user profile
Sign in
user profile

Increase Prices or Go Out of Stock?

by Seller_LkPpSgD323PU5

Im finding it hard to keep up with demand on some of my handmade items. I dont know what is the best thing to do. Up the price a fair bit to slow things down or to go out of stock until i have enough back up stock again?

Either way i know i am going to take a hit on my rankings. But which is the better option?

Im selling too many lower priced items and i can’t make them quick enough, working 16-18 hours a day right now and getting behind.

Any ideas anyone?

TIA

Dotty

Tags: Pricing
7 replies
7 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_hC0hNVDuILaKO
In reply to: Seller_LkPpSgD323PU5’s post

Up the price, that way even if you sell fewer you will still retain your profit.
After all, there is obviously demand for your product, so why should you not take advantage of that fact

user profile
Seller_VE9wk5SPW4qMX

I agree with Adrian. Might as well make a bit more money! Pleasant problem to have, isn’t it?

Or… put the shop in holiday mode for a couple of days, while you catch up and make some back stock.

user profile
Seller_dMbss28h0Lysl

Increase prices, make the most of it during the festive season. Do not put out of stock as you may lose the ranking and fall back on search pages.

user profile
Seller_LkPpSgD323PU5

Thank you all. It is a nice problem to have but also stressful.

I had a quieter evening yesterday and manage to clear all of Tuesdays backlog so just yesterdays to catch up on. Im so used to getting everything out quickly.

I already put my prices up in November so not sure what to do as these are all low value items that are steaming out and a lot of similar competitors on the market place. I was hoping going out of stock for a few hours/day might have been the better option. But if i get another flurry i will do it.

Had September to November not been so dire i would have employed someone to help. Never mind i will make it, pack it and post it all.

Thanks all, happy selling everyone

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post