Help Would be appreciated account deactivated for allegedly selling in-authentic chocolates and after numerous documents and invoices sent to seller peformance from Thorntons still no resolution

Hi all,

I am kindly asking for some advice on where to go from here i have received this as the latest communication for the case as listed above in The Post title. Background is that i was suspended randomly to request authenticity checks for chocolates “Thorntons” I sold a few during the Christmas period and was left with some after Jan 20. On the 6th Jan 20 received the email below:

Communication 1
Dear

Your Amazon Seller account has been temporarily deactivated and your listings have been removed. Funds will not be transferred to you but will be held in your account while we work with you to address the following concern(s).

Why is this happening?
We are reviewing your Amazon Seller account for the reason(s) listed below. In order to ensure that customers can shop with confidence on Amazon, we routinely request additional documentation from sellers to verify their account information and confirm authenticity of certain items.

How do I reactivate my account?
To reactivate your selling account, please address the following concern(s):

You are offering items that may be inauthentic. A list of these items is provided below:

Asin: B081S51JL5
Brand: Thorntons
condition: new
Tittle: Thorntons Toffee & Fudge Festive Hamper 575g - Special Edition Large Gift Box

Asin: B07H9CNSML
Tittle: Thorntons Chocolate Christmas Gift Boxes (Gin Truffles 165g)

Asin: B07HB2WSP7
Tittle: Thorntons Extra Large Sharing Seasonal Selection Chocolate Box (Christmas) (OOS)

Please send us the following information:
– Copies of invoices, receipts, contracts, delivery orders, or authorization letters from your supplier issued in the last 365 days. The quantity of items shown should match your inventory.
– If you are not the brand owner, provide an authorization letter and a complete set of documentation, including authorization letters, to prove a valid supply chain.
– If you are the brand owner, provide a copy of the brand registration certificate, and business license or personal identity card.
– Contact information for your supplier, including name, phone number, address, email, and website.

You can send .pdf, .jpg, .png, or .gif files. These documents must be authentic and unaltered. We may call your supplier to verify the documents. You may remove pricing information, but the rest of the document must be visible. We will maintain the confidentiality of your supplier contact information.

The sale of counterfeit products on Amazon is strictly prohibited.
You can learn more about Amazon’s policies regarding the sale of counterfeit items in Seller Central Help:
– Amazon Anti-Counterfeiting Policy (https://sellercentral.amazon.in/gp/help/202190280)
– Policies and Agreements (https://sellercentral.amazon.in/gp/help/521)

How do I send the required information?
Please submit this information to pq-seller-assessment@amazon.in.

What happens if I do not send the requested information?
If we do not receive the requested information within 17 days, or after two unsuccessful appeals (whichever occurs sooner), we may not allow you to sell on Amazon.

You can see your balance and settlement information in the Payments section of Seller Central. If you have questions about those, please write to payments-investigate@amazon.in.
Sincerely,

Seller Performance Team

I responded with the required information Invoices, email confirmation of orders from Throntons etc as requested and even managed to circle out all info re :specific ASINs.

I received a second response below:

Dear Shrewsbury UK,

We received your submission but do not have enough information to reactivate your listings at this time.

Please send the following information for the items listed at the end of this email:
– Copies of invoices, receipts, contracts, delivery orders, or authorization letters from your supplier issued in the last 365 days. The quantity of items shown should match your inventory.
– If you are not the brand owner, provide an authorization letter and a complete set of documentation, including authorization letters, to prove a valid supply chain.
– If you are the brand owner, provide a copy of the brand registration certificate, and business license or personal identity card.
– Contact information for your supplier, including name, phone number, address, email, and website.

You can send .pdf, .jpg, .png, or .gif files. These documents must be authentic and unaltered. We may call your supplier to verify the documents. You may remove pricing information, but the rest of the document must be visible. We will maintain the confidentiality of your supplier contact information.

Please submit this information to pq-seller-assessment@amazon.co.uk.

If we do not receive the requested information, your listings will remain deactivated. If these problems persist, we may deactivate your Amazon seller account.

You can view your account’s performance at (https://sellercentral-europe.amazon.com/performance/dashboard?ref=ah_em_pq) or select Account Health on the home screen of the Amazon Seller app on your iOS (https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/amazon-seller/id794141485?mt=8) or Android (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.amazon.sellermobile.android&hl=en_GB) device. The Account Health dashboard shows how well your account is performing against the performance metrics and policies required to sell on Amazon.

Tittle: Thorntons Toffee & Fudge Festive Hamper 575g - Special Edition Large Gift Box

Tittle: Thorntons Extra Large Sharing Seasonal Selection Chocolate Box (Christmas) (OOS)

Sincerely,

Seller Performance Team

Submitted information requested again in more detail highlighting all information again and a commentary and letter then received this again

Dear Shrewsbury UK ,

We received your submission but do not have enough information to reactivate your listings at this time.

Please send the following information for the items listed at the end of this email:

Please submit this information to pq-seller-assessment@amazon.co.uk.

If we do not receive the requested information, your listings will remain deactivated. If these problems persist, we may deactivate your Amazon seller account.

You can view your account’s performance at (https://sellercentral-europe.amazon.com/performance/dashboard?ref=ah_em_pq) or select Account Health on the home screen of the Amazon Seller app on your iOS (https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/amazon-seller/id794141485?mt=8) or Android (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.amazon.sellermobile.android&hl=en_GB) device. The Account Health dashboard shows how well your account is performing against the performance metrics and policies required to sell on Amazon.

ASIN: B081S51JL5 B07H9CNSML B07HB2WSP7

Sincerely,

Seller Performance Team

After this i scanned all invoices relating to the ASINs individually for clarity yet again then i received this

replied below

Dear Seller Performance Team,

Please find attached the delivery orders from our supplier for the Following ASIN as requested:

B081S51JL5

B07H9CNSML

B07HB2WSP7

PS: Please note this ASIN B07HB2WSP7 is shown on all 10 invoices as a Bonus. Do not hesitate to contact us should you require further information.

Kind Regards

Shrewsbury UK and an attachment yet again

Then received this

Dear Stephen/Shrewsbury UK,

Your Amazon Seller account has been deactivated and your listings have been removed.
Funds will not be transferred to you but will be held in your account while we work with you to address the following concern(s).

If you do not appeal this decision within 90 days, funds will be withheld.

Why is this happening?
We are reviewing your Amazon Seller account for the reason(s) listed below. In order to ensure that customers can shop with confidence on Amazon, we request additional information from sellers to confirm the authenticity of certain products.

We found that your account may be related to an account that cannot be used to sell on Amazon.

Please review and address all Performance Notifications in Seller Central for your related Amazon seller accounts.

You have listed items that you are not approved to sell. There are pre-approval requirements for the branded items you are listing.

You are not approved to sell items for this brand:
Thorntons

A plan that explains:
– The reason you are listing products that you are not approved to sell
– Steps you have taken to resolve this issue
– How you will prevent this issue in the future

Here are a few things to consider as you work on resolving this:
–Listing: Is the product accurately described on Amazon? Have you ensured that there is no ambiguity and the customer is well informed?
–Packaging: Is the product in its original packaging as listed on Amazon?

Learn more about this policy in Seller Central Help (https://sellercentral-europe.amazon.com/gp/help/200301050)

We are concerned about the authenticity of some of the items you are listing. A list of these items is provided below:

Please reply to this email with the following information:

You can send .pdf, .jpg, .png, or .gif files. These documents must be authentic and unaltered. We may call your supplier to verify the documents. You may remove pricing information, but the rest of the document must be visible.

Please submit this information by clicking the Appeal button next to this message on the Performance Notifications page in Seller Central (https://sellercentral-europe.amazon.com/gp/customer-experience/perf-notification…).

If we do not receive the requested information within 90 days, funds will be withheld.

You can see your balance and settlement information in the Payments section of Seller Central. If you have questions about those, please write to payments-investigate@amazon.co.uk.

Sincerely,

Seller Performance Team

Responded with a plan of action based on examples seen here from the likes of the GURU KIKA and others and then received this

Dear Stephen /Shrewsbury UK,

Your Amazon Seller account has been deactivated and your listings have been removed.
Funds will not be transferred to you but will be held in your account while we work with you to address the following concern(s).

If you do not appeal this decision within 90 days, funds will be withheld.

Why is this happening?
We are reviewing your Amazon Seller account for the reason(s) listed below. In order to ensure that customers can shop with confidence on Amazon, we request additional information from sellers to confirm the authenticity of certain products.

We found that your account may be related to an account that cannot be used to sell on Amazon.

Please review and address all Performance Notifications in Seller Central for your related Amazon seller accounts.

You have listed items that you are not approved to sell. There are pre-approval requirements for the branded items you are listing.

