Failed verification

After I provided scans of what they wanted last night I received this email this morning.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Dear Seller,

We were unable to verify the information you provided when registering for a Selling on Amazon payment account and, as a result, your Selling on Amazon payment account could not be opened. Unfortunately, this means that you will not be able to continue to sell on Amazon.

Please take appropriate steps to resolve any open orders. Note that any amounts paid as a result of A-to-z Guarantee claims and chargebacks may be deducted from the balance in your existing Seller Account.

Please do not hesitate to contact Seller Support with any questions you may have:
https://sellercentral-europe.amazon.com/gp/contact-us/contact-amazon-form.html

Kind regards,
Amazon Payments

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

So someone from verification team just basically gave me two fingers and said I can’t sell for no reason. I provided scan of passport, scan of electricity and gas bill + scan of my tax return letter showing my UTR number. I checked everything over for inaccuracies and there were none. All information I provided was correct and matches what is shown on the documents. In fact, when I uploaded my electricity and gas bill, a green text message appeared saying address information matches.

Isn’t the upload supposed to be a PDF file not a scan?
You may simply not have provided the info in a format they find acceptable…

Over the past few weeks, there were lots of sellers reporting having their scanned documents rejected.

You should have taken pictures using a high resolution phone instead.

However, I’m afraid at this point any additional communication with Amazon can be difficult or take long, since you already received their final decision.

Anyway, I would advise you to try e-mailing them again with photos of the documents.

I was required to complete verification for sole trader and sent a photo of my UTR confirmation letter (I believe you need the first letter that states your UTR) and this was all I sent to be confirmed within 24 hrs. I have noticed that there was a search on my credit history from Amazon so I presume it may be something that was on the credit file that doesn’t match and the scans of documents you sent, have you looked on your credit file to check addresses are correct and that you are on the electoral register with the correct address.

Not knowing much about the verification process I can only say what my experience was.

I took photos and emailed them over. Yesterday I received an email from performance saying my account is still under review but noticed that my account status now went from ‘invalid’ to ‘Information provided and pending validation.’ On homepage it now says ‘Thank you for providing us the required information. Your account is being verified, and we will get back to you if we require additional information.’

Hopefully should get verified ok now.