user profile
Sign in
user profile

Help! Weight of Package shows bogus missing item claim?

by Seller_JLe6KCgEI2vMC

I have a customer who claims he has received a DVD from me with the disc missing. However, the item was sent recorded and I can see from the post office receipt that it weighed 83 grams.

I have another copy of the same DVD and when I weigh it with the same packaging it also comes to 83 grammes. These identical weights prove that the disc was in the package when accepted at the Post Office counter.

The customer rather craftily has stated " I don’t know if it got taken in transit or something. Due to this unforeseen problem I would like a refund ", however I am far from convinced. It was sent inside a sealed Jiffy bag and it appears he has received everything except the disc!!!

Obviously, not best pleased here. Anyone any ideas on how to proceed?

Tags: Packaging
39 replies
39 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_jjQ4dQOPjTmqs
In reply to: Seller_JLe6KCgEI2vMC’s post

It’s very unusual for a DVD in a case + jiffy to weigh less than 100g so I wouldn’t bank on 83g being proof of content.

Explain that you confirmed the disc was present when you packed it, ask if there are signs of tampering, and would he like you to open a case of fraud with RM. That puts scammers off.

user profile
Seller_2BrPSydGy6oyq

Send the buyer a photo of the DVD (case + Disc visible + Jiffy) on the scale showing the weight, advising you take photos of orders before packed to confirm the contents, as they can see the packed weight confirms the post office postage label as being the same weights and that the disc was indeed present when posted, if the jiffy has been tampered with you will need to report to RM for an investigation with their local sorting office and postman.

I’m also surprised that a cased DVD with disc, plus jiffy bag only weighs 83grms, but if you have another to check with then must be a very light case?

user profile
Seller_JLe6KCgEI2vMC

Thanks for the replies so far. According to both the Post Office scales and my personal scales, the DVD with the case and packaging is 83 grammes. No question about it.

user profile
Seller_JLe6KCgEI2vMC

The buyer is demanding a refund and I have asked her to hold off until normal working hours on Monday. However here is the reply I received:

“Hi Monday will not do has you can understand I don’t have what I ordered for my friends birthday which is tomorrow 29th July 2018 kind regards”

user profile
Seller_Nprc5XWvdLYk9

we have had similar events previously - and each time amazon have backed us up - but only as we had the weights - so it is worth fighting!

user profile
Seller_JLe6KCgEI2vMC
This post has been deleted
user profile
Seller_JLe6KCgEI2vMC

Indeed Zeb. The birthday has no bearing whatsoever on the requirement for an urgent refund. I have written to her and asked for her to return the empty box and packaging. I have further advised her that I will then open a fraud case with Royal Mail and hand over the case and packaging to them. I await her reply.

user profile
Seller_74ijaPS0pKj8Q

Was it sealed or pre-owned?
I myself have bought sealed dvd’s which turned out to have no disks in…I remember back in the day spending my birthday money on a 3-disc boxset game called Neverwinter Nights and so disappointed when upon opening the film there were no disks inside at all!

user profile
Seller_JLe6KCgEI2vMC

The DVD was a used item. The weight on the PO receipt proves the disc was in the package as I have more copies of the same item here at the same weight with the packaging. The fact that it is “used” is neither here nor there.

Here is her latest reply. NB I said absolutely nothing to her about the DVD being “sealed”. Not a word of it.

I have contacted amazon and they are filing a claim for me what I do know is there is no dvd in the case and I only received the case with no dvd in it at all. What I do know is that case can weigh 83g on its own has sent DVDs and cds out myself so the weight is nothing in this matter or however you never put the dvd in and only did the weight of the dvd case so I would like to see photo proof of you putting the dvd in the case with the date and time on the photo and a photo of it then being taken to the post office I would be more in the right to open a fraud case against yourselves. I send the case it costs me money and puts me out of pocket plus this is not my fought but the fought is at your end. The file a claim I have asked for a refund

Just one last thing you said a sealed dvd weighed 83 gs well this dvd case was not sealed and you can see the case has been used which you state the dvd used on your description only I received a used case with no dvd inside your reply sounds more strange and does so signs of fraud

user profile
Seller_JLe6KCgEI2vMC

I have already advised her her that I have an identical DVD. When weighed with the jiffy bag, it is the same weight as the posted item, ie 83g.

She is refusung to send it back.

Go to original post