How to stop a competitor ordering

I have a competitor who is continually ordering my items, obviously i am not going to post the items, as they will claim they havent arrived or bad quality, etc etc. So the other option is to cancel them but that effects my cancellation metrics.

I have recently reported them so that may solve the problem, however if it doesnt do i play them at their own game and order their products.

Any thoughts on this.

They may not be ordering it just to bash your metrics.

It is quite possible they need the item because they have run out and sold one. Maybe someone just bought the last one and when they came to pack it they found it was damaged.

I get competitors ordering from me quite frequently.

I would think it is doubtful, they have placed several orders over the last few days and they could have used their own FBA stock

That would make it less likely but removal order can take a long time. I have been waiting 6 weeks for one.

All you can do is report the seller who you think is behind these practices.

Personally I feel there is a lot of anti competitive practices on this platform where a seller tells their friends and family to start instigating claims against their competitor. The usual stuff where they get their friends to write fake review about their competitor product, item not received, or damaged etc. If Amazon took a harder stance to this it will stop or at least reduce this and make Amazon a safer trading platform. Consumers can rely on the reviews instead of reading fake reviews before deciding to purchase or not.

I have had this since early January on 2 SKU’s all my stock is ordered (10,000 units !!) and the transaction is never completed within minutes of the stock being made available its gone again, despite raising this with AZ 2 or 3 times a week it appears there is little they can do, I would recommend raising a case or several with them for buyer / policy abuse just to cover your own back - yesterday I woke up to an email from Seller Performance

We are contacting you because you appear to have violated the following policies on Amazon.co.uk:
– Misuse of Ratings, Feedback, or Reviews
– Misuse of Sales Rank
– Misuse of Search and Browse

Prohibited behaviors on Amazon.co.uk include, but are not limited to:
– Hiring 3rd parties to try to improve ASIN rank and/or reviews
– Sending packages to addresses where the recipient does not order or expect them
– Soliciting or accepting false or fraudulent orders
– Placing orders for your own products
– Compensating buyers for purchasing your products (including claim codes)

If this continues, you will not be able to sell on Amazon.co.uk. Learn more about this policy in Seller Central Help (https://sellercentral-europe.amazon.com/gp/help/200386250).

The last sentence is wrong as they had placed restrictions against my account and I was unable to sell inventory !!

Suffice to say I have thrown rattle and baby out of the pram and ripped a poor Amazon Agent to bits on the phone before she rather cowardly admitted that AZ had restricted my account and that my suspicion that it was down to the 2 SKU’s was correct and within a few hours the closest I think you can get from AZ as an (in)sincere apology.

The email you received on 15/02/2020 was sent to you in error.

We are sorry for any inconvenience this has caused, and we have updated your account accordingly.