You are not approved to sell items for this brand:
Thorntons

A plan that explains:
– The reason you are listing products that you are not approved to sell
– Steps you have taken to resolve this issue
– How you will prevent this issue in the future

Here are a few things to consider as you work on resolving this:
–Listing: Is the product accurately described on Amazon? Have you ensured that there is no ambiguity and the customer is well informed?
–Packaging: Is the product in its original packaging as listed on Amazon?

Learn more about this policy in Seller Central Help (https://sellercentral-europe.amazon.com/gp/help/200301050)

We are concerned about the authenticity of some of the items you are listing. A list of these items is provided below:

Please reply to this email with the following information:

You can send .pdf, .jpg, .png, or .gif files. These documents must be authentic and unaltered. We may call your supplier to verify the documents. You may remove pricing information, but the rest of the document must be visible.

Please submit this information by clicking the Appeal button next to this message on the Performance Notifications page in Seller Central (https://sellercentral-europe.amazon.com/gp/customer-experience/perf-notification…).

If we do not receive the requested information within 90 days, funds will be withheld.

You can see your balance and settlement information in the Payments section of Seller Central. If you have questions about those, please write to payments-investigate@amazon.co.uk.

Sincerely,

Seller Performance Team

MY plan of action Below

Dear Amazon UK Seller Performance Team,

Thank you for providing me with the opportunity to appeal my seller accounts suspension for listing items that I am not approved to sell.

What went wrong:

• In Dec 2019,I/Shrewsbury UK listed the Asins: B081S51L5, B0HCNSML, B07HB2WSP7 in question which were not gated at that time of listing or required approval.
  • As a result of our recent suspension for inauthenticity and subsequent suspension during the investigation process, I mistakenly assumed that those items were inactive from appearing to customers in other markets besides UK market place, which was deactivated, as we worked with you to provide invoices etc. for authenticity.
  • During that process I identified that our listing was open to the other markets namely the France market place on an FBA listing as soon as the deactivation for that market place occurred.
  • We have since identified our failure to close all Thornton listings during the investigation in all market places as the root cause and immediately closed all listings relating to Thornton’s from our inventory as soon as we realised that there had been a breach of your listing policies and do not intend on selling products without constantly checking the listing policy regularly for our entire inventory. There has been oversight on my part.
  • I failed at the time of the event to familiarise myself thoroughly with the Amazon guidelines in regards to listing/account suspensions.
  • I take full responsibility for this issue and would like to share my plan of action, which describes how I have and intend to put the necessary process and procedures in place over the next few weeks that will prevent this from happening ever again in the future.

What I have done to fix the issue:

• I have since deleted all product listing which have been identified as breaching your policy for approval requirement for all the items Amazon has shown concern over including the following Asins: B081S51L5, B0HCNSML, B07HB2WSP7.
  • As a proactive measure, I have gone through my entire inventory and removed any items that may have been in violation of any Amazon policies going forward and will ensure we follow up with confirmation of our ability to list any products inline with your policies if in doubt.
  • All listings in my inventory have been thoroughly reviewed and will be reviewed at least once a week to ensure that we remain compliant with any seller requirements that may have changed prior to listing any products.

What I will do to prevent this from happening again:

• I have since reviewed your policies, guidelines and also had a thorough review of the help pages in particular relation to listing approval, policy requirements and since appointed a new trainee who is currently being trained as part of our compliance team with an aim to incorporate and streamline any future requirements within our own policies and guided steps to listings products we intend to sell on your platform.
  • I will keep abreast of updates with Amazon policies to ensure I remain compliant

Conclusion

I take full responsibility for the satisfaction of Amazon’s customers and understand that the policies are in place to uphold your quality requirements from us sellers as a measure to promote good practice within your market place. As such I respectfully request that you reinstate my selling privileges. Thank you for working with me to resolve this issue.

Then they responded again with
Dear Seller,

— Supplier information (name, phone number, address, website)
– Buyer information (name, phone number, address, website)
– Item descriptions (for ease of our review, you may highlight or circle the ASIN(s) under review)
– Item quantities
– Invoice date (must be issued in the last 365 days)
– Invoice date (must be issued in the last 365 days and before 06/01/2020

You may remove pricing information, but the rest of the document must be visible. For ease of our review, you may highlight or circle the ASIN(s) under review.

You can only send .pdf, .jpg, .png, or .gif files. These documents must be authentic and unaltered.

Please submit this information by replying to this email.

If you do not send the requested information, your listings for the items below will remain deactivated.

