False statement in the product feedback from the buyer

I have a following problem with one customer who purchased the product I am a maker of. He ordered a product in size small and wrote a feedback of the product (1 star and it’s the only one) stating that the product is too small and he messaged me about not giving him a refund but didn’t get it.

First of all I didn’t get any message from him where he stated he would like a refund. Also he didn’t start return process through an ebay. The product review is not a product review and includes a false statement about the refund process and he admits the size his wrong (however the full sizing is giving in the product description, together with how to measure the wrist circumference to choose the size correctly). I messaged him that I am ready to ship the product size larger or he has to start a return process but I got no response from him. It looks like he just wants a refund and keep the product.

Would amazon remove such a product review?

Amazon will only remove the review if it is ENTIRELY reviewing the product. If he mentions any defects, refunds or delivery services it will not be removed. Don’t know why you’ve mentioned Ebay in this? You can click on the Actions button next to the review and then click on remove. If the system accepts your request, the review will be removed. If it doesn’t then you just have to accept it and move on as it is unlikely it will be removed by opening a case.

Sounds like a familiar story. The product dimensions are on the product listing and the customer claims its too small. Therefore the customer has ordered the wrong size item. If the customer wants to return the product the process is clear just select return order and wait for the seller to approve the return. Every customer knows the process. Writing a one star review for ordering the wrong size item and claiming the seller did not refund without following the returns process shows that the customer has an alternative motive behind the review. The returns process cannot be any clearer.

We had 23 of these types of claims where there customer has deliberately ordered the wrong size item so they can try claim a full refund.

@ [Retro_Emporium]

“Don’t know why you’ve mentioned Ebay in this?”

Sorry, Amazon it is, my mistake.

“Amazon will only remove the review if it is ENTIRELY reviewing the product.” I don’t get this statement. If a product review is entirely about a product why would amazon remove it?

He made a 1 star product review where he included his false statement about me not reposnding to him about a refund (amazon can check the messages - I got no message from him prior to the review, no refund request too). And in this product review he only admitted he choose the wrong size, so all in all the product review does not include any information about the product at all.

@ [BM5]

" Writing a one star review for ordering the wrong size item and claiming the seller did not refund without following the returns process shows that the customer has an alternative motive behind the review. The returns process cannot be any clearer."

Right, that is just sad that amazon will do nothing about the customers who exploit the sellers. I have now only one 1-star review of a product which was shipped correctly according to the very exact and detailed size chart/dimensions. And the review doesn’t even include any information about the product at all. He just admitted he ordered the wrong size and stated that he’s been waiting weeks for a refund which is a total lie as he didn’t even message me or start the refund process at all as mentioned above.

Sorry, I assumed you were talking about feedback. My mistake. With regard to reviews, I don’t think there is any instance (other than profanity) where Amazon will remove a review, even if it is plainly incorrect. The reason for this is a review is just somebody’s point of view, their experience as they see it.

I see, thanks for the response. I have opened a case anyway, but the chances are super slim it appears.

Really something about a customers like this should be done. I bet it’s not the first time he’s trying to get an item for free by threathening the sellers with amazon tools (reviews etc.) and I am the victim here as it hurts my potential sales.

Amazon has removed the feedback. Thank you very much!!!

Excellent. Good result. :grinning: