Help for Newbie - account suspended!

Hello, I am a new on Amazon and i think not the first one which made a mistake and got suspended due to Selling counterfeit or illegally replicated items.
I got my items from internet , one of them was from Aliexpress ( i know! i know!!! :smiley: ). So as you quess, i have no all invoices that Amazon requires.
So I sent them what I got and send my first POA.
Response - as usual - nothing is accepted.
So i wrote another POA. acctualy i took me a week to read, analyze and write it.
And Now I know, that I have a very little chance to be heard! I need to do my best!
PLEASE, can you check it? I think you folk have much more expierence in this.
ALL your advices and tips will be very valuable to me.

Adding my POA

Dear Amazon Seller Performance Team,

Thank you for providing me with the opportunity to appeal the recent suspension of my seller’s account due to alleged Intellectual Property and Counterfeit Violations - Selling counterfeit or illegally replicated items.

I understand that Amazon takes failures to comply with their requirements very seriously and therefore I would like to present you with my Plan of Action in which I explain what I have done to resolve the issue and my further steps to prevent it from happening again.

The reason you are listing products that you are not approved to sell

1. ASIN xxx; ASIN xxx; ASIN xxx not being authentic. This was a result of our inexperience on selling on Amazon, and not conducting the appropriate research when choosing the supplier;

2. Did not conduct a thorough enough checks to make sure that the supplier had the license to sell branded merchandise, instead I took him at his word;

3. I believed that sourcing merchandise from the retailers who are unable to provide me with the valid invoices or proof of authenticity is an acceptable way to acquire inventory.

4. I have sold on another owner listing with my company’s brand name without checking if there is no ambiguity, if the part number, model number or brand (or authority) matched my product.

Steps you have taken to resolve this issue

1. I have contacted the supplier from whom I received the inventory that caused us to receive the complaints. I have requested the supplier to provide me with the documents showing the authenticity of the products sold to me, however I have not received any communication back.

2. I have contacted the Brand owner in the attempt to find out if the merchandise in my possession is authentic, I have not received any communication back.

3. The listings, which have received the complaints for not being able to prove the authenticity, have been deleted immediately and will not be reactivated in the future. In addition, all of our other listings have been deleted and will not be reopened until authenticity of the merchandise and the reliability of suppliers can be proven.

4. From my inventory list I have removed the lists that did not have a proper packaging or might violate the rights on the visual design, logo and detail page and could cause any confusion to other rights holders or customers.

5. I have carefully read all the Amazon policies multiple times, especially the ones concerning the proper ways on sourcing the inventory and Amazon’s Anti-Counterfeiting Policy to ensure that I will not violate them again.

How you will prevent this issue in the future

1. All of my inventory will be sourced from reliable sources – either directly from the manufacturing or from authorized distributors, who are licensed to sell verified products and who will be able to provide me with a valid invoices meeting Amazon’s requirements.

2. I will seek a permission from the brand owners to allow me to re-sell their products on Amazon.

3. Before listing items on Amazon, I will carefully check if they entirely match the color, description, packaging and other details on the Amazon product page. 

4. All of my product will be sold in their original packaging as listed in Amazon.

5. Will strictly follow Amazon’s Intellectual Property and Anti-Counterfeit policies – never sell any products that are not legal for sale, illegally replicated, reproduced or manufactured.

We accept full responsibility for our behavior and fully understand that we have violated Amazon’s Policy by listing and selling counterfeit or illegally replicated items by not conducting thorough checks on the suppliers, which resulted with our suspension. We understand that Amazons values customer experience extremely highly. Please consider reinstating our account and we will put all our efforts to provide excellent customer service and do everything in our power to prevent from violating Amazon values.

We hope Amazon can pardon our misstep on this occasion - a result of our inexperience on selling on Amazon.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to reinstate our selling privileges.

Sincerely,xxx

Hi
IMO your appeal is a templated appeal that you have seen on the forum and slightly adapted.
There is no depth to it.
For instance

Amazon already know you did this, what they want to see is whether you understand why this was wrong.
They need the “why” behind the errors.

Once you have identified the real root cause which led to the inauthentic claims then the rest of your plan follows naturally, showing what actions you immediately took to rectify customer issues and the individual points you raised in the root cause section.

How would you prove authenticity now if you didn’t or couldn’t do so before?
You need to detail your processes at each step, not simply write vague statements like this.

Take your poa back to the drawing board and start over by identifying the real root causes is my advice.

thank you very much for your advice! it is very helpful due reviewing my POA…
I tried to look at it from another side…
What If I would write like that. I have not finished it yet, but your look would be interesting.

Thank you for providing me with the opportunity to appeal the recent suspension of my seller’s account due to alleged Intellectual Property and Counterfeit Violations - Selling counterfeit or illegally replicated items.

I understand that Amazon takes failures to comply with their requirements very seriously and therefore I would like to present you with my Plan of Action in which I explain what I have done to resolve the issue and my further steps to prevent it from happening again.

The reason you are listing products that you are not approved to sell

• ASIN xxxx not being authentic. The supplier I have used to purchase these products, I have found on the internet and failed to conduct the proper check on the seller and the products. Seller store and the merchandise created the wrong impression of being authentic, because of the pictures and reviews on the website.

• Before purchasing the items I have asked if they are original and legal to resale, and the seller told me, that this is the case. However I failed to request the documents to support his claim. I thought that acquiring inventory from retailers without requiring them to provide invoice and documents proving the authenticity of the goods is an acceptable.

• I have listed my goods under other owner listing with my company’s brand name on Amazon . I understand that my purchase did not have relevant documents to prove the authenticity of the items and could of been misleading to any potential customers. Therefore as I understand now it was compromising the seller, the original brand and Amazon’s reputation.

Why didn’t you conduct proper checks?
Did you mean

This new start to your appeal still needs work, but is much nearer the mark than the old one was though.

Try and have someone put what you are saying into better English if you can as it will read much more easily that way.

Good luck.

Hello menuspartsx,

As per the information provided I understand that you want some recommendation in writing an effective plan of action.

After reviewing your plan of action, I would suggest that there should be more specific points to be addressed ,as the plan of action still needs some changes to be made in accordance for it to be valid and strong,

Below are the given probing points mentioned which will help you to draft a good plan of action.

Root Cause:
1 - Did you have the approval to list the brands/products that were flagged?
2 - Do you have the invoices, authorization letter or brand approval certificate to sell them?
3 - If the products that led to the issue were generic in nature, why did you list them under a branded name?
4 - If you do not have the approval, provide the reason because of which you have listed the product.

Corrective Measure:
After reviewing your corrective measure I see that you have taken all the necessary measures. Kindly ensure that the asins are completely deleted before you send the updated appeal.

Preventive Measure:
1 - What is the process you will follow while sourcing and listing branded items?
2 - What proactive steps will you take to ensure items are sourced from reliable suppliers?
3 - How will you avoid listing branded items, if you are not authorized to sell them?

In case if you have invoices then kindly submit it along with the plan of action. If in case you do not have invoices. A strong plan of action would be enough to get your account reactivated.

However mentioning the requirements needed for the invoices for your information.

1 - Invoices must be procured with in last 365 days.
2 - Must have your supplier details.
3 - Quantity in invoices must reflect the sales volume on Amazon selling account.

To send the appeal follow the below path:

Seller central home page >> Performance tab >> Performance Notification >> Check the email which Amazon sent while deactivating your account >> Send your details through the “Appeal” option so that the performance team reviews the same.

Make sure you implement the changes before providing the Plan of action.

Good Luck,
Harleen

Adrian and Harleen, thank you so much for your time and comments about my POA.
I have worked on my POA during these days,I appreciate you opinion and try to do my best.
this is my last and final POA, can you please take a look? :wink:

Thank you for providing me with the opportunity to appeal the recent suspension.
I would like to present you with my Plan of Action in which I explain what I have done to resolve the issue and my further steps to prevent it from happening again.

A) The reason you are listing products that you are not approved to sell

• ASIN xxxx not being authentic. The supplier I have used to purchase these products, I have found on the internet. The store and the merchandise created the wrong impression of being authentic, because of the pictures and reviews on the website.
• I understand that I was very naive because before purchasing the items I have asked the supplier if the items are original and legal to re-sell and the he told me that this is the case. However, I have failed to conduct the proper checks on the supplier and the products I have purchased from him. I went forward and ordered the goods without requesting for the documents supporting his claim. I have trusted only in his words and though that purchasing inventory from retailers without requiring them to provide me with the invoice and other documents proving the authenticity of the goods is acceptable.
• I have listed my goods under other owner’s listing with my company’s brand name on Amazon. I understand that my purchase did not have relevant documents to prove the authenticity of the items and could have been misleading to any potential customers.
• I understand I failed by not understanding Amazon’s policy and this action was compromising the seller, the original brand and Amazon’s reputation.

B) Steps you have taken to resolve this issue

• I have carefully re-read all Amazon‘s policies especially the ones concerning the proper ways on sourcing the inventory and Amazon’s Anti-Counterfeiting Policy to ensure that I will not violate them again.

• I have contacted the supplier and the Brand owner requesting to provide me with the documents showing authenticity of the products and approval to sell. However, I have not received any communication back.

• All the listings which have received the complaints for not being able to prove the authenticity and approval to sell, have been deleted immediately and will not be reactivated in the future.

• I am currently actively seeking and negotiating with reputable wholesalers on the European market, able to sell high-quality goods and provide documentation meeting Amazon’s requirements.

• As I understand now, any attempt to list a product using branded products, would first require to have all authenticity confirming documents from wholesaler, approval from Brand owner and Amazon. All new listings will be reviewed, checked and re-checked to ensure I am not violating Amazon‘s policy by listing unapproved brand items.

C) How you will prevent this issue in the future

• All of my inventory will be sourced from reliable sources – either directly from the manufacturing, from authorized distributors or from brand owners, who are licensed to sell verified products and who will be able to provide me with a valid authenticity documents before ordering and invoices meeting Amazon’s requirements.

• I will not list or attempt to list any products without prior written consent from the manufacture or brand owner.

• I will research any item I intend to sell in the future to ensure it meets listing requirements and documents before I attempt to list them on Amazon.

• I will aggressively monitor my listing to ensure I continue meeting the standards set by Amazon.
• Will strictly follow Amazon’s Intellectual Property and Anti-Counterfeit policies – never sell any products without authenticity documents, certificate to sell or not legal for sale, illegally replicated, reproduced or manufactured.

WE ACCEPT FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR OUR BEHAVIOR and fully understand that we have violated Amazon’s Policy
Please consider reinstating our account and we will put all our efforts to provide excellent customer service and do everything in our power to prevent violation of Amazon values in the futute.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to reinstate our selling privileges.

Sincerely, ()
phone number:

Attaching documents, that are required.