Discontinued ASIN Reviews showing up under new parent ASIN

Hi Everyone,

A strange thing has happened in the last week in that reviews from my previous ASIN’s (older 2017 & 2018 Versions of my product) have started showing up on my 2019 listing despite those old ASINs having been deleted.

About a year ago they started assigning reviews to each variation but that seems to have stopped now and now they seem to be allowing the old reviews too comeback.

I would be really grateful if someone could give me some idea why this is happening as Seller Support are not being very helpful on the matter.

Many thanks

Detail pages normally cannot be deleted from Amazon’s catalogue but will remain it’s permanent part.

It sounds like Amazon detected the abandoned listings as duplicates and merged them with the new ASINs.

This would explain the product reviews being added there.

Thank Kika,

I don’t think they will think they are duplicates as the variations are different colours which are not sold anymore.

How do I get these ASINs un-merged as they are different products and are now made differently with different materials so the old reviews are not relevant whether they are good or bad.

Thanks in advance.

Has anyone experienced this?

So I deleted the listings completely, left it for 24 hours and then re-listed one of the ASINS.

To start with the only reviews that appeared were the ones directly linked to that ASIN.
However 12 hours later 19 reviews from other ASINs have become attached to this ASIN.

I really need to remove them but seller central are not helpful.

Any ideas on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks