How do we compete with Amazon's own prices?

Whats £9.49 plus postage charged to buyer?

Yes I know book sellers who do it too, then suddenly I’ll notice that all their items have it removed. So I assume Amazon finally catch up with them.

Yep have had that happen and it always amazes me. Like I said a complete inability by a lot of people to do basic arithmetic.

To be honest, as I only buy books in the discount sector of the trade, I’m nearly always cheaper than jolly old Amazon.

The biggest problem for me is all the other booksellers sourcing the same stock - many of who have then gone FBA to try and compete. All FBA sellers seem to ues price-cutting software too! So in my case, even though I am forced to list at my minimum price, I’m dead in the water. Not because of Amazon’s own price, but because of the general lunacy that dominates the site.

I’m surprised nobody else has pointed out that paying Amazon a £25 monthly sub to be crucified left right and centre is ever so slightly questionable.

Any minute now some trite tripe will be dished up with the usual Turkey stuffing!

+I’m surprised nobody else has pointed out that paying Amazon a £25 monthly sub to be crucified left right and centre is ever so slightly questionable.+

Anybody who pays Amazon £25 monthly and doesn’t sell the required amount of items is simply an idiot because they are wasting money, I don’t think they get crucified for that though.

£9.49 plus £1.26 = £10.75

So worthwhile for them to buy from amazon/FBA then.

Ouch Rupe I’ve been trying to ignore that slice of pain :smiley: Merry Christmas!

You’d do well if it wasn’t for the other sellers eh? :slight_smile:

> I’m surprised nobody else has pointed out that paying Amazon a £25 monthly sub to be crucified left right and centre is ever so slightly questionable.
>
> Any minute now some trite tripe will be dished up with the usual Turkey stuffing!

Yes, do not pay amazon the £25 fee in your case. Presumably others have some more sales than you and its worth it to them?

A normal size DVD under 100g is 73P 2nd class and 93P 1st class…both are large letter stamps…
So i’m not sure what you mean about 1st being no quicker than 2nd?? maybe i’m missing something!

NO…the Amazon price is £9.50 but no free post unless you spend £10 or more…so if a buyer just wants this one item,it would be cheaper to buy at £10.75 inc post…

As a buyer myself i rarely order just one low price item.

So i’m not sure what you mean about 1st being no quicker than 2nd?? maybe i’m missing something!

I always send my CDs/DVDs out 2nd class and have never had a problem. Last Wednesday I posted a CD at 3.45pm in our local Post Office, which is in a small Yorkshire village and it arrived in Sussex on Friday morning. I know this because I got very complementary feedback from a satisfied buyer on Friday afternoon.

That’s better than most…i received a cd posted first class to me on the 10th and it didn’t reach me til the 16th. Depends how busy your local posties are I think. Would imagine inside the M25 it’s as slow as usual this time of year.

I send all Large Letter by 2nd class mail and my feedback on all platforms is full of speedy delivery comments. I’ve had many cases of 2nd class being delivered in 1 day.

So is 1st class really worth the extra few pence when that few pence could go to much better use.

In my experience it is not.

RM has neither the time nor the inclination to seperate out stamped 1st and 2nd class post (using a mix of NVM stamps) in order to prioritise those who foolishly pay over the odds for first class. A rumour persists that they take the time to do this at Xmas although I`ve never seen any evidence for it. I daresay if you use clearly marked 1st and 2nd class LL stamps you are probably helping them to sort the wheat from the chaff as it were.

I send everything second class - apart from Thursday to Saturday last week. PS - I’ve never posted a DVD that weighed less than 100g - what are you posting them out in? A plastic bag? My DVDs average out at about 115g - that’s 84p with an account.

Lots of DVDs weigh less than 100g especially newer released ones. Eco cases and lighter plastic even on Amaray cases mean it`s often quite feasible to pack in a Mail-Lite padded bag and post it for 73p.

I received a DVD today in a jiffy with a 2nd class stamp on it. Ordered last Thursday night so not bad going!

Darn, thats good going. Had a bunch of mine in early December take 10 days or so, even 1st class has been occasionally taking a week or more last week. Most getting there quicker, the usual 2% in December taking a week or more.