user profile
Sign in
user profile

Custom products no longer eligible for returns

by News_Amazon

Starting 15 February 2023, custom and personalised products purchased on Amazon will no longer be eligible for returns.

We know it can be difficult to accept returns of customised products as they may be hard to reuse or resell. This policy makes it clear to customers that their customised product purchases are final and saves you from manually authorising returns requests.

Custom products ineligible for returns include those that are made to order or personalised with names, designs, or inscriptions. For more information on product customisation, go to Amazon Custom.

To learn more about items eligible for returns, go to About Our Returns Policies.

Tags: News and announcements
41 replies
41 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_7VbclcPFFRTnc
In reply to: News_Amazon’s post

Excellent news

user profile
Seller_dTPPOE3wi8Ow7

Fabulous news…

user profile
Seller_ejwc84JNL5Uk6

Terrific news

user profile
Seller_KQLpGZEAgVLhz

Yay, that is fantastic news

user profile
Seller_O8uJKvMnYDGVw

I was always under the impression custom items were non-returnable, and were always at the seller’s discretion.

user profile
Seller_RcApN52L8C1ZV

That is excellent news although I would love to see/know how this will be communicated to the customer. Personally, we always use what is typically a mistake in spelling etc… as a customer service opportunity and try and help the customer where possible but I do fear that sales will fall if this is not communicated correctly and therefore causes panic to the customer but welcome news for sure.

user profile
Seller_ZjZ4slOF0jHpk

My listings (Handmade) had “Not returnable unless damaged or defective…” etc., before November. They then reverted back to “returnable within…” along with an email from Amazon (I think) saying the change would be for Dec/Jan only. So is this not just a return (no pun) to what it was before?

user profile
Seller_xUKHc5xSYJmI4

I am a little confused on Amazon conditions of use and sale they make references to personalised as exempt from returns and then they introduced prepaid returns policy and included them in the returns policy now they are applying the conditions of use and sale again.

user profile
Seller_EeJ1yGk01BLHs

Great news for custom product sellers… Clarity like this is needed in other areas of Amazon policies. Amazon could be a Paradise for sellers… That’s a step in the right direction, well done Amazon…

user profile
Seller_lljyzgTxr5fgI

It is good to see a common sense application for once. Somebody has obviously made a conscious decision on this matter…for the better.

Go to original post