user profile
Sign in
user profile

Dropshippers and a-z claims

by Seller_58y2FhNkywdyp

This is getting ridiculous now, I have had 4 a-z claims recently ALL with a different buyers name from the delivery address name.

selling low value books it makes no sense to send tracked.

I have opened cases with 2 of them repeatedly telling amazon that its dropshoppers and to investigate the buyers account but they take no notice at all.

after xmas I feel 99% of my stock will be shifted to the bay.

and then we get these polls asking if we feel that amazon support us - what rot!

Tags: Fees
616 replies
616 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_HU09FGdJ07Hys
In reply to: Seller_58y2FhNkywdyp’s post

If you ship with MyHermes, tracking is included in the price, £.2.84 up to kg.2 with parcel2go. Try it.
Guy

user profile
Seller_1OBWMLhvcpJAK

This has happened to me recently too, if you don’t have tracking and a signature then the A-Z is automatically granted. I even have an email from the addressee (I wrote to them snail mail to check if they had received the book) confirming receipt and saying that they were very happy with it. It’s blatant fraud by unscrupulous dropshippers. To crown it all they left negative feedback, ‘package didn’t arrive’. With low value items it really isn’t worth using tracking. With over 15 years selling books on Amazon and using RM I’ve only known a couple of parcels to genuinely go astray, and my feedback from customers nearly always mentions quick delivery. I’m going to have to reconsider selling on here if it happens to me again. Things ain’t what they used to be.

user profile
Seller_Rds42gzScDQFa

I know the feeling well which is why I removed all of my books from Amazon and now sell them elsewhere. If I have a feeling a buyer is a drop shipper I highlight the price paid and my seller details that are on the packing list and send the item signed for regardless of the selling price.

I’d rather make a loss on a few items that put my account at risk.

user profile
Seller_bhSWqoVh7Pn98

Get a RM Account, you then obtain a 2D Barcode on each package. It is free of charge.

Amazon still do not let you win A-Z Claims, BUT it stops most claims, as the RM person scans the barcode when delivered, so they know you know it arrived ok, and most Buyers then don’t claim non-delivery

user profile
Seller_d5xGVic0qWqw7

i would start shipping with amazon.
the only way you will be covered.

For large letters they charge £1.47 but atleast your covered and then amazon will fund them and it puts them off when they claim from amazon.

We have peice of mind since shipping with amazon. Very few claim non reciept. am sure if they continue claiming amazon will close them down if paid from their own pocket

user profile
Seller_hCd0yQhBsBOSx

Enjoy your Gift! Yip they are out of control and abusing Amazon policy for information storage ‘off platform’, using the API to ‘suck out the data’ then storing on eBay or their own websites. Amazon don’t give a hoot, nor do eBay. The make claims all the time and you can see automated claims will come next. I really hate this DS culture.

user profile
Seller_TH9DATW06Doc2

I traded last xmas but much fewer ASINs so to say it’s been crazy busy so far is an understatement. I assume A-Z’s and negative feedback in generally tends to go up during xmas period. I even saw the message from amazon about how to maintain good metrics during xmas period.

Even if you are on the ball and are shipping everything out on time, the couriers are mega busy and you would assume more prone to making mistakes around this time.

user profile
Seller_ngCKLoKdgMSSd

I had a dropshipper claiming to have not received the book that I posted to their customer - I called their bluff and said that I apologise profusely for the item not being received but that under no circumstance would I let the matter drop and that I intended to contact the addressee with full details of the order and costing and ask them to confirm via email to me whether indeed they had received the item. I asked the dropshipper to let me know within 24hours if they wanted me to proceed with this course of action on their behalf. I never heard another word! cant think why??

user profile
Seller_Xq95Pg8ftUhtI

Cant you just add the cost difference between normal and recorded post onto the tracking and record everything? if your advertising as free postage and the difference is 80p to track maybe add 80p postage?

There has to be a way better than just leaving amazon, if your sales drop 50% because you added 80p postage in order to protect yourself its better than your sales dropping 100% and you will also have the added satisfaction that you are protected against the scumbags so when they try and rip you off you can professionally give them the middle finger.

user profile
Seller_6a8N8O2k2Vqlp

I got A-Z claims granted in favour of the customer even though providing a tracking number with signature request. I was pulling my hair out after Amazon still granted a customer’s claim of “didn’t receive the item” despite I provided a tracking number showing the item as delivered and also signed by the recipient with a timestamp and photo. Customer didn’t even bother providing evidence but a claim saying “I did not receive it”. So as long as customers say simply that they didn’t receive the product, there is no way of winning an A-Z claim. Because Amazon couldn’t care less about the seller, they just want to make crying whinging customers happy no matter what. Talking to seller support is no different than talking to a chatbot who was instructed to give only copy/paste templates. I am so disgusted by all this Amazon’s biased approach.

Go to original post