How to speak to/chat with a human for support

How can I speak to/chat with a human at Amz to get my Amz seller account unsuspended. All the links that Amz send me in the email (advising me that my account is suspended) lead to dead ends because “your account has been suspended” … I can’t even “raise a case” because when I try it says I’m not allowed to raise a case because my account has been suspended!
Daniella

You can’t, you can only correspond via the email for seller performance.

What has happened and maybe we can help?

Hi Neil. Thank you for your swift post. Their email came from apuk-seller-verification-enquiry@amazon.co.uk . I’ll reply to it and see what happens. :smile:

The main part of their email to me is pasted below. When I follow the links they provide, the options just aren’t there … or aren’t active because “your account has been suspended” … And I’ve poked around, but can’t find anywhere where I can do what they are asking me to do.

Hello, Your payments account has failed our verification process. As a result, you can no longer sell on any Amazon’s UK or European Marketplaces. This decision is final and not subject to appeal. You can access your Seller Central account for the next 40 days. After this time, you will not have access to Seller Central, including your financial reports. Why is this happening? You incorrectly selected the ‘Individual’ legal entity when you registered. We have explained the different legal entities below. How do I reactivate my account? To continue with your account verification, please update your legal entity by following the instructions below. – Go to the “Account Info” page in the “Settings” section of Seller Central (https://sellercentral-europe.amazon.com/gp/on-board/configuration/index.html) – Click “Edit” in the “Business and Contact Information” section and select the relevant legal entity. – Confirm the business details and click “Submit”. Use the following information to select the correct legal entity: – Individual: You must only choose this legal entity if you do not sell for profit. Individual sellers may list unwanted personal items, such as old DVDs or books. – UK Sole Proprietor: This legal entity is for any commercial individual who sells for profit. A Sole Proprietorship is registered with Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (HMRC). There is no legal distinction between the owner and the business. – State-owned: A business that is either wholly or partially owned and operated by a government. – Publicly-listed: A business with shares listed on a stock exchange for public trading. – Privately-owned (such as Limited, Partnership, International Sole Proprietor): A business controlled and operated by private individuals. – Charity: Incorporated or non-incorporated tax exempt body. If you think your selling activity fits the ‘Individual’ legal entity, please reply to this email to answer the following questions: – What is the source of your inventory? – Who will benefit from the profits of your sales on Amazon? If you have funds in your account, they will be available after any amounts for A-to-z claims or chargebacks on your orders have been deducted. This usually takes about 90 days, but funds may be held longer.

The reason is clearly given in their email.
You obviously signed up for an Individual Seller Account (the legal entity), when you should have signed up for a Business Seller Account. - and they describe exactly what each account type is for, particularly the Individual account which is ONLY for selling personal second-hand items.

Have you registered with HMRC as self-employed ? You will need to supply Amazon with your UTR to change the legal entity to a Business Seller Account.

The above is exactly what you need to do. Just responding to them won’t make any difference at all.
If you cannot edit that particular section, then you need to contact support and ask them to change it to be editable.

Hi JillyB1. Thank you for your help. No, I am definitely not, and should not be treated as, a business. I am selling my own stuff to clear out my house, not buying and selling for profit. Hence, I have not registered this business with HMRC … because there is no ‘business’. (Though I do have a business registered with HMRC (a finanical asset trading business) that has nothing to do with Amazon.) I really don’t know how Amazon have got the idea that I am a business - the only thing I can think of is that about 5 years ago I sold about £5K of books over 3 months, but even that was just clearing out my personal library. :slight_smile:

Were you selling items as “New”?

Hi Neil. On that link (https://sellercentral-europe.amazon.com/gp/on-board/configuration/index.html) there is no "Business and Contact Information” section or link. There is “Business information” section containing four links, but when I go into each one everything is greyed out with a statement that
“Your account has failed our verification process. Please see your email for additional information.” But the Amz email just sends me to this webpage. I need to speak to a human being; their systems/processes are clearly screwed here…

Some as new, some as “Like new”, the majority as used.

Ok, if you sold items as new, then they will pick up as you being a business. As if you are selling off your own goods, they are ALL second hand, regardless of how good the quality of them is.
As such, your not going to get very far without becoming a business on Amazon.
So if all you are doing is selling off your own stuff, I’d forget about it and go sell your books on ABE or use Ebay and so instead.

As to the link, it may now work, but if you go through the menus, it will get you to the right place. Like I said earlier, you may not be able to edit them, so you will need Amazon to enable it first.

That is your problem! As Amazon have told you in their e-mail, the Individual account is only for selling used possessions. Even if your item was still intact in its original packaging, it is no longer New under Amazon’s rules - once something leaves the hands of a retailer, it is Used

Only businesses can sell New items. Your seller name may also not have helped - UK Sales Online makes you sound like a business

Neil has already told you that you can’t

Tx olderithian, Neil, and JillyB1. I’m sure you’ve hit the nail on the head. I’ll abandon Amz and use other channels, then.

I have to say that Amz’s lack of any voice (or even chat) support is stunning in the 21st century - they are truly brazen… You people have been amazing and I thank you from the bottom of my heart. I can now move on with my life… :-))

There is chat support for those on the Pro selling plan, although it doesn’t always work when they are very busy, which appears to be most of the time since Covid. But it’s probably unrealistic to expect them to provide phone support for the millions of sellers on here: Amazon’s policies and procedures are now so detailed and complex (and constantly changing) that the support staff cannot possibly know them all by heart. They would have to research your problem and find an answer while you were on the line, which would take too much of your time and theirs. They are also undoubtedly set performance targets and phone calls would take too long to resolve within the time they are allowed

Yes, as the others have said, the fact that you listed items as ‘New’ will have triggered Amazon to assume you are a business.
The only way to actually speak to a human is if you are on the Professional Selling Plan (paid subscription) and you can get a call back.
Also, the other thing I noticed in the email you received is this, regarding your payment account:

Yes, using the other selling platform will be your best bet.

closed #15

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.