ASIN: B081S51JL5 B07H9CNSML B07HB2WSP7

Sincerely,

Seller Performance Team

And i sent in required info again as requested below yet again even more info and communication from thorntons quality department

Dear Amazon UK Seller Performance Team,

Thank you for providing me with the opportunity to supply information to get my account activated below is the information requested and documents attached together with this letter

HERE ARE THE PRODUCTS that you requested information in table below

ALL RECEIPTS AND INVOICES HAVE BEEN PROVIDED

ASIN

BRAND

TITLE

CONDITION

QUANTITY PURCHASED

DATE PURCHASED

PLACE OF PURCHASE

B081S51JL5

Thorntons

Thorntons Toffee and fudge Festive Hamper 575g – Special Edition large gift box

new

www.thorntons.co.uk

B0H9CNSML

Thorntons

Thorntons Chocolate Christmas Gift Boxes Gin Trufles 165g)

new

www.thorntons.co.uk

B07HB2WSP7

Thorntons

Thorntons Extra Large Sharing Seasonal Selection Chocolate Box (Christmas)

new

Bonus box

www.thorntons.co.uk

Please note the ASIN B07HB2WSP7 is the bonus box item indicated in all order receipts which has been highlighted and circled out to differentiate thank you.

SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS are attached with the submission and ASINS in question have been circled

Supplier information:

Name: Thorntons

Contact number: 08450757565

Address: Thorntons Ltd

Consumer queries

Thorntons park

Somercotes

Alfreton

Derbyshire

DE554XJ

Email: Ferreropressoffice@cohnwolfe.com

Buyer Name : Shrewsbury

I then received this email today sadly saying

Dear Seller,

We received your submission but do not have enough information to reactivate your account.

Why did I receive this message?
You have not sent us sufficient information that we previously requested from you to address our concerns with your account. For privacy reasons, we do not provide details about our investigation methods.

What happens now?
Your account will remain deactivated. If you have funds in your account, they will be available after any amounts paid for A-to-Z claims or chargebacks on your orders have been deducted. This usually takes about 90 days, but funds may be held longer. Depending on your account status and activities, you may be required to complete an additional review before funds can be released. . Funds may be withheld if we determine that your account was used to sell inauthentic or prohibited goods, commit fraud or engage in other illegal or abusive activity.

Sincerely,

Seller Performance Team

I have exhausted all options have thousands stuck in amazon account and totally annoyed that a few chocolates are causing such an issue in the mean time i have fulfilled all orders pending over the two week period as-well to prevent any negative feedback and i have no where else to turn for advice. Please if anyone is able to guide kindly feel free to do so and much appreciated from a new seller many thanks.

Regards

Stephen

I gather from that rather exhaustive post that there are two possible issues that you face.
1: The issue over the Thornton’s Chocolates
2: A possible link to a second seller account, which is currently either suspended, or has never been fully opened.

With the first issue it appears to me that a Letter of Authorization from Thornton’s, to sell their goods on Amazon would have done the trick if it accompanied the invoices as requested.
Several times Amazon told you exactly what they required and I could not see where you stated that you sent such a letter.

What about that all important LOA? Did you send that?

Also did the invoices from Thornton’s clearly show their details, the product details and your details exactly as you are seen on seller central?
The invoices would be no good if they were lacking some of the required detail or if any of the info was a mismatch for your details on Amazon.
So if on Amazon you are called “Shrewsbury UK” then it would be no good the invoice being addressed to “Joe Bloggs” or even “Shrewsbury bits and pieces”…

With the second issue, have Amazon linked you to a second account and included that in your suspension as it appears?
If so then you will need to address this in your POA too, and if so be aware that as of yet Amazon have not been shown to make a mistake of this nature [except where UAE is involved] and there WILL be a second account somewhere to which you have a tangible link, and this will need to be explored before your suspension would be lifted.

Ten out of ten for reading all of that…and then still having enough energy (and electricity in the meter) to respond :clap:

We need a hint button for anyone who has that much material to post.
Use the cog [top right of the reply box]
Select “hide details” and then place the bulky messages inside where it says “this text will be hidden”

Click arrow

and all that text is then revealed, but the post itself remains short on screen

Many thanks for your response Adrian much appreciated for taking time out. First thing now you have pointed out the invoice name is in my name as I purchased on my personal bank Cards and did provide those receipts, as per LOA I will need to approach Thornton’s as these were on offer and at point of sale never knew I needed a LOA to sell this brand as I was never gated to list it. The first email was about the authenticity of the product for which as I said I sent in communication from Thornton’s quality department in email correspondence. The second issue with the linked account, I have never sold on amazon I am a new seller barely three months old and do not have any other accounts if that’s what your asking sir. I appreciate your suggestions and do you advice addressing the linked account with a POA relating to that specifically as I am 100 percent sure the link is in error. Many thanks for your help Adrian.

