Deactivation through association with another account

Hi

I received notice of deactivation of my seller account last night at the weird time of 2:36am?

Below was my reply

"19 January 2020 04:02 GMT
The root cause of the issue
Hi
We think the problem was with another account that was deactivated due
to no activity? The account was initially going to be used to resell small
priced items household items but we have since decided to focus our efforts
elsewhere. Hence, the little activity on the account. However, we understand
your concerns.

The actions that you have taken to resolve the issue
The there has been a request to close the account in question immediately.

Case ID******3042 .

The steps that you have taken to prevent the issue going forward
We plan to expand our inventory exponentially and deactivations will
thwart that process therefor, there will be no other accounts associated with
the Drinks On Tap account going forward. We hope this will be sufficient. "

My questions are:

1. Was my reply sufficient enough
  2. What else ,other than closing the other account, can I do to resolve this situation as soon as possible.

Kindest Regards

I think you have to include in your root causes that you were unaware that unless sellers have permission they cannot open more than one seller account. That due to this ignorance another seller account was partially opened but that you then requested it to be closed (quoting case ID as you’ve done in your above draft)

Amazon will want to know that you have now read the rules around this and will want an assurance that it won’t happen again. They’ll want you to provide a link to what you have read.

I’d also suggest you simplify your languange as the Seller Performance operative reading your response may not have English as their 1st language. Phrases such as:

are likely to lead to confusion. Confusion = account remaining suspended.

In addition to @Isabella 's excellent advice please be aware that if you are successfully reinstated a sudden and unexpected surge in listings and sales is likely to result in further sanctions, such as a listing ban until you prove yourselves, and a freeze on your funds, or a large reserve, to safeguard against you piling up orders, banking the money and running without dispatching anything…
As a new seller take it slowly until Amazon have gained some knowledge of you and your operation.

Hi

So, after sending amazon the following:

"20 January 2020 02:27 GMT
Additional information
Hi

Just to be clear, Id would like to state that I was unaware that I couldn’t have more than 1 sellers account, and due to this temporary ignorance on my behalf, another seller account was partially opened. However, I have requested that account to be closed (Case ID5828783042).

In light of this mistake, I have since read the terms and conditions surrounding sellers account and I assure you nothing like this will ever happen again

I understand that the path to being an amazon top seller needs a steady and careful approach and going forward, I will be more careful by checking amazon seller guidelines before making decisions to do with amazon.

I apologise for any inconveniences caused.

Kindest Regards"

To which they replied with:

“Hello,
We reviewed your account and the information you provided, and we have decided that you may not sell on Amazon.com.
Please ship any open orders. If you have funds in your account, they will be available after any amounts paid for A-to-z claims or chargebacks on your orders have been deducted. This usually takes about 90 days, but funds may be held longer.
You can see your balance and settlement information in the Payments section of Seller Central. If you have questions about those, please write to payments-funds@amazon.com.
Sincerely,
Seller Performance Team
Amazon.com
Sincerely,
Seller Performance Team
Amazon.co.uk

Im panicking. Especially as I have limited capital, and now they’re saying because of suspension, they have frozen the money Im owed. The following is the highest figure on my account health, all others figures are 0.

Is there any other course of action that anybody can recommend?

Kind regards

Unfortunately, even though you appear to have identified the linked account your POA was much too short and lacking in detail.
Basically you stated that
“Sorry we made a mistake and tried to open a second account, which we have now requested be closed. We promise we won’t do this again”

That isn’t really enough to explain why you tried to open another account.
Why were you doing that? What were you going to sell through the new account that you couldn’t sell through the original account? And why didn’t you simply reactivate the first account that had lain dormant?
You need to address all that so that Amazon can understand your motives and reasoning.
Then you need to show what steps you have taken since becoming aware of the multi account issue.
Reading policy is good, but you need then to name and link the specific pages, so that Amazon can see you have this right.

On top of that you have a late dispatch issue.
Why?
Don’t bring that up in the POA because it wasn’t part of the suspension reason, but get any orders dispatched and resolve the issues that caused late dispatch so that if reinstated this is no longer a problem.

Obviously I think “No” to the first question, and for the second…
Nothing, you need to resolve the verification on the original account before you will be able to proceed and in all likelihood Amazon will then want to close the second account not the first as the second account is the one that is against policy.
There is a slim chance of Amazon allowing closure of the first application if you explain yourself well, and allow the continuation of account two, but I don’t think the odds are high on that.