree.
When someone buys something from you should be able to maintain contact until order has arrived, and further until any disputes are settled amicably.
ONLY if an issue developes should Amazon intercede, and act as middle man(as they are in any case),then take control over the 2 parties,establish facts,ie faulty item,non receipt of,and the biggy…suspicious fraud, deal with the matter,and then reach a common sense decision.
Amazon are too heavy handed when it comes to refunding a third party without YOUR permission…its biased,PREJUDICIAL and simply unfair.
Too often they refund without full investigation and always in the buyers favour.
How can this be so?
How can so many fraudsters recieve an item,still claim a refund,and Amazon apply it.
Simply…Amazon does not take the hit,the small seller or independent trader does.
It’s a pain,its wrong and it stinks.

I have got an A-Z claim because of costumer not responding. It’s getting more and more complicated

Unfortunately this is amazon for you dont care about the seller only look after the buyers , well lets hope one day all sellers decide to move away from selling on amazon as they have no respect for the sellers who generate them lots of commission , they dont have a customer services department who you can call for advise and to allow customers to opt out of receiving messages well whats all this about

Hi, use ‘Additional Information Required’ in the message header these get through regardless of if they have opted out.

And yet you’re still here ??

I assume the buyer requested these photos?

If so why can’t you reply to their message or is it that message showing up as not received?