OK, so point 1: The Invoices, hopefully you have now discovered the problem and can get Thornton’s to issue a new invoice in the correct name [and showing your Amazon address!].
When requesting a new invoice ask for a LOA as this will massively strengthen your case.

For the linked account issue, as I mentioned before I am certain that if Amazon have leveled this accusation at you then they HAVE found another account to which you have a tangible link. They have never been shown to make an error on this.

Did you ever start, but not finish, opening an account prior to this one?
Has anyone in your household ever had a seller account, or tried to open one, in the past?
Has another seller ever accessed their account from your device, or you from theirs?
Do you share a warehouse with another seller?
Has your email address ever been linked with another account?

You will need to explore every avenue because Amazon will not guide you [for security reasons] but unless you identify and explain the link you will be unable to progress even after resolving the Thornton’s issue.

Hi Adrian

As per the linked account my brother has been selling for a year and has no link to my address at all he introduced us to this venture and talked us through the whole amazon selling venture. He would probably have accessed his account in our home. We share same surname different first names. If two individuals aren’t allowed to sell on amazon because we share same surname I am baffled. That’s the only thing I can think can relate. He is selling fine and is doing very good business doesn’t have any blocked listings or anything or isn’t suspended. I will contact Thornton’s tomorrow and see what they can do for me in relation to the invoice as I suspect it may be difficult as my missus purchased it on my card and had it delivered to her house as I was on site ( this is not my main day Job) so I will get a bank statement as supplementary as it shows all payment information. Many thanks

So Amazon is saying that your account is linked with one that can’t sell on Amazon. As your brother’s account is not suspended and is doing well this is unlikely to be the connection. Often the connection is an acount application that was started but never completed. Have you, or perhaps more likely, any other member of your household started a selling application in the past, no matter how many years ago?

Was it a purchase from the Thornton’s website?

I have another email address and tried to do a forgotten password on the seller central to check and definitely says no seller account associated with this email address so that’s the last draw I have checked to eliminate all angles completely.

@conny yes it was off the website thanks

Amazon do not allow the resale of items purchased at retail; through shops or websites to be classified as "New. Grocery category items must be purchased through official wholesale channels only as they must (obviously) be “New”.

This is a legal food standards requirement for consumer safety.

@Conny_Online so are you saying buying stock off Thornton’s website directly in bulk is against amazon policy ???

It’s against Amazon policy to list retail purchases as “New” items. As all Grocery products have to be sold “New” then your source can not be Retail Stores or Retail websites for Grocery.

This is why retail arbitrage is a very risky proposition on Amazon, especially for a new seller.

When Amazon ask for invoices and proof of authenticity they are expecting sellers to be purchasing stock that is intended for resale.

When Thorntons sell you a box of chocolates on thorntons.co.uk they are expecting you to be a retail customer. They are not selling to you on the basis that you then list it on Amazon and compete with them.

You may well find this suspension difficult to overcome as I don’t see how they will issue you a genuine invoice or LOA for what was an online retail sale.

I was thinking about this and thought that a big company like Thornton’s would be unlikely to approve the OP as an authorized seller of their goods without inspecting his property to view his
1: Temperature controlled storage facility [a conservatory for instance, with extremes of temperature would likely spoil the product in the package]
2: His health and safety certificate
3: His hygiene certificate [don’t want rats accessing the chocolate]
4: His packaging methods [in order to ensure the goods arrive at the customers address in pristine condition box wise]

@Shrewsbury_UK
I think you may have to just admit your error re Thornton’s and delete all such lines from your Inventory.

As already advised, there will be a non usable second account, or application, out there that is associated with you, and you will need to identify it before moving that aspect of your suspension forward.

Thorntons are at the Spring and Autumn Fairs at the NEC each year. We approached them one year to show some interest (as well as selling online we also have a high street card/gift shop) Whenever purchasing with a new supplier we always ask if there are any issues selling the products online (On Amazon and eBay) as well as in store (just in case sales aren’t what you hoped for instore) and we were told its fine - no mention of authorisations or inspections. Fortunately, we decided it wasn’t for us (glad reading this post)
It was a year or two back so things may have changed.

However you didnt open a trade account. To open a trade account would require you to enter in to a Franchise agreement for the authorised sale of and use of the Thorntons trade marks. Part of the Franchise agreement is the way that the product is stored and handled.

You questions to them were regarding opening a trade franchise rather than reselling stock purchased via retail.